Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

UPDATE on my dissapointed dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poorhousenext
Bnasty,

Looks like Strip performance improvement was due better 60' time due to going to "Higher Stall" converter, Vs the your old one. That Stall improvement is a given.

Now that you have seen that improvement why not remove the "Y" pipe, check tune, then go to the track again to see if ET improves by doing that, before making any more changes. 1 step at a time, rather than multiples so you can see how each changes effects performance.

What that would do is help both you and others with similar problems, so as to avoid them.

that is my plan lol.. i just didnt have enough chances to run for me to remove y and c if there was a difference. But even if i put my fast intake on and not remove the y id still be able to tell what caused my issue... i possitively know that my ls6 intake is enough to support my mods.. only thing the fast will do is give me an increase in hp and possibly shift my peak hp up 200 rpms.. I think we can all agree that the restriction is more in the exhaust rather then my ls6 intake....i will keep you updated... the converter def did more then just help my 60 ft.. when i logged the data on the dyno run it also allowed me to pull all the way to 6900 as opposed to the 6500 in the graph...
Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bnastystuntz
that is my plan lol.. i just didnt have enough chances to run for me to remove y and c if there was a difference. But even if i put my fast intake on and not remove the y id still be able to tell what caused my issue... i possitively know that my ls6 intake is enough to support my mods.. only thing the fast will do is give me an increase in hp and possibly shift my peak hp up 200 rpms.. I think we can all agree that the restriction is more in the exhaust rather then my ls6 intake....i will keep you updated... the converter def did more then just help my 60 ft.. when i logged the data on the dyno run it also allowed me to pull all the way to 6900 as opposed to the 6500 in the graph...
Bnasty,

The best way to learn, is to do the least costly things before throwing more money at things that could show the real benefit of each of them as they were added. No cost except your labor to remove that y-pipe to see how much it hurt engine's performance if what I think is true. Probably need to Tune, but cost wise you'll need to do that even if it's the last change you make.

As for as enough chances to remove the Ypipe, it been a few years since I had to drop transmission in a car, but I'm sure I had to remove exhaust from headers back to do it. Why bother to reinstall it. Could have remove it, checked tuned an run car. Then drop trans and install converter and run car. See if you could get car in 10s with engine setup you have, without intake swap that allows for more air in, that is if you can get it's extra air flow potential in & out.

I'll give up on my preaching. May be that thread you subscribed to recently, where the guy has same problem will look at removing it or adding cutouts to y-pipe so engine can breath in & out better will convince you, it's not engine it's it supporting cast.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by poorhousenext
Bnasty,

The best way to learn, is to do the least costly things before throwing more money at things that could show the real benefit of each of them as they were added. No cost except your labor to remove that y-pipe to see how much it hurt engine's performance if what I think is true. Probably need to Tune, but cost wise you'll need to do that even if it's the last change you make.

As for as enough chances to remove the Ypipe, it been a few years since I had to drop transmission in a car, but I'm sure I had to remove exhaust from headers back to do it. Why bother to reinstall it. Could have remove it, checked tuned an run car. Then drop trans and install converter and run car. See if you could get car in 10s with engine setup you have, without intake swap that allows for more air in, that is if you can get it's extra air flow potential in & out.

I'll give up on my preaching. May be that thread you subscribed to recently, where the guy has same problem will look at removing it or adding cutouts to y-pipe so engine can breath in & out better will convince you, it's not engine it's it supporting cast.
well im lucky to have a tuner who really cares bout its customers...it basicall wont cost me anything to adjust the tune... DAVE over at Efxtuning is an awsome shop. im just lucky to have good companies behind me who are willing to help out. i basically have to force him to take money from me lol.. but im not one to take things for free u know... i like to do what is right

Efx tuning
Texas speed
FTI all of which are great companies
Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 214 Likes on 167 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by bnastystuntz
afterwards i took it back over to efx to do a quick dyno pull to do a data log. this time i was able to pull the car all the way to 6900 rpm as opposed to 6500.
Was this dyno pull NA or on the bottle?
Was that time slip NA on a 5k stall?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Was this dyno pull NA or on the bottle?
Was that time slip NA on a 5k stall?
yes time slip is NA on a 5k stall.. Dyno pull was to do a data log.. converter flashes to.5200 . car pulled to 6900 and started pullin vacuum at 6100
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 214 Likes on 167 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Won't a 5k stall be too loose for spray?
I have similar mods and my 4k stall is nice and tight on motor. I'm wondering if I go up in stall speed will my HP peak at a higher RPM when not on spray.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 07-12-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Won't a 5k stall be too loose for spray?
I have similar mods and my 4k stall is nice and tight on motor. I'm wondering if I go up in stall speed will my HP peak at a higher RPM when not on spray.
im not sure bout peaking higher.. my 5k stall only has bout 1.5 percent slip so its pretty tight for a 5 k.

Quick Reply: UPDATE on my dissapointed dyno results