Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

408 380rwhp where did I go wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyrhone Marr
car runs like it has a big cam every once in a while at the light if I'm not careful it will stall going into a very big lope
Originally Posted by Tyrhone Marr
they say this tuner is the best and I paid almost a grand. He recommended a fast 102 but at this rate I am wondering if I'd be better converting to an ls3 top end
​​These statements don't match up. Though the 98 computer is crap it's generally workable. I'd consider an upgrade personally though.

A local engine shop swears by their "tuna", a big chunk of my calibration work is redoing what he's already screwed up. I'm not saying that's the case, just that it's possible regardless of reputation.

Did you order the heads from AI or buy them second hand? Is it possible you were cheated?
Old 07-26-2018, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglegoat
​​These statements don't match up. Though the 98 computer is crap it's generally workable. I'd consider an upgrade personally though.

A local engine shop swears by their "tuna", a big chunk of my calibration work is redoing what he's already screwed up. I'm not saying that's the case, just that it's possible regardless of reputation.

Did you order the heads from AI or buy them second hand? Is it possible you were cheated?
lsx specialties modded my harness I have the computer out of my 2000 Z. It idles good once started but does take a minute to start I can drive the car all day and not have it stall but it I get into a tight spot and it starts surging it may stall if I don't blip the throttle. Sent the heads in myself.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:00 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Cam timing verified? Maybe a bad cylinder with low compression? dyno not setup right? Take it to the track and see what it traps. a 408 should do 124-127
Old 07-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post up a copy of the dyno sheet.
Do a compression and leakdown test.
Do you have anyrhing to scan live data? Possibly down a cylinder and misfiring? After you run the car for a min are any header primaries not warm to the touch?
would be nice to see what your tune looks like?

Quick Reply: 408 380rwhp where did I go wrong