918rwhp 4.8 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

918rwhp 4.8

Old 09-05-2018, 08:16 PM
  #1  
TECH Resident
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 997
Default 918rwhp 4.8

Stock bottom 4.8 stock heads stock intake 23 psi 19* unlocked 3rd 80e .8 lambda bullseye turbo revving it to 7500
speed density tuned on the e38 so couldn't go up on boost without making it a hackjob


subeone is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 02:22 AM
  #2  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 32
Default

Damn! That's crazy. Curious how long it will last lol.
TexasHavoc88 is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 03:48 AM
  #3  
TECH Resident
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 997
Default

A good 7-8 months of racing every weekend, I've done plenty of these
subeone is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 AM
  #4  
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (4)
 
LSX Power Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brenham TX
Posts: 2,090
Default

That 7500 rpm on stock bottom end would worry me more than the hp. What it make SAE 850ish?
__________________

Full Service LSX Shop
*MAIL ORDER TUNING LINK*
HP Tuners, EFI Live, SCT, Holley, BS3, FAST XFI
Holley Certified Installer & Tuner
MSD, Brian Tooley, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Holley, Edge, Superchips +100's more

Email, Remote, Mail Order, Dyno, Street & Track Tuning
*WEBPAGE* *FACEBOOK* *ONLINE STORE*
LSX Power Tuning is online now  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:10 AM
  #5  
"I MAID THEESE"
iTrader: (2)
 
Mavn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,311
Default

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning View Post
That 7500 rpm on stock bottom end would worry me more than the hp. What it make SAE 850ish?
Me and Czr Spun mine to 7800 a few times . Shes still kickin
Mavn is online now  
Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 PM
  #6  
TECH Resident
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 997
Default

Made 907 sae , the guys at the dyno had it at STD not sure why

and yea lol we revved MAVNs much higher
subeone is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 04:04 PM
  #7  
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (4)
 
LSX Power Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brenham TX
Posts: 2,090
Default

What kind of cam shafts are you running on stock motors that make power that high in rpm? On 99% of the vehicles we re-tune especailly trucks we uusally turn them less rpm and make more power. We done even turn any of our boosted cars we race to 7500rpm and they are all way past 1,000rwhp.
__________________

Full Service LSX Shop
*MAIL ORDER TUNING LINK*
HP Tuners, EFI Live, SCT, Holley, BS3, FAST XFI
Holley Certified Installer & Tuner
MSD, Brian Tooley, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Holley, Edge, Superchips +100's more

Email, Remote, Mail Order, Dyno, Street & Track Tuning
*WEBPAGE* *FACEBOOK* *ONLINE STORE*
LSX Power Tuning is online now  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 PM
  #8  
Super Hulk Smash
iTrader: (7)
 
JakeFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 10,553
Default

Are you sure you're talking about LS motors and not 2JZ? 7800? lol
JakeFusion is online now  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:55 PM
  #9  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by subeone View Post
A good 7-8 months of racing every weekend, I've done plenty of these
Do you pull timing at peak torque?
tt-pinto is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:03 PM
  #10  
TECH Resident
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 997
Default

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning View Post
What kind of cam shafts are you running on stock motors that make power that high in rpm? On 99% of the vehicles we re-tune especailly trucks we uusally turn them less rpm and make more power. We done even turn any of our boosted cars we race to 7500rpm and they are all way past 1,000rwhp.
this 4.8 had a 22x/23x camshaft with a 96mm backwheel
fuel consumption and load keeps going up with rpm as well up to 7300 and just plateaus til about 7600 then it drops a bit.

and lol I used to tune 2js before doing LSs, I'm used to the rpms. Knock on wood never have had an issue with a SBE.

Yes, I pull a significant amount of timing in the mid range peak torque) about 3-4*less than what I have around 7k rpm. Also having an unlocked converter keeps these 4 bolt heads very happy. I lock them but very very late and very high in engine speed to prevent a torque spike.

everyone has their own tuning methods however so I'm not saying my method Is the right way, it's just what I've picked up over the years to make them live a long time. I had plenty of failures like every one out there.
subeone is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:19 PM
  #11  
TECH Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central Cal.
Posts: 8,662
Default

I can see with a 4.8's shorter stroke it would be able to rev a bit higher than the "normal" longer stroke LS's.
G Atsma is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 12:47 AM
  #12  
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (4)
 
LSX Power Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brenham TX
Posts: 2,090
Default

Originally Posted by subeone View Post
this 4.8 had a 22x/23x camshaft with a 96mm backwheel
fuel consumption and load keeps going up with rpm as well up to 7300 and just plateaus til about 7600 then it drops a bit.

and lol I used to tune 2js before doing LSs, I'm used to the rpms. Knock on wood never have had an issue with a SBE.

Yes, I pull a significant amount of timing in the mid range peak torque) about 3-4*less than what I have around 7k rpm. Also having an unlocked converter keeps these 4 bolt heads very happy. I lock them but very very late and very high in engine speed to prevent a torque spike.

everyone has their own tuning methods however so I'm not saying my method Is the right way, it's just what I've picked up over the years to make them live a long time. I had plenty of failures like every one out there.
Can you post one of those dyno sheets in RPM instead of MPH going to 7600 rpm? Thats just some crazy rpms for stock bottom end, stock heads motors to keep making power too. We tune a lot of high end race motors that we turn 9500rpm plus but these are $100k big cu 13+:1 race motors not cam only ls stuff. THey also generally dont do anything under 6500rpm Normally the the heads cant flow enough or the valvetrain cant handle that high of rpm on factory ls.
__________________

Full Service LSX Shop
*MAIL ORDER TUNING LINK*
HP Tuners, EFI Live, SCT, Holley, BS3, FAST XFI
Holley Certified Installer & Tuner
MSD, Brian Tooley, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Holley, Edge, Superchips +100's more

Email, Remote, Mail Order, Dyno, Street & Track Tuning
*WEBPAGE* *FACEBOOK* *ONLINE STORE*
LSX Power Tuning is online now  
Old 09-11-2018, 12:54 AM
  #13  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,862
Default

Have spun my sbe to 7800 numerous times. I've since turned the rev limiter down to 7200 as it really seems to fall of there. I do love the way it sounds up high though.
MY_2K_Z is offline  
Old 09-26-2018, 04:32 PM
  #14  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (82)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rotterdam, New York
Posts: 936
Default

Very nice numbers! I may have missed it, but other than being a Bullseye with a .96 backside, but what other specs are the turbo?
Ratical is offline  
Old 09-29-2018, 11:56 PM
  #15  
TECH Resident
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
subeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 997
Default

80/ 96 1.25 ar
subeone is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: