Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

408 dynojet numbers !!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VINCE
Let's see here.. You would never race anywhere there was concrete. The last time we raced was almost 3 years ago and you wanted to run me with a bad clutch. You almost ran into me when I was trying to go by you. Hmmmmm.

Sam gave his honest opinion. Sam test drive cars all the time and after driving my car started making changes to his customers 03/04 Cobras to make sure they could keep up with me on motor. People take in mind Sam is a tuner that can pretty much modify anything. Almost every local Cobra/Supra/WRX/EVO/F-body/etc goes to Sam to go a little faster. After driving my car he asked several of the 03/04 Cobras that were already running 19-20lbs of boost on Apten or stock eaton blower to come back. Now all of these cars run a little nitrous as well. I toyed around with one of the cars one night. This was not an official ***** to the walls race for me, but for the 03 Cobra guy he was on full blast. Needless to say with cutout closed, passenger and shifting below 5800rpm thru the first 2 gears because of no traction. I put a car on the 03 Cobra on the first demo of the FMS 408ci and the second run I was a fender ahead b4 the Cobra missed 4th. I also gave the 03 Cobra the move on the first run and the second run I gave a car and the hit.

I could treat Mike K. like I do all of the local racers and make him go through the tier process and work his way up to me. I personally think he should run those Cobras b4 wanting to get blasted I mean, wanting to run me. I am sure Mike K.'s car is fast. Hell I rode in it and it brought a smile to my face that did not go away until I picked up my FMS SS.

Mike K. it is going to be a fun run

hahahaha lol, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed did they. Lets just run and get it over with. A run what ya brung race I'll give you everything the Z has I promise.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:29 AM
TECH Resident

this is good stuff
Old 08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
hahahaha lol, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed did they. Lets just run and get it over with. A run what ya brung race I'll give you everything the Z has I promise.
Sounds like a plan. By the way... Did I tell you I have a Futral Motorsports 408ci SuperStroker? I think you missed that in my sig.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

I get winner
Old 08-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Launching!

408 super stroker
Old 08-07-2004, 03:11 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn Vince, can you make it through the doorway with that swollen mug of yours?

Al, hurt his feelings so he'll calm down
Old 08-07-2004, 06:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I get winner
RIFLMFAO

Kurt Urban calls it "clubing baby seals"
Old 08-07-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KGSloan

this is good stuff
Amen. Somebody please take a video when this goes down.

Bruce
Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Shorty Director

Clubbing baby seals??? LOL!! Brian these seals have huge teeth, sharp claws and carry guns. There will be no clubbing.. Al knows we will never race, but if backed in a corner I will make sure I have something for him
Old 08-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Damian
Damn Vince, can you make it through the doorway with that huge muscular body of yours?

Al, give Vince some money so he'll calm down
You just need to take care of my son.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:58 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You just need to take care of my son.
Sleep with both eyes open bitch
Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Clubbing baby seals??? LOL!! Brian these seals have huge teeth, sharp claws and carry guns. There will be no clubbing.. Al knows we will never race, but if backed in a corner I will make sure I have something for him
AL I also had a hard time getting Vince to race me, I think the key in getting him to race is telling him that a forfeited race is worse than actually losing (especially if you make this known) but that if thats how he wants it then so be it.

Once I told Vince that this thread became very interesting

PS if somebody does not mind explaining to me what clubbing baby seals is I would appreciate it. I guess I'm still too young for all this oldtimer humor
Old 08-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Shorty Director

Mike... Knowing what you know now.. Tell the people what the result of our race would have been if we raced Pre-July 4th?
Old 08-08-2004, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Mike... Knowing what you know now.. Tell the people what the result of our race would have been if we raced Pre-July 4th?

ahhhh chill out man, we all know you will probably beat me having the FMS 408 especially since it will now be in a vette. I'm just picking at you before hand cause I know I'm gonna need every possible advantage, including a psychological one. That being said I would like to leave you with some final thoughts. Could APE possibly be increasing the power output of my 408 while its at there shop??? What will the dyno numbers be afterwards??? I wonder what parts are being swapped or added ??? Just how far am I willing to go to take down the mighty Vince??? Remember I said I am gonna give you everything the Z has, so be prepared.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Mike K.
ahhhh chill out man, we all know you will probably beat me having the FMS 408 especially since it will now be in a vette. I'm just picking at you before hand cause I know I'm gonna need every possible advantage, including a psychological one. That being said I would like to leave you with some final thoughts. Could APE possibly be increasing the power output of my 408 while its at there shop??? What will the dyno numbers be afterwards??? I wonder what parts are being swapped or added ??? Just how far am I willing to go to take down the mighty Vince??? Remember I said I am gonna give you everything the Z has, so be prepared.
I am chilling.. I just cant wait to get the engine in my C5. You already have the psychological advantage because you only work 40 hours a week and I work 60 plus hours and only get paid for 40 hrs I am sure your dyno's are going to be higher if you get the things we talked about. I also know you want to be done modding the car so I am sure APE is cooking up some kind of final recipe for you. I on the other hand have an entirely different platform and have no clue how my C5 will respond to the 408ci with 3.42's. So I am contemplating either a gear swap or looking into purchase a used M12 tranny. Nitrous is in my future so I cant gear up too much. I will play it by feel though. If the 3.42's are uncomfortable to drive around town I will go to 3.73's. Will I make any engine changes to my setup.. I doubt it, because that would force me to get gears. Now if we could get Jay to mod
Old 08-08-2004, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

I'm done modding till I hit the lottery or get a beater...cant afford down time at this stage in the game I'll stick with video'ing the races, and posting kickass videos... Mike did you decide on the final cam size yet?????
Old 08-08-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Automag928
I'm done modding till I hit the lottery or get a beater...cant afford down time at this stage in the game I'll stick with video'ing the races, and posting kickass videos... Mike did you decide on the final cam size yet?????
Cam size what do you mean? I already have the cam that I want in the car.
Vince just hurry up and get the damn 408 in the vette so we can all take the roadtrip together and you could always come back to work with me if you wanted and be back down to a 40 hr week then work your other job on top of that and the cash flow would be more than it is now.

Anyways this thread sure did get off track.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Shorty Director

Yes this thread did. Back to those are some pretty stout #'s.