Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

PRC 225 cam and PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate
These are the same heads that Terry talks about in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/208941-new-brand-heads.html
Yep, same heads.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You mentioned before that you are going to change out to the MS3. Will you have to flycut the pistons w/ these heads?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoneSS
You mentioned before that you are going to change out to the MS3. Will you have to flycut the pistons w/ these heads?
My pistons are already flycut. If they weren't I wouln't attempt to run a 2.05/1.60 valve combo with that cam and not flycut. It would be too close to chance. Especially when the RPMs get up there like it will on that combo.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much would a bare set of these heads cost?

Josh
Old 09-15-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Scott. That is something I really needed to know!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh
How much would a bare set of these heads cost?

Josh
The heads are $1249.00 bare.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gomer
Since the cats out of the bag on these great new heads, I'll follow up with my results from them along with PRC's new 225 cam. All my mods are in the sig except for the electric WP, these runs were with full accessory belt (exept the small AC belt, I don't have AC on the car anymore), thru a 22 inch bullet muffler dumped at the rear end. The first graph was with the 10 bolt and motive 4.10's in it, the second graph is with the new moser 12 bolt, 33 spline eaton HD posi and a stock steel driveshaft. I have a chromoly one ordered from AP engineering to replace the steel one with. The cam specs are 225/225 112 lsa 110 icl .589/.589. I was guessing I'd lose around 7 to 10rwhp with the 12 bolt swap. I want to thank Terry at Racetech Speed for giving me a great rate on some dyno time to gather data with. As soon as the chromoly DS gets here I'll have some track results.
I am just a little confused here. You posted you did not have ac on for the dyno runs so you did not use the ac belt. You also post you used a 22 inch bullet dumped at the rear end this was on 8-26 then on 8-31 you posted about going to the track with this awesome combo.

Took the car down to Steele tonight to try it out on the 12 bolt with 4.10's. I ran 4 times.. all of them within about a 10th of each other, best run is below
1.631 60ft
7.39 @ 95.12 in the 1/8th
11.51 @ 120.89 in the 1/4
I was pretty happy with that considering everybody was making fun of my granny shifting and I still have about 100lbs of weight I am going to take out of the car (A/C, rear section of catback, 15inch draglites on the rear, passenger seat, etc) It was pretty damn hot tonight, I'll find out the DA and post it up later. I really think I can run a 11.30 in the heat with the 225 cam and some slicker shifting after weight reduction.

EDIT: DA was 1900ft and raceweight was arond 3520lbs.
so let me get this straight,you dynoed it with no ac on 8-26 with a dumped bullet and then you re added AC and a full cat back exhaust to go to the track on 8-31? Don't sound all that believable to me :rofl:
Old 11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

The dumped bullet was with the cutout open.... I had a bullet into a cutout, with the cutout closed it went thru the B&B, with the cutout open it was a bullet dumped at the rear. I removed the rear section of the exhaust back before the second trip to the track... there are several people from the board that's seen the car run and it will be at the thunder shootout.

As far as the AC goes, I've had 16 cams in my car, so I leave the condensor out of the car and don't recharge the AC, during my "weight loss" I removed the non functional AC components that were in there just taking up space and adding weight.

Seriously, you have way too much ******* time on your hands to be digging **** up like this. Btw, it ran a 11.41 @ 123.8 two sundays ago in the heat at the Bhamracing streetcar shootout, there's video on Bhamracings site of a 11.41 @ 122.6 I ran on the first run that day bogging out of the hole.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

someone posted the link in head thread. your story is not consistant. (some people would call it lying) I was looking for clarification on what was true. air or no air cat back or bullet like you posted? no a bullet equals a dump.

You stated you did not have the ac on the car and could not use your belt cause the ac compressor wasn't there. then you state (less than a week later)that you did not run well because you need to loose some more weight by taking off your A/c??? I just was wondering what story is true?

with 450+ rwhp on tap I would think you would be quicker (mph wise) even though you have a stick. I run an auto and went 11.31@120.x about 2-3 years ago with a 216/220 cam, TEA heads, etc weighing 3475@ the time with 3.23 gears. My hp shown on the dyno was 370 so that is why I was wondering. BTW it was at the same track as you so I know it wasn't track differences.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, there are a lot of people on this board that will defend Gomer. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish. He said he will be at the Thunder Shootout, so if you don't believe him, I'm sure there will be A TON of people on here that have seen it after that. Besides, he has posted a graph and has a ton of witnesses. Get a life.

Gomer, when are you going to put a F13 back in the car so we can see what those heads do with a bigger cam?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by matts22
Dude, there are a lot of people on this board that will defend Gomer. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish. He said he will be at the Thunder Shootout, so if you don't believe him, I'm sure there will be A TON of people on here that have seen it after that. Besides, he has posted a graph and has a ton of witnesses. Get a life.

Gomer, when are you going to put a F13 back in the car so we can see what those heads do with a bigger cam?
I installed a F15 (ron jeremy cam) in the car last night. I'll be firing it up here shortly.. I need to be out there now instead of defending myself against some ******* with nothing better to do than start ****.

I know of 5 people from the board that have ridden in or driven the car with the 225 cam and PRC 5.3's. My 123mph was two sundays ago at a DA of 2200ft. Like I said, I'll be at the shootout, be sure to stop by and call me a liar to my face
Old 11-01-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Dude I don't care if someone wants to defend him that was not my point. I was wanting to know how the car was dynoed and how it was run since both stories were so inconsistant.

He stated he had no A/C compressor, and had a dumped bullet for exhaust. Then a few days later said his car would be faster but he has to loose a little weight. IE cat back and take off the A/C... I simply wanted to know how it really was. Does this mean I don't have a life? no. I have nothing to gain or to loose either way I was just curious. I only just saw the links since it was posted today in this thread by CamaroCain https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/233002-heads-get.html since I read both on the same day I was wondering why the inconsistant info.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings But I thought I posted it as well as I could for the info given. then he starts cussing etc.. (I may have also if I got caught with my pants down ) oh well it doesn't matter to me I have always found if you keep your eyes open you will never be accussed of following the blind.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

People are a little touchy around here man. You had an insuating tone. Seeking information is great but ask someone before you insult them.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can still have a catback but not use it (i.e. cutout) and have A/C but not use it (just the parts on the car but no belt and it's not charged). He explained that in his post if you will read it. He ran the car through the cutout (catback still in place) and without the a/c belt (a/c parts still in place). Then he removed them to save weight before going to the track. Is it that confusing? Correct me if I am wrong about something, I just don't understand what the big deal is.

Gomer: Get out there, get it done, and get us some results! I've been waiting to see what these heads can do with a futral cam. How do you think the PRC heads compare to hand finished TEA's, AFR's, and MTI 2E's (specifically with futral cams)? PM me if you would rather respond that way.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by matts22
You can still have a catback but not use it (i.e. cutout) and have A/C but not use it (just the parts on the car but no belt and it's not charged). He explained that in his post if you will read it. He ran the car through the cutout (catback still in place) and without the a/c belt (a/c parts still in place). Then he removed them to save weight before going to the track. Is it that confusing? Correct me if I am wrong about something, I just don't understand what the big deal is.
well I see what you are saying but I doubt that was the case. Below is a post he made in this thread when he was comparing how close to power output his prc heads were to his patriot heads.
No, the main belt was on for the 225 run.. the AC is only one small belt.. I can't run it since I don't have and AC compressor I went from a 59cc chamber to a 63cc chamber and a MUCH smaller cam.
no he stated here on 8-26 he could not run the ac belt because he did not have a compressor on the car. so if he did not have an ac compressor on 8-26 why did he have one to remove on 8-31?

as far as the exhaust when some tells me they have dumped bullet I think of a y-pipe going into a single pipe with a bulllet muffler in that has a turn down before the rear axle.I did not realize he suppossedly still had a catback on the car with a cutout in between the bullet and a cat back.... What I love about the track is you can't make it lie. You can't manipulate track times like you can dyno numbers. Now you can make excusses about your times based on weight if your times do not add up to your dyno numbers. And we all know a heavy car wont MPH as much as a light car. But a car with 450 rwhp 4:10 gears etc at 3500 lbs should run better than the 123.
Now he will be racing the same car at thunder and that will be good for PRC since then you will be able to compare it to other similar combos at the track on the same day.. However the combo is changed now if I am not mistaken?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H82BBad
What I love about the track is you can't make it lie. You can't manipulate track times like you can dyno numbers.
Bingo, I (as you know) sold a H/C setup because it didn't perform on the dyno. Dyno numbers are overrated, it just took me a while to understand that, but they sell parts, period. More people on here are concerned with dyno numbers than with ETs. Look at the 500 rwhp H/C posts, versus the 10 sec H/C posts, far more props and admiration in the high dyno threads than the killer et threads.

Shawn
Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

I am stll mad at you for beating me to those 6.0l heads for that price Spanky!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I am just assuming what he did, maybe he can tell you...but I would say that the compressor was already gone and he was talking about removing the rest of the a/c parts that are not functional due to the lack of a compressor. It looks like he will have the F15 (much bigger cam) so he should get some really good results at the Shootout. There are a lot of anxious people (like myself) who want to see those heads in action, especially with a little bit bigger cam (than the 225).
Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H82BBad
I am stll mad at you for beating me to those 6.0l heads for that price Spanky!
Tell me about it, I'm always a little too late, felt good to get to 'em first, lol.

Shawn
Old 11-01-2004, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

So I just want to clear this up... Are you saying that I am lying about the 450rwhp I made thru a 10 bolt and the 440rwhp I made thru the 12 bolt? Also, are you saying that I'm LYING about running 11.3x with ONLY three trips to the track on the combo? A total of 9 or so runs down the track?? If ANYONE has the least amount of doubt about what I've ever done with my car, it is fully documented on this site.. there are results from all but about 6 or 7 cams that were pre production specs and "test" cams. There are also results from different heads.

To clear up your confusion, my car has NOT had a functioning AC system on it for OVER a year, that means there was no belt on it... meaning the AC compressor was out of the circuit. Tony (2bseen) was at the track all three times I've been there, along with Cablebandit, Terry from Racetech, Mark Odom (MarksZ71), Adam (WSsick), Mike (M_donze), and hell I can't even remember who all else. They saw under the hood and Tony even helped me "straight wire" my freaking electric WP the first night at the track because I burned up the relay that was running it. He saw the AC compressor on there that night (but with no belt on it).. MY GOD!! I give up.

Quick Reply: PRC 225 cam and PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads