Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TSP 239 results...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
I dont think there's a better way to say it than that....

350 through a stalled A4 isn't bad, dont be pissed. Would be 380-385ish in an M6, not the greatest # out there but not everyone is going to make the "internet #"

i have grown to understand that, and i will be posting the track results on march 5th if the weathe permits

im not a dyno guy, and thats why i didnt understand the numbers.. dyno'ing with the ET steets, loose stall, unlocked probably cost me ALOT of hp and TQ on the dyno, i think i may just fix all of that just so everyone can see the difference, but i really dont care anymore as long s it does well at the track
Old 02-14-2005, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
i have grown to understand that, and i will be posting the track results on march 5th if the weathe permits

im not a dyno guy, and thats why i didnt understand the numbers.. dyno'ing with the ET steets, loose stall, unlocked probably cost me ALOT of hp and TQ on the dyno, i think i may just fix all of that just so everyone can see the difference, but i really dont care anymore as long s it does well at the track
I put down the numbers in my sig with the TSP 233/239 on stock heads. Only mods are the cam/valvetrain, lid, Jet Hot LTs and a 3" cutout. No tune, no pulley, no ported TB and no LS6 intake. These mods will easily give me another 30+ rwhp.

I think the problem with the dyno results of the 233/239 is the fact that nobody has really dynoed with a FULL (read) bolt-on LS1. When they do, the M6 numbers will be consistently in the 400-415 rwhp range.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:14 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97bowtie
I put down the numbers in my sig with the TSP 233/239 on stock heads. Only mods are the cam/valvetrain, lid, Jet Hot LTs and a 3" cutout. No tune, no pulley, no ported TB and no LS6 intake. These mods will easily give me another 30+ rwhp.

I think the problem with the dyno results of the 233/239 is the fact that nobody has really dynoed with a FULL (read) bolt-on LS1. When they do, the M6 numbers will be consistently in the 400-415 rwhp range.
the HP isnt the problem, i readily believe well see 400rwhp+ w/ m6 and full bolt ons, just its got lack of tq.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp
the HP isnt the problem, i readily believe well see 400rwhp+ w/ m6 and full bolt ons, just its got lack of tq.
Given that most of the 233/239 cars haven't had full bolt-ons, it's not fair to compare tq numbers either. I agree, the torque will be somewhat lower than some other cams, but I still think 375-380 rwtq will be the norm for this cam. Yes, short of the 400+ rwtq TSP saw...but very simply, if the cam doesn't perform like I want it to, I'll replace it.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

only thing i dont have is a pully.. which may free up 5 or so hP.. I talked to TSP today, and i belive my car has ALOT in it, that didnt show on the dyno...yes, it isnt gonna make the torque i expected, but it will prove to be a lot better than the dyno showed.. The dyno i used adds 7000 lbs of resistance to the rear tires which my sloppy stall just didnt work well with.....
Old 02-14-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97bowtie

the base line untuned numbers for the M6 i put this cam in were identical to yours.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
I think that JRP's got it right. The numbers in my sig are with a Torquer with all bolt on's, minus an underdrive pulley and TB. Since that run, I've added a ported TB. Also, my WOT tuning isn't quite nailed down yet, so I still expect to pick up some numbers there, too. Power with this cam is good all around. However, the 400+ TQ #'s that we've seen from TSP (which got me all goggly eyed) have yet to be reproduced by a 3rd party. Period.

Now, let's pretend that those dyno's from TSP don't exist. Having nothing to compare my numbers to except similar cams and similar setups, I'd say that my numbers are pretty damned good. I think the Torquer and the 233/239 are good cams, but they are not going to turn your car into a TQ monster. It's becomming more and more apparent that we cannot compare our TQ number's to TSP's, as they are unrealistic for most cars.

So, take TSP's numbers with a grain of salt, and instead of comparing your #'s to theirs, look at where they should be according to what other people are getting with similar setups. Don't fall into the 400+ TQ trap.

And of course, remember that a dyno is just a tool. The ET will paint a more complete picture.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silverhawk_02TA
I think that JRP's got it right. The numbers in my sig are with a Torquer with all bolt on's, minus an underdrive pulley and TB. Since that run, I've added a ported TB. Also, my WOT tuning isn't quite nailed down yet, so I still expect to pick up some numbers there, too. Power with this cam is good all around. However, the 400+ TQ #'s that we've seen from TSP (which got me all goggly eyed) have yet to be reproduced by a 3rd party. Period.

Now, let's pretend that those dyno's from TSP don't exist. Having nothing to compare my numbers to except similar cams and similar setups, I'd say that my numbers are pretty damned good. I think the Torquer and the 233/239 are good cams, but they are not going to turn your car into a TQ monster. It's becomming more and more apparent that we cannot compare our TQ number's to TSP's, as they are unrealistic for most cars.

So, take TSP's numbers with a grain of salt, and instead of comparing your #'s to theirs, look at where they should be according to what other people are getting with similar setups. Don't fall into the 400+ TQ trap.

And of course, remember that a dyno is just a tool. The ET will paint a more complete picture.
Very well said..
Old 02-15-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it is very well said, however now with the cam on MY shelf it makes me wonder should I have gone F13 instead? Those cams seem to make all the power that's advertised and then some....I'm very anxious to see Chris's number from the track. Perhaps I'll rest easier then.?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Yeap...but it would make better numbers with all the bolt ons...I can imagine soon we'll start seeing people buying cams before lids...

when yer wife says u can spend a few grand on yer car.
get a cam.

it will be easy to ask 4 a few hundred here and there to get an intake and TB.

just my theory.
i will be happy with 370/350 for now.

the 400's will hapen eventually.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975

when yer wife says u can spend a few grand on yer car.
get a cam.

it will be easy to ask 4 a few hundred here and there to get an intake and TB.

just my theory.
i will be happy with 370/350 for now.

the 400's will hapen eventually.

now THAt my friend is a damn good theory
Old 02-15-2005, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

My car goes on the dyno on thursday...I now have an LS6 manifold which completes all the bolt ons for my car and i'll be the first to say i'll be damn happy with 380+ through a stalled automatic car with as many miles as mine does

Previously i made 370rwhp with the LS1 manifold through a 3500 stall and 3.73 gears....and 100k miles

if i get a graph i'll post it up
Old 02-15-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverhawk_02TA
It's becomming more and more apparent that we cannot compare our TQ number's to TSP's, as they are unrealistic for most cars.
You can replace TSP with any shop pretty much and the sentence still holds true.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Veteran

First off I will add that locking a converter on the dyno is pointless unless you plan to lock it up at the track too. Dyno it how you plan to run it at the track....except the tires And as stated dyno numbers dont mean anything. The guy with the M6 car that has the same mods as you and dynos higher may not beat you down the track.
Secondly, I would get that tranny looked at just to be safe. It would be pointless to take it to the track with a messed up trans. You will just be back on here again complaining about how your track times sucked and you dont know why. Make sure everything it A-O-K before hitting the track with it.

Good Luck and enjoy
Old 02-15-2005, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
now THAt my friend is a damn good theory

ya, just dont let her read it.

one week from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 02-18-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Were you ever able to get another vid of the car after it was tuned. Interested in hearing it.

I have this cam sitting in the garage and ready to be put in here in a couple weeks. Saving up to get it tuned, as well as getting the LS6 intake.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fad2blk_98
Were you ever able to get another vid of the car after it was tuned. Interested in hearing it.

I have this cam sitting in the garage and ready to be put in here in a couple weeks. Saving up to get it tuned, as well as getting the LS6 intake.
actually, i just got back from the shop..i left my camera there..here is a video on the dyno...pay attention to the shifts.. i think im gonna post this is the dyno section as well to see what people think was goin on with it...btw. wasnt me driveing the car..they dont allow it

heres the vid..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...90#post2479990

Last edited by chrismcdaniel; 02-18-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

i clicked it and it says the link is unavailable. oh yea by the way i got the 233/239 sitting in my room waiting for the install. mods are in my sig. might be installingan UD Pulley at the same time as the cam. by the way your car looks sick
Old 02-18-2005, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

thanks...the file exeeded its BW, i am reloading it now.. we will see how long it lasts this time.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

fixed for now...