Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

FAST90mm + QTP HVM LT's = *The Real Deal*

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:15 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
i wonder what you would have dyno'd with a 10 bolt in there just for comparison. do you know the RWHP between the the 10 bot and the 9"?
About 10rwhp.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice #'s. Ours are pretty similar. I think the LSX is the way to go with heads/cam.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn nice under the curve gains. you stated that your moving on from drag racing and i've noticed a few posts about open track racing. is that your new fortay? thats what i set my car up for HPDE's, i cant wait to get out there
Old 03-19-2005, 02:31 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I gotta get my A4 on the dyno,Maybe I'm making 430RW threw the big verter and 12-bolt?I have alittle smaller cam but I believe my S1 LS6 heads flow as well or alittle better than your S1.5's and I run hooker lts with a good merged y and and a cutout so that should be close too

I figure I'm probably 25 to 30 light compared to your 6sp.
South u have one amzing setup....

Last edited by JS; 03-19-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:45 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSUxBlake
Nice #'s. Ours are pretty similar. I think the LSX is the way to go with heads/cam.
Hehe, being you have a Futral grind, it's no surprise your setup puts down more tq.

Originally Posted by jrp
damn nice under the curve gains. you stated that your moving on from drag racing and i've noticed a few posts about open track racing. is that your new fortay? thats what i set my car up for HPDE's, i cant wait to get out there
Well, that meant that I yanked off the BMR Extreme rear sway bar (that's the only suspension mod I had for a long time, even while going to the drag strip), and have retrofitted a thinner, poly endlink sway bar. The rest of the rear suspension has now been fully upgraded, along with the brakes. The 4.11 rear is not roadrace friendly, but it'll have to do for now (I can opt for some 3.42's later on). I wouldn't call it my new "fortay" just yet, but tracking the car on the roadcourse is on the agenda soon (www.chinmotorsports.com). I'll be attending Skip Barber Race school next week to learn the basics of roadracing.

Originally Posted by JS
I guess I gotta get my A4 on the dyno,Maybe I'm making 430RW threw the big verter and 12-bolt?I have alittle smaller cam but I believe my S1 LS6 heads flow as well or alittle better than yout S1.5's and I run hooker lts with a good merged y and and a cutout.

I figure I'm probably 25light compared to your 6sp.
South u have one amzing setup....
Your ls6 heads have the potential to give you an even meatier tq curve, for sure.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

I just changed my set up...added QTP's hvm 1-7/8's(was thinking toward the future when I got them) Fast 90, TPIS 90 TB, 85mm induction, and threw on some AFR 205's to replace my TEA 5.3's(bent valves,DHL lost them). I hope I get somewhat close to what you got I have an appointment with the tuner Monday.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, assuming the 90mm stuff gave you 15 rwhp, the headers gave you ~18 rwhp. That really shows, in my opinion, how crappy the SLP LTs are. No way in hell should there be that much of a difference between long tube headers of the same diameter (1 3/4"). Second observation, and most surprising and eye raising, is the 2OTL only cost you 1 rwhp. WOW! How does it sound with the ORP and 2OTL, is it loud at all? Raspy? Deep? Stout numbers and good gains, Shawn
Old 03-19-2005, 09:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Damn, assuming the 90mm stuff gave you 15 rwhp, the headers gave you ~18 rwhp. That really shows, in my opinion, how crappy the SLP LTs are. No way in hell should there be that much of a difference between long tube headers of the same diameter (1 3/4"). Second observation, and most surprising and eye raising, is the 2OTL only cost you 1 rwhp. WOW! How does it sound with the ORP and 2OTL, is it loud at all? Raspy? Deep? Stout numbers and good gains, Shawn
I saw a recent post showing 15rwhp gain from SLP LT's to regular (non HVM) QTP LT's. It's somewhere in the dyno forum from these recent weeks.
As for the ORY and 2OTL, I'm very pleased with the way it sounds. I don't miss my old True Dual X setup very much. The 2OTL is very deep, quiet at idle yet very intimidating at revs. It is loud enough, but not nearly as loud as my old TD's, nor as loud as several other catbacks. No on throttle rasp, just exhibits the typical ls1 let-off throttle rasp which really can't be avoided. I love the new exhaust setup, as the dual cutouts allow for tons of fun when needed. I've done a few highway romps versus some Porsches recently with the cutouts open that have left the Porsche drivers pale in the face with shock.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Hell yeah man! You make me want to dyno mine now. I wonder how much of that was the headers and how much was LSX. I'll find out shortly as my setup should yeild some nasty numbers through a 10 bolt!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Nice job Carlos, very nice! Looked pretty strong when you pulled out of Fudd's the other night. I knew it would be well over 450HP but the Tq it what impresses me! Looks like I will have to do the 90/90 setup since all the cool kids like you are doing it!

Just got back from Sebring 12 hr. and you will certainly have a blast at your track school there. I will be at Homestead track in April and back at Sebring in May. I wil;l give you a ride if you come out. Track days are the absolute best rush, at least until i go full wheel 2 wheel racing!

enjoy man,

Derek
Old 03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Carlos, GREAT NUMBERS on your car! definately is getting there, and i remember when you were bolt on ONLY

Glad i could help with the little things you have done. Wish you would still put that 150 kit on the car and really see the numbers that car can put out
Old 03-20-2005, 09:25 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by apexman
Nice job Carlos, very nice! Looked pretty strong when you pulled out of Fudd's the other night. I knew it would be well over 450HP but the Tq it what impresses me! Looks like I will have to do the 90/90 setup since all the cool kids like you are doing it!

Just got back from Sebring 12 hr. and you will certainly have a blast at your track school there. I will be at Homestead track in April and bac
k at Sebring in May. I wil;l give you a ride if you come out. Track days are the absolute best rush, at least until i go full wheel 2 wheel racing!

enjoy man,

Derek
Cool kids? Nah, just your typical moron here.
But yes, the 90/90 seems to be a proven combo.
I'm sure we'll be doing some chinmotorsports events together soon.

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Carlos, GREAT NUMBERS on your car! definately is getting there, and i remember when you were bolt on ONLY

Glad i could help with the little things you have done. Wish you would still put that 150 kit on the car and really see the numbers that car can put out
Yeah, it took forever to get the car back on the street (due to rear end repairs), so the 90/90 results took a long time to come around. Thanks for hooking me up with the GP last year at HPE. BTW, I'm using the TPIS 90mm TB, as the FAST 90 TB is awful (it's going back to FAST for the TB blade unstick fix).
As for the juice, I actually owned a wet kit for all of 24 hours before I sold it to KING02SS from the street racing forum. My wife broke out into tears when she saw the box (not tears of joy, hehe). So, it was gone soon after. Oh well.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, great numbers. Thanks, now I have to save for the 90/90 combo, lol.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
85mm lid, 85mm maf
nice numbers!!

is that the slp 85mm maf or pace?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WICKED SS
nice numbers!!

is that the slp 85mm maf or pace?
Pace "ls1 calibrated" Z06 MAF.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Launching!

looks like I will be saving up some money for changes to my set up. Nice numbers
Old 03-21-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

great numbers carlos. glad to see you surpassed the 450rwhp mark. congrats!!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pace "ls1 calibrated" Z06 MAF.
insane numbers for an all motor vehicle..get ready, you are the definetely the only ls1 worth racing here in miami. let the games begin!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:14 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
insane numbers for an all motor vehicle..get ready, you are the definetely the only ls1 worth racing here in miami. let the games begin!!!!
There's plenty of guys spraying (including a handful of Z06's). There's a few procharger guys running around (one works in my building). There's a few big cam/ stock heads guys. There's APEXMAN's Heads/Cam FRC Vette. Sparks will be spraying a good sized shot on a big cam (that car will make mince meat out of mine).
I wouldn't make such a bold statement as mine is the only.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

There's plenty of guys spraying (including a handful of Z06's). There's a few procharger guys running around (one works in my building). There's a few big cam/ stock heads guys. There's APEXMAN's Heads/Cam FRC Vette. Sparks will be spraying a good sized shot on a big cam (that car will make mince meat out of mine).
I wouldn't make such a bold statement as mine is the only.
so when are all of us getting together to run a few times??