Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Look at this Dyno, power drops at 5,200RPM - WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Results are in (New dyno)

OK, here are the results. WHY IS THE PERFORMANCE SO LOW?

Ran through a full tank of Lucas fuel & injector cleaner.
I added a K&N and cleaned the MAF with electronics cleaner
Extreme Motorsports installed the SLP LS6 intake with EGR.
EM readjusted all the Crane rocker arms

The high run (RED) is with open headers.
The lower run (BLUE) is with the true dual exhaust connected

Runs are when it was about 92 degrees outside.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was this tuned, forgot if that was mentioned or not?

take it to the track and find real world numbers, some cars may dyno low but perform awesome
Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

from the looks of the A/F i would guess its tuned lol
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

what true dual exhaust system do you have? looks like there's a restriction in it. what size pipes? there's a post of a guy that went and put a 3" bullet muffler on his car only to find out the inside was choked down to 3/4" !!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrr23
what true dual exhaust system do you have? looks like there's a restriction in it. what size pipes? there's a post of a guy that went and put a 3" bullet muffler on his car only to find out the inside was choked down to 3/4" !!!!

yeah i wouldnt think duals would loose much power over open headers, thats odd
Old 05-19-2005, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy snikeys!!!!
yeh my 1st question is what TD's are those!!!! they SUCK!!!

dude i know it would **** you off if it turns out to be true(noone likes waisting money) but i truely believe, you return your rockers and springs to stock and you will make more power... (leave the TI retainers those aint hurten ya )
Old 05-19-2005, 03:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm only losing 4.8% power to a very quite dual muffler exahust system with cats. That nothing...... and is a very acceptable number on any performance car.

The issue resides somwhere else. It has to be all this Crane ****. I have sent the Dyno sheet to Joe Vinci for his explanation. I will most likely remove all that stuff down very soon and use OEM components with LS6 springs or something.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
I'm only losing 4.8% power to a very quite dual muffler exahust system with cats. That nothing...... and is a very acceptable number on any performance car.

The issue resides somwhere else. It has to be all this Crane ****. I have sent the Dyno sheet to Joe Vinci for his explanation. I will most likely remove all that stuff down very soon and use OEM components with LS6 springs or something.
AH! the cats explain that... (dont see too many TD cars with cat round here)
thats not a bad loss for what you are describing(not your whole number just the differance in open headers and full exhast)

keep the TI retainers .... and keep us posted...
Old 05-19-2005, 05:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
AH! the cats explain that... (dont see too many TD cars with cat round here)
thats not a bad loss for what you are describing(not your whole number just the differance in open headers and full exhast)

keep the TI retainers .... and keep us posted...
The exhaust system pics:
WS6 True Duals (Pics) - Ceramic, XPipe, After Axle Muffs

Old 05-19-2005, 05:28 AM
11 Second Club

thats a good looking set up...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

ok i didnt know you were running cats either, great setup where did u get that? or was it a custom build
Old 05-19-2005, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski

Mark , I have never received a graph of what the car had before the Crane install for comparison. Can you please post this graph or email it to me. Joe.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
holy snikeys!!!!
yeh my 1st question is what TD's are those!!!! they SUCK!!!

dude i know it would **** you off if it turns out to be true(noone likes waisting money) but i truely believe, you return your rockers and springs to stock and you will make more power... (leave the TI retainers those aint hurten ya )

don't see how that's going to solve his problem. he started off lower than my wife's car. and she has cats as well. even back then she had the borla exhaust. he has other issues. here's the other post he has going on the same subject. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...548post2936548
Old 05-19-2005, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

tell you what. return you stuff to stock. remove all the crane components. springs, rockers, pushrods, etc... if it fixes your problem, i'll buy your stuff and put it on my 00 formula. i need to update my car anyway. it all works on the wife's car on a stock cam. i know it'll work in my car as well.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

mark - do you have a dyno of before you installed all these parts?
Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joe Vinci
Mark , I have never received a graph of what the car had before the Crane install for comparison. Can you please post this graph or email it to me. Joe.
Yes/No.
I had ProDyno in Tempe do a Dyno back in 2003. They gave me the numbers but could not find the sheet. Since then they have lost in Tempe West Justice Court over some very bad work they did on my suspension so....I will not be able to get that sheet I am sure. It is possible that it was never done. I was told it did 292HP completely stock. Only thing I added at that time was a Hasting 2 stage air filter.

Sorry Joe about the neg comments. I just spent short of $4k to fix one bad rocker arm that lost it bearings and was hoping that I would pick up some ponies in the meantime. That includes a new Z06 clutch assembly and upgraded hydraulics.

I can say this for certain. Now there is much less low end power. I find myself holding my foot to the floor for longer, waitting for the revs to go higher, all to produce the same results as before the changes. It clearly does not perform as well as before these additions.

Really, I don't even care to drive the car at this point. It's in a front stall in my garage.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
ok i didnt know you were running cats either, great setup where did u get that? or was it a custom build
I had McCabe racing in Chino Valley AZ do it to my specs. It's modeled after my other car to a certain extent. BMW 850Csi V12.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mark,

I think if I were in your shoes I would yank the cats and then try the car again. Your performance descriptions almost sound like blocked converters.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:12 AM
On The Tree

If the rockers were installed and preloaded correctly...IT'S NOT THE ROCKERS...You've got some other issues going on there, whether it be poor exhaust flow or incorrect A/F ratio, low compression...It could be any of a dozen different issues...But those Crame Rockers are an excellent design and have excellent quality...I went from the stock rockers to the 1.7's and I noticed an improvement even with the G5X3 cam I am running...

By the way...If you put down 292 rwhp stock and now you have 318 rwhp...That is a pretty good gain for just added LT headers and the rockers...You cannot expect to gain 50 rwhp with those mods...Too many people on here talking crap about there gains...On a Mustang dyno, I went from 348 rwhp to 366 rwhp by adding LT headers with Hi-Flow Cats...18 rwhp improvement...

I'd say your numbers are probably not that far off...Remember this is the internet and alot of trash talking is done...Like the guy with a basically stock LS1 with LT headers being his only "real" mod...Says he just dyno'd about 390 rwhp...Good Luck...

Peace...Gman
Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

maybe u have a bad spring, could be weak or something, if everything seems good maybe u have to look at faulty equipment

Quick Reply: Look at this Dyno, power drops at 5,200RPM - WHY?