Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great AD, oops I mean post. So I guess I'll be the first to post the BS flag.

You also posted this in the Eastern section and wanted to know if anyone cared to guess your new times with the 443 HP you're making now. Plenty of guys said you should run 10s. But you already knew the truth. So let me be the first to make an educated guess.

Drum roll please............................11.7s. I figure since that's what you ran in March when the air was better and you were making 432 HP with the cats on. And you ran 11.2s at 127 on the hit, 100 wet shot.

Funny how you've been to the track since the cam and heads but didn't make a post in the Drag section. You slipped up and said what you ran in some other posts. But here you are posting in the Dyno section. Like I said, great AD. lol

PS: Don't post back telling me about your limitations, cause it won't fly. My UNTUNED 3650 lb A4 Z with a 3200 stall, 245 Nitto DRs, 3.42s, TR 224, TEA 1.5s, ASP, Pacesetters and ORY, Borla, LS6 intake and stock unported TB, with the 1998 KR problem running 15*of timing ran 11.84 at 114.8 in June. So you've got 150 lbs, 3.73s and at least 20 degrees of air temps on me. Not to mention all that power. lol

Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real.

I'll be waiting for my new sig. lol
Old 05-25-2005, 03:50 AM
TECH Addict

441rwhp 401rwtq N/A tuned for spray
660rwhp 650rwtq 150 shot

This is threw a A4, 12-bolt 3.73 and vig 3800 stall. Car in sig is putting down these numbers. Could have gotten more N/A with a more agressive tune. I`m very safe for the spray. It can happen!!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Banned

Yup guess you're right.

Oh wait, you have several mods he doesn't.

Guess he'll be making an EZ 460 + HP with a 90/90 setup, an 85 mm MAF and a cutout. You both have a nitrous tune so that's a non-issue.

Just for argument sake, throw in a true dual and that puppy's making 470 HP. no A/C belt and EW and we're at right around 480 HP but let's just say 475. Swap out that 12 bolt for a 10bolt w/ 3.42s, steel driveshaft for aluminum, A4 for an M6 and you can crown the new KING of stock short block with H/C. I'd estimate somewhere around 510 HP. Ya think?

So let me ask you this, seeing as his car was making 432 HP when he ran 11.7s on motor a couple of months back, would it be safe to say that (seeing as you both have the same "limitations" that he speaks of in his post) your car runs 11.6s? Guess my 3600+ lb, untuned, baby cammed, small headed, drag radialed, tranny slipping junk isn't as slow as everyone thinks. lol

Have a nice day.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Great AD, oops I mean post. So I guess I'll be the first to post the BS flag.

You also posted this in the Eastern section and wanted to know if anyone cared to guess your new times with the 443 HP you're making now. Plenty of guys said you should run 10s. But you already knew the truth. So let me be the first to make an educated guess.

Drum roll please............................11.7s. I figure since that's what you ran in March when the air was better and you were making 432 HP with the cats on. And you ran 11.2s at 127 on the hit, 100 wet shot.

Funny how you've been to the track since the cam and heads but didn't make a post in the Drag section. You slipped up and said what you ran in some other posts. But here you are posting in the Dyno section. Like I said, great AD. lol

PS: Don't post back telling me about your limitations, cause it won't fly. My UNTUNED 3650 lb A4 Z with a 3200 stall, 245 Nitto DRs, 3.42s, TR 224, TEA 1.5s, ASP, Pacesetters and ORY, Borla, LS6 intake and stock unported TB, with the 1998 KR problem running 15*of timing ran 11.84 at 114.8 in June. So you've got 150 lbs, 3.73s and at least 20 degrees of air temps on me. Not to mention all that power. lol

Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real.

I'll be waiting for my new sig. lol

Listen up Silver Surfer I appreciate your paying so much attention to me.
I am flattered.

Besides that, Everthing you said is just about spot on and obviously you have been paying attention. But you can put away the BS flag.

I never ran the spray with this set up. I ran that 11.2 last year at a track rental. That was never posted, so you are obviouly intimate with people at Cartek and have an issue with them.

Everything I have said is 100% true. The dyno graph is posted on the Eastern thread if you would like to view it. I already know why the car is not running the number. I won't bore you with why, because you already said to save it.

However the car is now running without the cats (which Cartek told me to do from the beginning) They said my cam does not like them. I picked up significant power in the middle since this change. I am hoping this will bring around my 60' which is my problem. My converter is just too tight. You must already know that I have a Multi-Disc so you know they are less forgiving. You seem to know my ET but have no idea of my 60'?
Again, as I am sure you know my car dead hooks at the track and boggs off the line with Drag Radials at 25psi. (read no flash)

The car should run like a bat out of hell on the N2O, because like I stated before, that is what it is set up for.

As for your 510hp, don't go off on such a tangent. I think with an EW, 90/90 and a few other things I might be able to match or possibly pass Cartek's other N2O tuned camaro but with 243 castings. He made 460.2 at the wheels with my drive train and alum. drive shaft.
He has run 10's already. Again with an N2O tune and he is at 3625 lbs.

If you don't like your numbers bring it to Cartek they will fix it right up.
My car is not a Cartek one off. They have plenty to back this up.

My car will run the number don't worry.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
10 second playa

Yup guess you're right.

Oh wait, you have several mods he doesn't.

Guess he'll be making an EZ 460 + HP with a 90/90 setup, an 85 mm MAF and a cutout. You both have a nitrous tune so that's a non-issue.

Just for argument sake, throw in a true dual and that puppy's making 470 HP. no A/C belt and EW and we're at right around 480 HP but let's just say 475. Swap out that 12 bolt for a 10bolt w/ 3.42s, steel driveshaft for aluminum, A4 for an M6 and you can crown the new KING of stock short block with H/C. I'd estimate somewhere around 510 HP. Ya think?

So let me ask you this, seeing as his car was making 432 HP when he ran 11.7s on motor a couple of months back, would it be safe to say that (seeing as you both have the same "limitations" that he speaks of in his post) your car runs 11.6s? Guess my 3600+ lb, untuned, baby cammed, small headed, drag radialed, tranny slipping junk isn't as slow as everyone thinks. lol

Have a nice day.
BeardWS6 is correct. I don't know how old his combination is, but it is right there with mine. He only has two things I don't from what I saw in his sig. (the LSX & TB) Plus we are talking two different cars on two different day's on two different dyno's. So basically we are right there?
(I am not so sure how much a driveshaft gives you, if anything)

Also, silversurfer, If your car is untuned as you like to say, maybe if you had it tuned you would pick up some more HP? But you didn't state how much your car is making?

If you think your car is junk then that is too bad. You should take some pride in owning an 11 sec. street car. I would & do.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:42 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by beardWS6
441rwhp 401rwtq N/A tuned for spray
660rwhp 650rwtq 150 shot

This is threw a A4, 12-bolt 3.73 and vig 3800 stall. Car in sig is putting down these numbers. Could have gotten more N/A with a more agressive tune. I`m very safe for the spray. It can happen!!
beardWS6, what does your car run both on and off the bottle?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 01:07 PM
10 second playa

Fellow members...Grumble, Grumble (in an Abe Lincoln voice)

Does this sound familiar...."Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real."

My advise is don't listen to disgruntled members who call themselves annoying and slow by their own admission and then call their own cars junk.

Obviously someone has some issues. Misery loves company.

If anyone doubts what I am saying for any reason I would be more than happy to back up my claims. Mis-information is worse than no information.

I posted this to share my acheivements, not to brag, not to boast, and not to run an ad. I have spent way too much money at Cartek to run adds for free.

My intent was to share and show what is capable with 241 heads.
Everyone is running out to buy 243's or some aftermarket head to make power. I couldn't afford it and I am sure many other members are in the same boat. I asked Cartek to build me a heads and cam engine with 241 castings to save money but give me the latest R&D and see what happens.

As you can tell I was more than happy with the results, so I figured I would share it with the LS1 community.

I didn't post my 1/4 times because they were nothing worth mentioning and I ran into a couple of problems. (it was the first time to the track with that H&C set up)
Like I said above, I will iron out the problems (which are not making power)and I will post the results when I get, what I feel, is a good ET worth mentioning. I have been on the phone with Vig. and I have to do some testing to see what my problem is. (Vig is a great compny to work with)(so is Cartek they have been very helpful with trying to figure out what is going on)
I know what the problem is in general, it is one of three things, now I have to test to figure out what it is exactly.

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum Anonymous, this is where the keyboards run and the cars don't. Don't try to argue with them, performance levels are measured here with WC @ WPH, LOL and they have allot of WC @ WPH of typing skill to back up their claims.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

So far N/A I get 7.51`s in 1/8th with 1.60 60ft and I got 6.9 falling on my face! I ran out of fuel spraying the first time. I just put her back in and got 42lb injects and fixed the problem. I feel 6.6-6.7`s all day long. It was my first time on QA-1`s and 28inch ET Drags, I`m learning where to set them and the tire psi. Best 60ft I got so far is 1.56. Will get better, this was first and last shes been to the track! I ran a buddy who got 6.77 and I had him the whole way until the car died of fuel!! Car is full weight with me 3950lbs. I weight 220, can`t stop lifting weights!! Full A/C and everything. I do have a wolfe cage also! I drive her all the time on the street!!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
10 second playa

Originally Posted by beardWS6
So far N/A I get 7.51`s in 1/8th with 1.60 60ft and I got 6.9 falling on my face! I ran out of fuel spraying the first time. I just put her back in and got 42lb injects and fixed the problem. I feel 6.6-6.7`s all day long. It was my first time on QA-1`s and 28inch ET Drags, I`m learning where to set them and the tire psi. Best 60ft I got so far is 1.56. Will get better, this was first and last shes been to the track! I ran a buddy who got 6.77 and I had him the whole way until the car died of fuel!! Car is full weight with me 3950lbs. I weight 220, can`t stop lifting weights!! Full A/C and everything. I do have a wolfe cage also! I drive her all the time on the street!!
Wow. That is a heavy race weight. I guess you race 1/8th mile only?
I am not sure what that converts to in 1/4 mile times but I do know 6's in the 1/8th is very quick! Setting up a car and getting it dialed-in is a project in itself even after you are making the power (which SilverSurfer can't comprehend)
After some trial and error you will get it right and be flying.
I am in the same boat, but a little ways behind you. I am not racing frequently enough to dial the car in. I have seen people pick up as much as a full second just from their setup/technique etc. It just takes time (and maybe some money) Don't stop lifting just buy a K-member. I have full A/C and stuff too. It is not worth removing IMO on a street car. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Banned

Julio - guess you said it best "the forum.....where the keyboards run and the cars don't". His don't.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Banned

Anonymous - SO this isn't an AD? lol Well maybe not the way you worded this post but the one in the Eastern Section sure is. lol "Cartek tuning strikes again!" "For those locally that are interested." Puhleeze.

I also love the line "If you don't like your numbers bring it to Cartek they'll fix it right up". Once again not an AD right mr Anonyomous? lol I'm sure they'll just slap it on the dyno and without touching anything I'll pick up 20 HP. lol

Ya wanna know what my car puts down? Same combo as posted earlier which ran the 11.84 but swapping the TR 224 for and MTI R1, 372 untuned and unlocked HP. Now here's the good part, 320 LB of torque. How's that for a limitation? Not caused by the cam or the fact that it's untuned. A fellow member also ran a Pro-Torque converter in his R1 cammed and TUNED A4 Z. He made 390 HP and 330 LB of torque. Two different days and 2 different dynos, same crappy TQ.

Guess when I get my tranny rebuilt and swap out converters I won't be getting many bites if I try and sell the P-T. lol

So please don't keep harping about your limitations. 15* of timing, no tune, no torque, no power, 150 lbs heavier than you and on a June day my SLOW JUNK is a tenth behind your former 432 HP power house in March. Ya really think your new found 11 HP and 15 TQ is gonna make all that much difference? Can you comprehend that? lol
Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

328 rwhp on 28" et drags
340 rwhp on radials (275/50/15 nittos)
477 rwhp on a 120ish NX wet shot (on radials again)

stock heads.

11.7 @ 114 n/a
10.9 @ 119 (ran out of gear) on the bottle.

heavy car
Old 05-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

Ya ran out of gear on spray Gator cause not only are you the Sunshine Director but also a Sunshine Racer. lol Ya still got that hood with the big hole in it?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:46 PM
10 second playa

SilverSurfer,

Apparently you did not read what I wrote? But you did see what Julio wrote.

You may want to re-read the entire thread? Or you may have some reading and comprehension limitations?

It is no mystery that I was giving Cartek props for a job well done. That is what I wrote? I gave the whole shop credit. No secret there? Is that against forum rules? Of course this does not explain your hostility or constant accusations of an "Ad"?

I am merely giving credit where credit is due.

You love to harp about limitations? I never said anything about limitations? I said I made X amount of power with only X done to my car?

You love to say what my car ran at the track, but you totally discount the fact that I already admitted I was having issues with a few things. You didn't want to know what they were so I didn't post them.
Did you know or hear my car hitting the rev limiter? Did you know my car has a stock trans with a leak and was down a few quarts? Did you know I was using a multi-disc converter? That wasn't flashing? Did you know my 60's?
Do you know anything other than what you saw?
The answer to all of the above is NO!

So I would stop with the speculation it makes you appear ignorant.

I am sure if anyone tuned your "untuned" car it would pick up.

Again, I didn't post the times because they stunk. I know that and I said that in an earlier post above. So why do you keep bringing this up? Nobody runs good their first time out with a completely new combination. I am no different. What is you beef?

I am glad you have gotten so much out of so little, that just gives me more inspiration. My car should be that much quicker!

Again, no secret, the car is set up for N2O. Not the reason for the dismal 1/4 mile times NA, but part of my elation when I saw the NA numbers. Much better than I expected. I was very happy with the 432 RWHP too. That is why I posted it. I really didn't think the car was going to pickup that much from an ORP. Again the car will run the number and when it does I will post it.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

Well I guess it's a good thing your car while on the dyno (both times) didn't exhibit any of the multitude of problems that ailed you at the track. I especially like that they let you run down the track with a leaking trans. Down a few quarts huh, that's some leak.

You've posted your best 60' times in another thread I believe. High 1.6s to low 1.7s. See, how's that for reading comprehension? Never seen your car run cause if I did I would have come up to you in person and shot the ****.

But I digress, so now the reason you posted is your elation at what the car made on a nitrous tune. Silly me, I thought you said it was to show everyone what 241 heads can do. Another funny thing is that although you were happy with 432 HP ya never posted those results, except in a thread (make that 3 lol) to ask everyone if you could run 10s with it. lol

Wel I gotta run, we'll play some more later.

Oh and say hi to the Sponsor's little sister, whatever that means.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:28 PM
10 second playa

Well I guess it's a good thing your car while on the dyno (both times) didn't exhibit any of the multitude of problems that ailed you at the track. I especially like that they let you run down the track with a leaking trans. Down a few quarts huh, that's some leak.

You've posted your best 60' times in another thread I believe. High 1.6s to low 1.7s. See, how's that for reading comprehension? Never seen your car run cause if I did I would have come up to you in person and shot the ****.

But I digress, so now the reason you posted is your elation at what the car made on a nitrous tune. Silly me, I thought you said it was to show everyone what 241 heads can do. Another funny thing is that although you were happy with 432 HP ya never posted those results, except in a thread (make that 3 lol) to ask everyone if you could run 10s with it. lol

Wel I gotta run, we'll play some more later.

Oh and say hi to the Sponsor's little sister, whatever that means.
Well the trans leak was from where the dipstick goes into the trans. I didn't realize it had lost so much. I never would have raced the car if I had known that I was down so much. I think that was part of the problem at the track?
But it was not leaking while I was racing.

I only went a 1.695 60' once, It was a freak too because the car goes consistent 1.75 60's. Very bad for the money I have into this car. It should be 60' ing in the 1.45 to 1.50 range at the least. (I am changing converters)

I am not sure what you are getting at with the 241 vs. N20 tune?
Both are the same thing? I didn't expect the car to make that much power 1) with 241 heads (because all I hear about are 243 heads) and 2) It made that much with a N20 tune. All part of my surprise and "elation".

I don't know why you are surprised that I had problems at the track but didn't on the dyno You don't 60' on a dyno? and you don't shift on a dyno? That is why I am happy with the power the car is making but unhappy with the ET's it is running. But, I need time to iron everything out. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am confident it will run the #.

I made those older posts asking/seeking wisdom, because I wanted to know how fast my car should be, so I knew what to shoot for? Now you have a problem with that?

Let me ask, would it be OK with you if I posted on this forum or would you prefer if I didn't? No matter what I type, you have a problem with it?
What gives? I can't ask questions? I can't post my dyno results? I can't post things that I have found out the hard way to inform others? I can't choose to not post bad 1/4 mile results? (Because I know everybody post their worst runs) I mean you must be kidding?

Have a nice day.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't 60' on a dyno? and you don't shift on a dyno? That is why I am happy with the power the car is making but unhappy with the ET's it is running. But, I need time to iron everything out. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am confident it will run the #.
Totally agree with you there man. I made 397rw in my TA but when i got to the track last Friday night i only ran 12.46@109.7mph due to some probs that obviously didnt show on a dyno pull. Getting some KR i believe from the exhaust beating around under the car, went into open loop mode from a bad 02 sensor, and the shift points were supposed to be at 6500 yet it kept zingin up to 7k and pingin the limiter before it would shift but im not blaming the shop that built my car "Futral" cuz they are awesome(call it an "AD" if ya want but several folks on this board would agree w/ me) Allan@FMS tuned the car and i know he's one of the best and will get me squared away this thursday so i can take advantage of my cars potential. I believe when all the bugs are worked out i'll be in the 11s n/a as i believe you will too
Old 05-29-2005, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats on the numbers, very impressive. What software did you tune it with and do you lock it up w/ the tuning or a button?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first thought was to raise the BS flag as well.
I however have no reason to doubt you, so instead I just figured you have a freak car and congs. I have done my fair share of a4 cars and that HP is just silly especially without a 90mmTB and intake.
The best I have seen in my area is 430 with 241 heads a 224/228 cam 3800 Yank converter fast 90/90 through a cutout.

Again very impressive without using the 90/90 setup.

Quick Reply: H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside