Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TRex results with stock heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Very little preload is required for Comp R lifters.

Rick
4-10 thousandths or so, yes. i beleive they might be overloaded.. but when we did our calculations, it came out to 6 thousandths or so. which should be perfect. dyno graph looked weird above 6700 though, just kinda falls off. may be an air flow problem as well. gunna try a few things and see whats up.. ill try to get the graph scanned and posted soon.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RTCamaroSS
4-10 thousandths or so, yes. i beleive they might be overloaded.. but when we did our calculations, it came out to 6 thousandths or so. which should be perfect. dyno graph looked weird above 6700 though, just kinda falls off. may be an air flow problem as well. gunna try a few things and see whats up.. ill try to get the graph scanned and posted soon.

I would actually just put a quarter turn on the rocker into the lifter to give it 10-25 thou. Thats your best bet. You need some on the lifter, too little and you run into problems.

By the way, how can you calculate preload? All you need is a dial gauge.

Rick
Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

1 7/8's headers
but it seems to die after 6700 or so
I think switching to 1 7/8 is making your car dying after 6700rpm , exactly the same i did after intalling the X3 .

I thought that a 1.7 rockers r not recomanded!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
I think switching to 1 7/8 is making your car dying after 6700rpm , exactly the same i did after intalling the X3 .

I thought that a 1.7 rockers r not recomanded!!!!
1.7 = stock
Old 06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can tell you what i know from dozens of dyno runs on different cars, you have to have very very strong vavlesprings to make it carry out to where mine does, on jasons car it peaked earlier than mine and didnt carry out as well, after seeing what his did, we used shims to get more seat pressure on the springs and measured them on the spring compressor to get as much as possible without getting coil bind at max lift. mine carried to 6700-6800 and flatlined past 7000 before droping off. i pulled 442 with the lsx manifold going through all my hp robbing drivetrain 12 bolt, steep gears and on 28'' slicks, probably would have gone high 450's and 405rwtq or so with a stock rear and tires. im hoping to get high 450's with the new changes, same drivetrain stock rockers work best and im on stock lifters also.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
i can tell you what i know from dozens of dyno runs on different cars, you have to have very very strong vavlesprings to make it carry out to where mine does, on jasons car it peaked earlier than mine and didnt carry out as well, after seeing what his did, we used shims to get more seat pressure on the springs and measured them on the spring compressor to get as much as possible without getting coil bind at max lift. mine carried to 6700-6800 and flatlined past 7000 before droping off. i pulled 442 with the lsx manifold and hoping to get high 450's with the new changes. stock rockers work best and im on stock lifters also.
im running crane duals, shimmed .060... figured that'd be enough. i have an LSX 90 sitting here, need to get a new lower peice for it, and plug the holes for a previous direct port kit.. then get a NW 90, and ill throw it on and see what i gain.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Ryan,
check your springs, I spoke with a few people that had valve float fom worn out springs on that cam. Check open and seat preasure, spining a nasty lobe like that takes a lot of controle. I spoke with a "competor" shop a year ago or so about the Trex and they recomended a rev kit along with it.
But then again they were also trying to sell me heads saying that I would have 460+rwhp and driveability!
Old 06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HALLZ
Ryan,
check your springs, I spoke with a few people that had valve float fom worn out springs on that cam. Check open and seat preasure, spining a nasty lobe like that takes a lot of controle. I spoke with a "competor" shop a year ago or so about the Trex and they recomended a rev kit along with it.
But then again they were also trying to sell me heads saying that I would have 460+rwhp and driveability!
I dont buy the whole rev kit thing. Have you ever seen rev kit springs? You can put them in your hand and compress them. If your lobe is going to float the springs you have now, do you realy think that little helper spring is going to do any better? Its going to take more than a couple more pounds of pressure to help a problem like that.

Rick