Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

ASA Cam Dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my numbers are a little low for a 224/228 .590/.590 113lsa cam. But any less timing and you lose power, any more and you run into knock retard spraying...air/fuel is 12.8:1 on the motor, 12.2:1 spraying. No misses, the graph looks smooth and pretty flat for trq and hp. But also it is an a4 with a stall. Another guy that went to the dyno with us had a '02 m6 with the same mods as me except a tr224 cam and he only put down +10rwhp more than me....we both gained 40rwhp off the cam swap though. But everything seems to be sound on the motor, maybe we just have low output motors from the factory???? Bomb3r13, have you found any gremlins on yours yet?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BNKBRKR
Bomb3r13, have you found any gremlins on yours yet?
Nothing really solid yet, other than the plugs that might have been fouled from running rich for so long. I just found that my torque arm bolts have been riding out so the arm was a little loose. That might have offset the pinion angle and lost a few ponies. There is nothing I will know for sure until I take it back to the dyno again, and unfortunately there aren't any close to me except in Miami, which is 3+ hours away, so i can't get off from work to do that. In May there is one opening up here, so I can do it as much as I want when it opens. Right now anything is just a guess. I am a really bad judge of feeling SOTP changes in stuff like that.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah your power seems low. but what i am most concerned with is, your lame "take-off" video, i want the 5 seconds of my life back.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
but what i am most concerned with is, your lame "take-off" video, i want the 5 seconds of my life back.
best i could get, i dont have a camera, have to borrow a friend's camera. The speed limits are 30 everywhere here and the cops are plentiful. I have been stopped plenty of times just for revving. I will try to get a better one out, but that should be good enough for now.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bomb3r13
best i could get, i dont have a camera, have to borrow a friend's camera. The speed limits are 30 everywhere here and the cops are plentiful. I have been stopped plenty of times just for revving. I will try to get a better one out, but that should be good enough for now.
ha ha just messin with you

Quick Reply: ASA Cam Dyno #'s