Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Swapped AFR 205's for Dart 225's, gained 13 rwhp and same torque, 443 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is it every Dart head thread gets the AFR guys all riled up?
the 231/237 cam isn't the best performer for the #s given at .050, thats been proven. Its simple the guy swapped heads and gained power, the motor may be worn out or whatever else could be an issue on why its not making *HOLY CRAP, BADASS* numbers but thats not the point. The point is, he gained power by switching to a Dart head.
Both Dart and AFR make great heads, Darts are cheaper for their cast versions compared to AFR's CNC'd heads, but they both make good power. There is no reason to turn every cylinder head thread with Dart or AFR mentioned into a pissing match, just comment on the results with some sort of constructive post.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by stang90gt50
Sorry guys...im sorry you guys are ready to pick apart every discrepency you can find.

It wasnt my car, just a buddy of mines and I was trying to share some nice results with you guys.

Apparently all the AFR lovers think that if you can find a flaw in anyones story because they mistyped sometihng then its automatically BS. Ok then I ordered a set of Dart 225's today because I love the results....$1275 buys me a set of badass heads that put down great 1/4 mile times without breaking the bank....end of discussion
CKZ's right.

According to this post you already bought some Dart 225's.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/477807-dart-heads-a4-dyno-s-great-s.html

Originally Posted by stang90gt50
Dynoed tuned car today with new dart heads. A4 automatic with non-locked converter.

Dart 225's, Comp Cam 224, .581 , 114 camshaft, stock LS6 intake/TB/pulley/ massair, long tube headers, full exhaust, fully tuned on the dyno (27 degrees timing and 13.2 a/F all the way across)

Made great #'s. Very pleased with a nice small smog legal cam shaft.

430 rwhp, 405 rwtq through an auto and pump gas. Peak power at 6100 rpm.

For $1275 for the Dart heads, what a killer deal!

I did this on the ultimate budget with just heads/cam and some headers and the whole thing was $2000 in parts for the motor parts. Very glad I didnt go with AFR heads for another $1000 and probably make same type power.
So you ordered some dart 225's for yourself again?

Post up a graph, have your friend post, or the shop because this whole thread sounds like bs!

And no I'm not an AFR lover, I don't own AFR or Dart heads.

Quick Reply: Swapped AFR 205's for Dart 225's, gained 13 rwhp and same torque, 443 rwhp