Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynocom Dyno

Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynocom Dyno

Anybody familiar with these? Not sure how the #s compare to a Dynojet or Mustang.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt, anyone?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned

I just looked at their website, looks like it'll depend on which model it is. They have both inertia and loaded dyno's. The math is simple on inertia dyno's, so those should be relatively similar (acceleration of a known mass over time). With loaded dyno's, things get complicated, so I don't even want to speculate.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy has the DynoCom DC-2400X 2400+ HP/ 250 MPH and its within 1% of a Dynojet....This was tested and calibrated via both dyno's
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cquist
Anybody familiar with these? Not sure how the #s compare to a Dynojet or Mustang.
A Dynocom will be closer to a Mustang. Dynojet numbers are typically higher due to the 'fudge factor'. (Read the pages here for an explanation of that http://www.factorypro.com/magazine/d...p_reason.html). I've seen "DJHP" listed in the available outputs of several versions of dyno software.

For a simple acceleration comparison, an inertia dyno will do just fine. If you want to do serious testing, a load dyno is the best way to go. If you want to see why, have the operator show you the changes in air/fuel ratio with a change in load. Take a tour through an OE test facility, you won't find an inertia dyno there.

Scott

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynocom Dyno