Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Stock Cubes, NA and 500RWHP, Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stik6shift93
I wouldn't expect to make more peak horsepower with a stroker, more torque and area under curve though. Adding bore is what gives you more power. There are a few out there who have done 500rwhp, stock rear end, ewp, fast intake....all the little tricks are needed to get there. With all the new heads out there now i think it may be a little easier to get there. As far as the highest stock displacement, i believe futral put down 550rwhp with a high compression solid roller motor, that's the highest i've seen on stock displacement, with a 10 bolt 560-565 would probably have been possible.
You would be wrong. Adding c.i. will give you more horsepower. If you take a 450 rwhp 346 and do nothing but stroke it to 383, you will add horsepower.

Adding bore allows you to run heads with bigger valves, which in turn should flow better, which will in turn give you more horsepower, but only if you spin it higher.

Look at LS1Joe he is running under a 4" bore on a 385 and making 654 rwhp thru a 5-1 9" on 28" slicks. On a typical streetcar rearend and tire setup, that is a 675-680 setup, at least.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that a bigger bore is good, but not at the expense of C.I. The C.I. is what gets you the power. If you are running a displacement restricted class with no rev limits, then imo a bigger bore and shorter stroke would be optimum, however each setup is unique and there are VERY few absolute rules in engine building pertaining to the "best"
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOS USER
gillbot : I think with TFS heads + Ven.. Custom Cam + 90/90 ported intake & all bolt- ons get ya in 495-510rwhp range ...try to search man .

Thanks.
No need to search, this is an OLD thread. Besides, I've changed direction anyway. Peak power numbers are meaningless to me, it's power UNDER the curve that matters.