Just Got Back From The Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Low fuel pressure.

Fuel pump, fuel filter.
o ok. well i could get a fuel filter no problem from work.... we have a special tool for takin off the fuel filter... do i really need it.. or can i just use some plyers? fuel pressure will be a problem.. id have to look into that...
Old 10-08-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

And not just FP at idle. You need to check the FP at WOT, high rpms. They should have screwed a FP gauge to your fuel rail while it was on the dyno after the first pull. Takes about 10 seconds to hook up.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
And not just FP at idle. You need to check the FP at WOT, high rpms. They should have screwed a FP gauge to your fuel rail while it was on the dyno after the first pull. Takes about 10 seconds to hook up.

aww crap.. i should have asked them...ill see if i can get ahold of him tomorrow.. dont they sell that guage and people leave it hooked up on the fuel rail?

also would u recomend hookin up my a/f guage? so i can see if i make any progress while trying to fix it?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
aww crap.. i should have asked them...ill see if i can get ahold of him tomorrow.. dont they sell that guage and people leave it hooked up on the fuel rail?

also would u recomend hookin up my a/f guage? so i can see if i make any progress while trying to fix it?

yes

yes
Old 10-08-2006, 01:24 AM
9 Second Club

You went to Henderson huh? You should have pmed me I have a dynojet bro! And everything else under the sun to tell you what is wrong with the car. From the tech II to shop version HP tuners! And Ill tell you right now I would have stopped the pulls in the AFR was like that!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
You went to Henderson huh? You should have pmed me I have a dynojet bro! And everything else under the sun to tell you what is wrong with the car. From the tech II to shop version HP tuners! And Ill tell you right now I would have stopped the pulls in the AFR was like that!
awww man if i would have known! dam it...well wen do u think we can meet up? i dont really have any money...but hopefully we can work something out... i get 20% off auto parts from advance auto parts

id really appreciate the help... its my DD and i dont kno wat i would do if she broke down..and i sure as hell dont wanna be driving her and hurting her while doing so...
Old 10-08-2006, 01:36 AM
9 Second Club

awww man if i would have known! dam it...well wen do u think we can meet up? i dont really have any money...but hopefully we can work something out... i get 20% off auto parts from advance auto parts

id really appreciate the help... its my DD and i dont kno wat i would do if she broke down..and i sure as hell dont wanna be driving her and hurting her while doing so...
You live in New Braunfels?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

You live in New Braunfels?
yes sir
Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 AM
9 Second Club

I get off work Tuesday and I will be firing up my car for the first time that night. But I will be able to meet up with you wednesday. I have autotap and can see what the hell is going on from my house. I leave the cable to hp tuners and the tech 2 @ the shop. But Im sure we can work something out. PM me you name and phone number and Ill call you. I am super busy all the time it seems but Im willing to help you out. Since I am not to fond of Henderson at all !
Old 10-08-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I get off work Tuesday and I will be firing up my car for the first time that night. But I will be able to meet up with you wednesday. I have autotap and can see what the hell is going on from my house. I leave the cable to hp tuners and the tech 2 @ the shop. But Im sure we can work something out. PM me you name and phone number and Ill call you. I am super busy all the time it seems but Im willing to help you out. Since I am not to fond of Henderson at all!
awsome! thanks bro! i really appreciate it! ill pm u rite now... also wednesday, and thursday is my day off
Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 AM
9 Second Club

awsome! thanks bro! i really appreciate it! ill pm u rite now... also wednesday, and thursday is my day off
No problem. Hell I take you by the shop in SA and show you all of our toys
Old 10-08-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem. Hell I take you by the shop in SA and show you all of our toys
dats bad ***! dam now i cant wait!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

if you cannot find the CRC stuff just go and get some brake wash thats all it is now I said brake wash not brake cleaner two totally different cleaners. Also the AFR gauge is only going to be worthwhile to hook up if its a wide band as the crap oscillating ones from autometer that read off the 02s are worthless light shows and thats it. I changed my fuel filter and it made a noticable difference and my car has only 25K on it when I got it but looked like it was never changed. should be changed once every year in my opinion. Good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-08-2006, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bandit1
if you cannot find the CRC stuff just go and get some brake wash thats all it is now I said brake wash not brake cleaner two totally different cleaners. Also the AFR gauge is only going to be worthwhile to hook up if its a wide band as the crap oscillating ones from autometer that read off the 02s are worthless light shows and thats it. I changed my fuel filter and it made a noticable difference and my car has only 25K on it when I got it but looked like it was never changed. should be changed once every year in my opinion. Good luck and keep us posted
I think his 02's are hooked up on bank 1 sensor 2 bank 2 sensor 2 But I will find out soon. Hopefully there not and it is the MAF.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

well i just changed my o2 sensors.. and i have sims cuz of the ORY... ima go check my maf see if its dirty...see if maybe it has some oil on it for the k&n or something.. i hope my maf isnt bad. cuz thats alot of money i kno i descreened it.. but i was extra careful not to touch those lil metal tings
Don't know who installed the 02 sims, but just make sure that they are not on the fronts?
A new MAF can be had pretty easily. Check the "For Sale" section and e-bay for a sensor. They can be had for around $60.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

well got off work really late today...so havnt been able to check if its dirty or not... tomorrow i dont work till late.. so ima give it a check....o and JMBLOWNWS6 my scedule changed.. so now i have tuesday, and wednesday off.. so yea....ill keep you guys posted...i hope we can find the problem...
Old 10-08-2006, 11:56 PM
9 Second Club

Ill get in touch with you Tuesday. Talked to my partner and we will put your car on the lift to find out whats going on. Also I will do the codes like I told you last night if you want to.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill get in touch with you Tuesday. Talked to my partner and we will put your car on the lift to find out whats going on. Also I will do the codes like I told you last night if you want to.
sounds awsome mah brutha!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
even with the AF tunned back in to spec, your not going to magicly have a 350HP car, its a stock LS1 with an Auto... you will be lucky with only having exhaust done to break the 310-320 HP mark with your few mods. Hell, be happy if you get it over 300.

I have a '02 WS6 w/ Grotts headers, ory, borla cat-back, slp lid....no pulley, no ported t/b, stock tune.....w/ converter unlocked it made 353hp/359tq on a Dynojet--SAE corrected numbers
Old 10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
I have a '02 WS6 w/ Grotts headers, ory, borla cat-back, slp lid....no pulley, no ported t/b, stock tune.....w/ converter unlocked it made 353hp/359tq on a Dynojet--SAE corrected numbers
thats wat i expected atleast...maybe alil more...