Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

224/228 and AFR205 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
I bet your around 430-435ish depending on the tune. Cats are killing the 440 range I would think, regardless if they are high flow or not, just one more disturbance in the exhaust stream
We had higher HP, but low torque. The tuner did a little work and back the HP down to provide more low end torque. He spent more time tuning the car for 3rd and 4th gear from 2500 to 6700 rpms. That is where the car spends most of its time. So I dont get hung up on dyno numbers.

Yes the High Flow cats are one more hickup, but the exhaust does not stink.
So I just left them on.

I have some LG Pro LTs and off road exhaust in the basement, for the new engine ( when the funds come) and make the full change then.
Plus lots of other things in boxes, bigger radiator, Exceedy carbon clutch, LG carbon drive shaft.

Yes my car has an MN6with transmission cooler, 3.42 rear, as I mentioned TPIS LTs, Random Tech High Flow cats and X-pipe, then 3" Open exhaust no mufflers. ( still streetable and passes NC emissions each year) and my own True CAI. Like the Honker, or Vortex or Cyclone.

also a front breather not a bottom breather.

I also run a 3 qt accu-sump and oil cooler.

Back to the OP, yes I do think with the AFR205s and a 224/228 that 440 to 450 is quite doable.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I think when your engine is together, it will be great. Lots of power and all it needs is seat time and more seat time.

Great project and Good Luck.

Let us know when you hit the track / strip .
Thanks man
Old 08-18-2008, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
We had higher HP, but low torque. The tuner did a little work and back the HP down to provide more low end torque. He spent more time tuning the car for 3rd and 4th gear from 2500 to 6700 rpms. That is where the car spends most of its time. So I dont get hung up on dyno numbers.

Yes the High Flow cats are one more hickup, but the exhaust does not stink.
So I just left them on.

I have some LG Pro LTs and off road exhaust in the basement, for the new engine ( when the funds come) and make the full change then.
Plus lots of other things in boxes, bigger radiator, Exceedy carbon clutch, LG carbon drive shaft.

Yes my car has an MN6with transmission cooler, 3.42 rear, as I mentioned TPIS LTs, Random Tech High Flow cats and X-pipe, then 3" Open exhaust no mufflers. ( still streetable and passes NC emissions each year) and my own True CAI. Like the Honker, or Vortex or Cyclone.

also a front breather not a bottom breather.

I also run a 3 qt accu-sump and oil cooler.

Back to the OP, yes I do think with the AFR205s and a 224/228 that 440 to 450 is quite doable.

450 is my goal when I get this set up

Quick Reply: 224/228 and AFR205 heads