Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

L92 408 first results....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
I was thinking also, what about running an LS7 1.8 exhaust rocker to help with the lift on the exhaust side?

-Geoff

They wont fit, the LS7 rockers are a bit longer than the standard rockers.

Rick
Old 12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Rick,

Are those numbers comparable to a RWHP/RWTQ from a dynojet? I only ask because the graph reads flywheel power at the top. Wasn't sure if that software is adding back in some sort of "power loss across the drivetrain" factor or something. If not, that's some respectable numbers. ****, I don't think that I have seen a 40x LSx motor put down more tq than hp before through an M6. Specially not one that is right at about the 500 numbers. Kudos to you for sharing. I can't wait to see what happens after the cam swap. Not to mention that if I read the first post correctly, there is a muffler upstream of the rear muffler/mufflers. How does it sound? I have been considering a similar method of quiting down my car. Does it create an additional restriction or is the restriction just at the first muffler and therefore it doesn't matter how many you put downstream?

Thanks!
ITs very comparable. But again, like all dynos, they are just for tuning. There is more TQ than HP due to the powerband lenght. You will see the hp goes to about 5800, and if it went further, I am sure it would have had more hp than tq. The cool thing is if you drive the car, its like a caddy, with lots of TQ all the time. you can tell it wants to go.

Rick
Old 12-19-2006, 04:57 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
ITs very comparable. But again, like all dynos, they are just for tuning. There is more TQ than HP due to the powerband lenght. You will see the hp goes to about 5800, and if it went further, I am sure it would have had more hp than tq. The cool thing is if you drive the car, its like a caddy, with lots of TQ all the time. you can tell it wants to go.

Rick

Not always true. Mine spits out deadly accruate 1/4 mile sims if there is enough traction. usually a .1 and 1-2 mph for accuracy. Most people don't want to plunk down close to 70K for a whiz bang dyno though.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

i like nastey cams, just like big stalls, dumped true duals, beer and hot chicks, but what kind of power band would that 248/256, its seems really ******* big for a 408
Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean Collins
Not always true. Mine spits out deadly accruate 1/4 mile sims if there is enough traction. usually a .1 and 1-2 mph for accuracy. Most people don't want to plunk down close to 70K for a whiz bang dyno though.
I take it you have an MD?

If thats the case then you did your homework then.

RIck
Old 12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hennytime
i like nastey cams, just like big stalls, dumped true duals, beer and hot chicks, but what kind of power band would that 248/256, its seems really ******* big for a 408
I thought you like big cams? I think that if you had a 244/248 in mind already, then this one should be no problem for you. You would see alittle more top end with this camshaft over the other.

RIck
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rick,
glad to hear your sharing the wealth on this setup...glad to see you doing so well out there. To bad Dave wasnt around to see you shine....
anyways...DAME...i cant believe you actually got rid of your stock CB bullet setup...lol.
It sure did seem to take forever for you to get that motor setup together! Glad to see it working out!

now a couple questions on the build...did you ever flow the heads again after you ported the exhaust side? And What is a ruff dollar amount for this kinda setup?
-Chris aka (DAREDVL)
Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

nice numbers for such a little/unagressive cam. one question, what if you left the intake alone for the most part (just a little more lift) and just focused on the exhaust to get as much as possible out? sayy... a 230 .600 intake and a 250 .600?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice results. That motor would be great in a full weight car, with all that torque. Thanks for posting the combo and results. It's nice to have real numbers instead of seat of the pants guesstimates.

Bruce
Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
nice numbers for such a little/unagressive cam. one question, what if you left the intake alone for the most part (just a little more lift) and just focused on the exhaust to get as much as possible out? sayy... a 230 .600 intake and a 250 .600?
you might be putting too much exhaust on the lobe versus the intake. Would be interesting, but not too sure. If you want to donate to a cam trial fund we can.

Rick
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

you might be putting too much exhaust on the lobe versus the intake. Would be interesting, but not too sure. If you want to donate to a cam trial fund we can.

Rick
heh. if i were to do that, it would be going into my motor. although it might be a tad radical fora little 6.0l.
with these heads, when would be the best time to open the exhaust valve? then after that, how long would you want it open to get everything you could, out? maybe 250 is a bit exagerated but something along those lines. im sure i wont be dissapointed with my ls7 cam but later i would like to try something comparable to what i said.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hennytime

I had a 253/257 .632 CM grind in mine and it peaked about 6600.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:07 PM

I take it you have an MD?

If thats the case then you did your homework then.

RIck
Yeppers a big old 1750de got it on a fire sale deal when Pro-M racing ( Best Products they made custom MAF sensors for fords etc) went out of bussiness. Anyways sweethart deal !! far less then the full price. Its more then just having a dyno its keeping it calibrated and well maintained.we have a local guy ( remains nameless) with a mustang that has drifted so far out of calibration it now spits out dynojet numbers. Had a c6 zo6 customer recently tell me he made 455 on it. I have yet to see a c6 z06 even aproach that. the usually make about 410-420 even with a whiz bang tune. GM didn;t leave much on the shelf. anyways this machine is an ego killer buts it razor accurate and dealy consistent and it cost about $2000 annually to keep it upto snuf. I would really love it if more of the sponsors here would buy mustangs would make my life alot easier explaining the RWHP numbers.

Sean
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

im soooo glad others get to do the math for me, i got a c in stat this semester

i cant wait to see more setups, rick can you pm me for prices of 408 longblocks, and crate motors wit hte l76/l92 intake fuel rails ect. something i can just drop in with little or no effort, round about figures not itemized lists as im just curious at the moment what itll look like
Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean Collins
Yeppers a big old 1750de got it on a fire sale deal when Pro-M racing ( Best Products they made custom MAF sensors for fords etc) went out of bussiness. Anyways sweethart deal !! far less then the full price. Its more then just having a dyno its keeping it calibrated and well maintained.we have a local guy ( remains nameless) with a mustang that has drifted so far out of calibration it now spits out dynojet numbers. Had a c6 zo6 customer recently tell me he made 455 on it. I have yet to see a c6 z06 even aproach that. the usually make about 410-420 even with a whiz bang tune. GM didn;t leave much on the shelf. anyways this machine is an ego killer buts it razor accurate and dealy consistent and it cost about $2000 annually to keep it upto snuf. I would really love it if more of the sponsors here would buy mustangs would make my life alot easier explaining the RWHP numbers.

Sean
You will never please everyone no matter what your equipment is. At the end of the day, no matter what I use, its how the car runs and drives that matters the most.

I was using my buddies brand new MD before I picked up my dynapack 4000. I got mine on a good deal as well. The company had bought it full price, and went right out of business a month later. So I got the 4000 at a 3000 unit price. I could not pass it up.

Rick
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rick,

What about my exhaust question? What are the 2 mufflers doing in terms of being in line?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:48 PM

You will never please everyone no matter what your equipment is. At the end of the day, no matter what I use, its how the car runs and drives that matters the most.

I was using my buddies brand new MD before I picked up my dynapack 4000. I got mine on a good deal as well. The company had bought it full price, and went right out of business a month later. So I got the 4000 at a 3000 unit price. I could not pass it up.

Rick

Yeah to good a deal to pass up. As long as its consistent pull to pull thats all that really matters. Being able to get repatable results. If you treat it soley as a tunning tool then you'll always be happy with it.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

I thought you like big cams? I think that if you had a 244/248 in mind already, then this one should be no problem for you. You would see alittle more top end with this camshaft over the other.

RIck

lol so far all the cams ive heard in this thread are childs play
Old 12-20-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Pretty stout. I love the TQ #'s.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
lol so far all the cams ive heard in this thread are childs play

your right........but i'll take my power and drivabilty over yours ANY day of the week.... you may leave now- don't you have some sponsor to bash.

Quick Reply: L92 408 first results....