Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

VIDEO at Idle plus streetability and WOT with my 511rwhp / FTI

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I am back home for short period and you know what??? I went out for a ride early this morning, the private road I am used to for my high speed driving is just freshly repaved with a smooth black asphalt.

I then went on a little more tuning, deciding to try a more agressive approach of timing !!!

After some early testing and some rebalanced between timing and fuel, power is simply increased, and that power is not a "roller power" but the one made on asphalt.

Here are the new results :

EXACT ACCELERATION TIME in 4 GEAR FROM 100 mph TO 153 mph starting revs @4600 rpm ending @7000 rpm:
11-16-06 SD 86 10.55am------:-----11.52sc
02-17-07 SD ETP 15 11.05am--:------9.57sc
03-31-07 SD ETP 29 10.15am--:------8.98sc

It is a 0.6sc GAIN again!!!
Just curious to see where the numbers are on the dyno now...

Conditions were not the best but good enough to be aligned with the previous files, temp was already 77*F, humidity in the 70% and around 1020 Hp

I am interested in having similar measurements from members here.

Hope that meens something to someone... power is just aswome out of this small 346ci Ed Curtis combo...

Christian
Old 03-31-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crap, i remember when i was happy to get <9sec on a tr224 cam from 40-100mph
got logs? i got some new software i'd love to run your data on.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Christian, Could I join you on this private road of which you speak? Anytime that you want to hook up, just let me know. I am currently trying to setup my car for the track and know most of the serious streetcar type racers in the area. I live right on the Royal Palm/Acreage line.

PS. A set of BFG Drags on that thing will help you alot. Even nitto's will be night and day difference. It would be redicoulus to try to drive with street tires on mine also.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Restricted User

Change the clutch before it strands you. I blew up my Spec 3 by doing a 3-4 shift blast. Didn't even get one 1/4 mile pass on it. It broke while tuning.

Also, would love some insight on the bucking /surging tuning. I have been working on mine for over 100 hrs and cant get it to go away in the 1800-2000 RPM range.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

This combination is similar to what I would like to see out of my motor. (Then again, who wouldn't?) Killer numbers, amazing driveability, just awesome all around. Congrats, sounds like you're having a blast with the setup.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
holy crap, i remember when i was happy to get <9sec on a tr224 cam from 40-100mph
got logs? i got some new software i'd love to run your data on.
Hi Marcin,

Did you get my email???
Busy as usual???

Christian
Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

One data I forgot and I want to add in my thread to make it informative is the measurement of the piston out of the hole and the PtV clearance:

Piston out of the hole:-----0.004
PtV Clearance
Intake:-------------------0.110
Exhaust:------------------0.113
No Flycut/0.40 head gasket/60cc head volume

Christian
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Christian,

What's up man, names Erik, I live a little further south of you near Coral Springs...
I work in Boca a lot, you ever around there?

If you'd like we can go to Moroso one night and see what our cars do. I have a h/c SS that I have yet to run, as I am still getting use to the new set up and Textralia exo skel

You've got a mean set up there man..I would love to see it...

Let me know if you are ever in the area, or you feel like going to a Test and Tune.

Erik
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

I want those numbers...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Even though you are traction limited with the relatively small street tires on your car now I would not recommend running your car WOT on VHT with the clutch you have currently; let alone with Drag Radials.

I blew up 3 Spec 3's with 315 Nitto Drags on the street

My Textralia does a great job with the 315 BFG Drags though (still don't get traction in 1st and part of 2nd )

I would just like to add to those that are reading this thread whom might become disheartened by the price breakdown listed: please note that by his own admission he was anxious and impatient to get the "job done" by a certain date/deadline, with little to no research for price comparison on parts or labor.

One could achieve results within ~20-30rwhp using comparable and, in some cases, the same parts at FAR less a bill then Christian paid

That being said, Christian you have a very nice set-up with excellent street manners

My car's mannerisms are akin to yours, I'm proud to say

I would be willing to duplicate your unique acceleration testing procedures and send you my data if you like

Here is a truncated list of some of my drive-train mods before I log said runs:

Stage 1 LS6 TSP Heads
TSP 239/242 .651/.610 111 LSA MS4 Cam
Stock-sized Manley Valves
PP .660 lift springs
ARP Head Studs
ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain
TR Pushrods
'03 D&D Performance Viper Tranny
Textralia OZ 700 Clutch
Byun Speed supplied F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Intake Manifold
F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB
Kooks 1 7/8” Headers
Kooks 3” Y-pipe
Corsa Exhaust
F.A.S.T. 36lb. Injectors
Meziere EWP 160*
De-screened Stock MAF
MTI Lid-K&N
ASP Crank Pulley
TSP LS6 Ported Oil Pump
tuned by Me
3.90 gears
17x11" rear Firehawk rims with BFG 315 Drags and BFG KDW fronts

There are many more modifications but the above are the mods most relevant to any recorded data

Christopher

Last edited by The Dragon; 04-03-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
Christian,

What's up man, names Erik, I live a little further south of you near Coral Springs...
I work in Boca a lot, you ever around there?

If you'd like we can go to Moroso one night and see what our cars do. I have a h/c SS that I have yet to run, as I am still getting use to the new set up and Textralia exo skel

You've got a mean set up there man..I would love to see it...

Let me know if you are ever in the area, or you feel like going to a Test and Tune.

Erik
Hi Erik,

Trying the car at the track is making a little more sense everyday....

I have ordered the Textralia Exo-Skel and I am looking aroung someone to mount it properly.

I will let you know when I am here...

Christian
Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Even though you are traction limited with the relatively small street tires on your car now I would not recommend running your car WOT on VHT with the clutch you have currently; let alone with Drag Radials.

I blew up 3 Spec 3's with 315 Nitto Drags on the street

My Textralia does a great job with the 315 BFG Drags though (still don't get traction in 1st and part of 2nd )

I would just like to add to those that are reading this thread whom might become disheartened by the price breakdown listed: please note that by his own admission he was anxious and impatient to get the "job done" by a certain date/deadline, with little to no research for price comparison on parts or labor.

One could achieve results within ~20-30rwhp using comparable and, in some cases, the same parts at FAR less a bill then Christian paid

That being said, Christian you have a very nice set-up with excellent street manners

My car's mannerisms are akin to yours, I'm proud to say

I would be willing to duplicate your unique acceleration testing procedures and send you my data if you like

Here is a truncated list of some of my drive-train mods before I log said runs:

Stage 1 LS6 TSP Heads
TSP 239/242 .651/.610 111 LSA MS4 Cam
Stock-sized Manley Valves
PP .660 lift springs
ARP Head Studs
ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Rollmaster Double-Roller Timing Chain
TR Pushrods
'03 D&D Performance Viper Tranny
Textralia OZ 700 Clutch
Byun Speed supplied F.A.S.T. LSX 90mm Intake Manifold
F.A.S.T. 90 mm TB
Kooks 1 7/8” Headers
Kooks 3” Y-pipe
Corsa Exhaust
F.A.S.T. 36lb. Injectors
Meziere EWP 160*
De-screened Stock MAF
MTI Lid-K&N
ASP Crank Pulley
TSP LS6 Ported Oil Pump
tuned by Me
3.90 gears
17x11" rear Firehawk rims with BFG 315 Drags and BFG KDW fronts

There are many more modifications but the above are the mods most relevant to any recorded data

Christopher
Hi Christopher,

The Textralia Exo-Skel will be here when I will be back in Palm Beach, I am looking around someone local to mount the clutch...

On the price item, nothing is wrong with the parts that were ordered, for this kind of quality level you will be in the same window with different brands.
You can go a differente route to obtain a similar result, and on this board TSP is a good example about that...
On the labor side I was on my agenda, price can be cut if you look at different shops...the job was well done and I have no issues today, just not the cheaper...

I think it would be definitively cool to have those accelerations number to share between members, it doesn't involve any skill to start the car or to go through gears.
The power or evolution in power is easy to identify, it's pure acceleration!!!

Waiting to hear from you
Christian

Last edited by miami993c297; 04-05-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi Christopher,

The Textralia Exo-Skel will be here when I will be back in Palm Beach, I am looking around someone local to mount the clutch...

On the price item, nothing is wrong with the parts that were ordered, for this kind of quality level you will be in the same window with different brands.
You can go a differente route to obtain a similar result, and on this board TSP is a good example about that...
On the labor side I was on my agenda, price can be cut if you look at different shops...the job was well done and I have no issues today, just not the cheaper...

I think it would be definitively cool to have those accelerations number to share between members, it doesn't involve any skill to start the car or to go through gears.
The power or evolution in power is easy to identify, it's pure acceleration!!!

Waiting to hear from you
Christian
Please understand I am not criticizing your choice of parts or the shop you chose to install said parts.

I too have paid $2K from 2 separate shops here in S. Fl., both of whom are sponsors, on 2 separate occaisions in the last few years on previous H/C combo installations (I've changed combos so many times over the past 6 years it's almost laughable )

I was lucky to have found a HIGHLY experienced and specialized GM race mechanic with drastically cheaper labor costs I cannot list his name or location since he is not a sponsor but I would be willing to share the contact information via PM as long as the moderators are tolerant

I merely stated the labor/parts charge facts to encourage members that are not in a tax bracket to afford $15K of parts/install

I'll see if I have time to log those runs this weekend

Christopher
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome. Just awesome.

You have gone about it the right way and this size cam with the right bits is exactly what these small bore LS1s need. Just proves you dont sacrifice drivability with a "biggish" cam with the right combo and tune.

I have a similar cam at 114 in my A4 with a 3000 stallie and it feels as good as your car looks to drive. Although, I think Im a fair way off the 511rwhp as yet... but getting there.

I want to see how yours goes at the track. Il be heading out in a weeks time.

Cheers mate

Last edited by MNR-0; 04-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice setup!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by MNR-0
Awesome. Just awesome.

You have gone about it the right way and this size cam with the right bits is exactly what these small bore LS1s need. Just proves you dont sacrifice drivability with a "biggish" cam with the right combo and tune.

I have a similar cam at 114 in my A4 with a 3000 stallie and it feels as good as your car looks to drive. Although, I think Im a fair way off the 511rwhp as yet... but getting there.

I want to see how yours goes at the track. Il be heading out in a weeks time.

Cheers mate

It's way easier to get the drivability correct on an A4. 114 LSA also reduces the overlap which helps with driveability.

I am curious as to where the AFR is set in the 1600 to 2000 RPM range.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
It's way easier to get the drivability correct on an A4. 114 LSA also reduces the overlap which helps with driveability.

I am curious as to where the AFR is set in the 1600 to 2000 RPM range.
Duno about miamis, but mines around 14.7. I dont run O2 sensors - waste of time. I get better mileage with the bigger cam and OL than the smaller cam with O2s.

I meter all my AFRs at the collector in the header. Even with the engine turned off, the AFR meter still registers 14.7 or thereabouts. Weird stuff...

Metering tailpipe AFR with decent overlap is a waste of time at low revs.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

PM replied
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

An update on my set-up...

EXO-SKEL arrived - Looking for someone local for the install

Christian
Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Restricted User