Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TrickFlow/Vengeance Racing 521/464 Dyno Graph Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice #'s. What kind of hardware does TFS use? Springs, valves etc.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Will the owner be taking this vehicle to the track?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Thank you Ron to post again your very good results, with some details added...

One practical question and one technical if you don't mind.

The first one is about tuning, I would like to know if with the Honker induction you kept the MAF on and working?

The second one is about amount of the labor you put on the bill for this package from the moment the car enter your garage to the moment where the car is leaving your garage?

Florida is not that far away !!!

Christian
Now wait a minute miami!You've been talkin all that %$#@ over on corvetteforum ( this is TaylorDawg03)about my car (yes this one)and then you come over here and suck up to Ron? What's up? Just for the record,It's a Haltech induction(not Ron's fault).
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sport Side
Will the owner be taking this vehicle to the track?
yes, my car will be going to the track!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
Ron, did you ever get any sound clips of this cam yet????
here's an idle clip(around (950rpms)to start things off!
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ransam2037.flv
Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

great numbers ron hows this baby drive around town
Old 02-19-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Man it sounds sweet.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hunterdawgs
Now wait a minute miami!You've been talkin all that %$#@ over on corvetteforum ( this is TaylorDawg03)about my car (yes this one)and then you come over here and suck up to Ron? What's up? Just for the record,It's a Haltech induction(not Ron's fault).
Hi hunterdawgs,

First of all you have a Red ZO6 meaning you have great taste (that was my choice as well).

I must say I have some difficulties to read you sometime and "%$#@" doesn't mean anything for me, I guess a generation question...

On the other Forum I was clearly asking a bout correcting what I call personaly a MISINFORMATION in the tittle of the thread, nothing more...
In the same place I was just asking for more information on your set up and to be more specific, as everyone that is reading your posts or the posts where you are writing in can do, and I explain why... let me copy here my comments for you there:

Let me go deeper in my explanations.

You are speaking here of $10000.00 only in parts for this level of modification with a decent clutch (price directely from RON).

And here you are just out of the dyno, not ready to go to the drag strip, if you want to be really fast think to mod the drivetrain...

I don't know for you, but for my humble person this level of investement in term of MONEY require to be a little bit SPECIFIC.

I guess you have another pseudo on this forum because this one is registered pretty recently and feel free to pm me more info on you, always happy to share.

I am still writing in this thread because before deciding myself on the extreme options I choosed, I had a lot of learning through the Corvette Forums, and some informations was really helpful beeing precise and very clear and well structured but first very SPECIFIC.
Other of that you can read also hundreds of very very bad stories on big money investeded with the not enough specific information!!!

One more time have fun, I just could not drive fast today on my private road, too much lateral wind (didn't went over 165 mph)
Have fun and take care
Christian

Everything is legitim, you are just proving it now...

You intake is not a HONKER but a HALTECH INDUCTION, for sure the right item will be added in the first post of RON as soon as he will have the oportunity to update it.
If not, again what is the purpose of posting in a forum if it is not to inform the community and share with all the Forum Members about your knowledge to permit what is called evolution???

All the open Forums about medical or technology are working this way... may be I am wrong here???

Let's go back on the subject of this thread and speak about your car, congratulations for those smart mods, idle sound great, I guess power is just insane!!!!
How is it around town?
I am also interested by a video from the inside of the car to evaluate the noise level with the B&B catback please.
When you have the opportunity for sure.

You have a great car and you are lucky to leave close of a great Shop/Mechanic/Tuner...but that you know for sure

All the best
Christian
Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 AM
TECH Veteran

yes, my car will be going to the track!
Any predictions as to what you will run?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Is it streetable? any surging? or low RPM bucking?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
Nice #'s. What kind of hardware does TFS use? Springs, valves etc.
Only the best, custom Ferrea valves, titanium retainers and the best springs out there which is the same as AFR charges extra for. You can't go wrong with the TFS heads.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi hunterdawgs,

First of all you have a Red ZO6 meaning you have great taste (that was my choice as well).

I must say I have some difficulties to read you sometime and "%$#@" doesn't mean anything for me, I guess a generation question...

On the other Forum I was clearly asking a bout correcting what I call personaly a MISINFORMATION in the tittle of the thread, nothing more...
In the same place I was just asking for more information on your set up and to be more specific, as everyone that is reading your posts or the posts where you are writing in can do, and I explain why... let me copy here my comments for you there:

Let me go deeper in my explanations.

You are speaking here of $10000.00 only in parts for this level of modification with a decent clutch (price directely from RON).

And here you are just out of the dyno, not ready to go to the drag strip, if you want to be really fast think to mod the drivetrain...

I don't know for you, but for my humble person this level of investement in term of MONEY require to be a little bit SPECIFIC.

I guess you have another pseudo on this forum because this one is registered pretty recently and feel free to pm me more info on you, always happy to share.

I am still writing in this thread because before deciding myself on the extreme options I choosed, I had a lot of learning through the Corvette Forums, and some informations was really helpful beeing precise and very clear and well structured but first very SPECIFIC.
Other of that you can read also hundreds of very very bad stories on big money investeded with the not enough specific information!!!

One more time have fun, I just could not drive fast today on my private road, too much lateral wind (didn't went over 165 mph)
Have fun and take care
Christian

Everything is legitim, you are just proving it now...

You intake is not a HONKER but a HALTECH INDUCTION, for sure the right item will be added in the first post of RON as soon as he will have the oportunity to update it.
If not, again what is the purpose of posting in a forum if it is not to inform the community and share with all the Forum Members about your knowledge to permit what is called evolution???

All the open Forums about medical or technology are working this way... may be I am wrong here???

Let's go back on the subject of this thread and speak about your car, congratulations for those smart mods, idle sound great, I guess power is just insane!!!!
How is it around town?
I am also interested by a video from the inside of the car to evaluate the noise level with the B&B catback please.
When you have the opportunity for sure.

You have a great car and you are lucky to leave close of a great Shop/Mechanic/Tuner...but that you know for sure

All the best
Christian
I'm just giving you a hard time miami.No hard feelings.You sound like an ok guy!Quit typing so much before you get arthritis. I would not recomend the B&B bullets unless you like some drone but it sounds unbelievable at WOT!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Only the best, custom Ferrea valves, titanium retainers and the best springs out there which is the same as AFR charges extra for. You can't go wrong with the TFS heads.
So they use 921's? I already bought etp's but yes, the trick flows seem to work very well! Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sport Side
Any predictions as to what you will run?
People are saying 10's @ 130+ but we'll see.The 130+ will come sooner than the 10's because I'll probably have to replace some parts getting off the line for the 10's.The C6 ZO6 runs high 10's @125+ with just some drag radials so how far into the 10's is the question.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

People are saying 10's @ 130+ but we'll see.The 130+ will come sooner than the 10's because I'll probably have to replace some parts getting off the line for the 10's.The C6 ZO6 runs high 10's @125+ with just some drag radials so how far into the 10's is the question.
Cartek cars have gone 10.50's@130 with 48Xrwhp. They leave hard though. I think you should be able to go 10.7's-10.90 w/o destroying the rear. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Is your car MAF or SD tuned?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I rode in Hunterdawgs Z06 today and all I can say is that it is amazing. Torque builds like you wouldn't believe and the car feels like it doesn't want to stop pulling. I couldn't believe the difference in it. I rode in the car before the work was done, and the difference is shocking. Ron and Mike have went above and beyond on this package and I look forward to seeing more of their work. I know where my Camaro is going when I save up enough money.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Your killing me Ron..... dont you think these numbers are low? LOL, I mean we can pull more then that out of a ls1/6..... LOL. BTW. I am finally in the new house, let me know when you want to take a trip to Fl. and pick my car up, then show these boys how it gets done.....

Another great combo guys, those power curves look sick!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
So they use 921's? I already bought etp's but yes, the trick flows seem to work very well! Thanks for the reply.
The Gold springs (TFS-30600414) check at 140/360 lbs, this is what the TFS heads used to ship with.

The Comp 921's check at 140/370 lbs

The Platinum springs check at 160/400 lbs

The TFS-30600415 upgrade springs check at 160/440 lbs, and is the best spring we have seen for an LS head, and is what all TFS heads ship with.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any info on when we'll see the TFS 240's ????