Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

once again
Weiand intake stock tb 482hp
ls6 intake stock tb 498hp
Weiand intake ported tb 491hp still lower
Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

ANYONE with ACTUAL GRAPHS from experience of BEFORE and AFTER?!?!

Nitrous applications are the beneficiaries from the metal intake. I am running nitrous now and I do not want my POS plastic intake to explode upon a nitrous backfire, if it happens. You can sugar coat it all you want, its still plastic.

The fact that the mustang guys put ice on their intakes is just retarded. I had a stroked 400 makin 589rwhp with a metal intake and ran 6.1x's consitantly. Guess what kind of intake was on there, go ahead and guess, an ALUMINUM intake. The fact that you're trying to say that the heat soak is an issue is rediculous. The air is briefly in the intake, even if it was 800 degrees in on the intake it does not stay in their long enough to get hot enough to effect performance.

The Professional Products manifold is an 85mm setup that have shown 17 more hp over a ls6 with the same setup. How does that happen? Because it flows better. I was just trying to get some first hand experience with people from the board. I would like to do a before and after but the performance shop is closing and no longer does dyno runs.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I'm gonna do a before pull with my stock LS1 intake & then go back after installing the Weiand. So when mine goes in I'll have some graphs. But it might be a couple months.

I will also be running a dry nitrous kit, so the heat isn't gonna be a issue for me either. By the end of the season I'll also have a 224/224 .581/.581 114 cam stuffed in under it & a graph for that also.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This right here IS ACTUAL GRAPHS ETC. TPIS is a WELL respected tuner/company.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think its funny how people say oh i have nitrous it will cool it down what are you going to spray it every time you drive it if so that intake will cost you alot of money to keep it cool
Old 03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

one more time if it is so great how come everyone buys a ls6 intake or fast
Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Okay it may make a little less power, but there is no way any one can tell me that if you had the intake port matched that it would not make far more power than the stocker. If its ported then it should make significantly more power.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

You are missing my point, I said BACKFIRE. Let me see your fast, ls6, ls1 or ls2 intake after a NITROUS BACKFIRE. Comprende? It will be non existent.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ Burst Panels...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

anotehr weiand vs. ls6 thread?

its been seen again and again the ls6 manifold makes mroe power then the weiand.

not even consdiering heat soak, as i dont know if has any effect.

no i havent had boht, but i did the research, and i have the ls6 manifold.

the weiand has benefits such as a removable bottom panel for porting, is good for boost and nitrous applications incase of back fires and such. plus i belive you can also machine out the opening of for a larger throttle body, and both bbk and PP now have a 85mm throttle body avail

I haven't seen much done with the bbk.

take it for what its worth i have no graphs just search a bit on here or look at the tpis site liek the guy posted.

there is a huge thread on the typhoon intake as well. there is definitly a nice bling factor with the polished intakes thats for certain!

theres otehr differences as well, typhoon has a 85mm opening in one version, and like a 90+ on there "ls2" version (made for the ls1 motor as well)...

the rest have the standard opening liek the ls1 and ls6 models.

o and to address the title, if your comparing a LS1, NOT ls6, but ls1 intake, all the mentioned intakes are an improvement.

Last edited by 98_Formula; 03-01-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

been running nitrous for years with 100-200 shot no back fires yet and a 300 shot on my Nova! I have been thew tons of bottles! I have seen it happen to alot of people but they were amateurs and it was there fault!

The only way the weiand is good is you can make it shiny and if you have some crazy ported head and you can port match them! But they way i look at it is if you have thos crazy ported heads what dont you have a ported fast 90
Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not everyone wants to spend $700 on a intake.

I bought mine cause it was the same price as a used LS6. The guy I bought it from is a member on here & upgraded to a FAST 90/90 since he upped his cubes. Said he loved the intake & didn't lose any power over the LS6 he traded for it.

What I liked about it is the fact the TB opening can easily be enlarged & it can be port matched for a set of aftermarket heads in the future. I know I'm never goin big enough to justify spending the cash for a $700 FAST set-up, so for me this was the best option. Not to mention it will look good & can change with my motor.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

im not doing fast like you said way to much money Reason why i put a ls6 intake on mine because i got it for $200 and it flowes great! I wil be puting a vic jr on my car as soon as i get heads
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Default ill say it again

Originally Posted by 98_Formula
anotehr weiand vs. ls6 thread?

its been seen again and again the ls6 manifold makes mroe power then the weiand.

not even consdiering heat soak, as i dont know if has any effect.

no i havent had boht, but i did the research, and i have the ls6 manifold.

the weiand has benefits such as a removable bottom panel for porting, is good for boost and nitrous applications incase of back fires and such. plus i belive you can also machine out the opening of for a larger throttle body, and both bbk and PP now have a 85mm throttle body avail

I haven't seen much done with the bbk.

take it for what its worth i have no graphs just search a bit on here or look at the tpis site liek the guy posted.

there is a huge thread on the typhoon intake as well. there is definitly a nice bling factor with the polished intakes thats for certain!

theres otehr differences as well, typhoon has a 85mm opening in one version, and like a 90+ on there "ls2" version (made for the ls1 motor as well)...

the rest have the standard opening liek the ls1 and ls6 models.

o and to address the title, if your comparing a LS1, NOT ls6, but ls1 intake, all the mentioned intakes are an improvement.
the weiand and ls6 are the same exact design except the weiand is metal and can be ported that is why they are no real graphs.i have this intake love it it makes way more power than the stock ls1 im not some stupid punk kid either ive drag raced for well over 10 years .weiand is one of the oldest and most well trusted names in performance.you guys can have your ugly *** pos plastic intakes
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

"ugly *** pos plastic intakes"

This from someone that owns a Butstang!

I dont see how my plastic intake is ugly! The only good looking weiand intake is a polished one and It would suck to have that on a car thats a DD. They are nice for a car show and thats about it! unless you fell like polishing it all the time on your DD

Enjoy your heat!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Think of it this way, if that Weiand was so good a lot of people would be using it and there would be a lot of information on it. Guess what? Not very many people using it huh? Why would you want to increase the susceptibility of heat soak when you can use an intake that flows just as well if not better and is made of a nylon material thats not so susceptable to heat soak? Dont try and sit here and tell me that heat soak isnt a problem either because if that was the case mustang and lt1 owners wouldnt be icing down their intakes etc.
I think the LS6 is more popular because you can get it cheap. Think about all the members that have purchased the fast setup and are practically giving the LS6's away. I think thats one of the main reason why you see a lot of LS6's. Not sticking for the weiand, but thats just one theory.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/671100-intake-manifold-heatsoak-aluminum-weiand-vs-composite-ls6.html

That covers most of the bases of the argument from both sides and ends with what will inevitably happen to this thread... a lockdown.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Not really, my whole reasoning for getting a metal intake is for a better flowing intake than my sweet ls1 intake and for my nitrous set up. Even though I recently broke my oil sending unit and am waiting for that to finish the install.

Quick Reply: LS1 vs. Weiand or BBK, LS6 vs Weiand or BBK graphs