Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Finally got my ASA Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple98Z28
Yea my 60 foot's are 2.3 2.4 thanks any input let me know, and it was dyno tunned but that tuner could not get the trans to shift, so I took it else where we decided to do a street tune on a wide band. thanks.
yeah them 2.40 60' are KILLING you man, if you could get it down to a 1.80 you would be a 12.40's. And if you could get your transmission to shift better you could go even lower. Maybe you need to work on a good tune.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Put a better merge on your PS y-pipe and the power should pick up some as well. He can fix the downlow torque playing with A/F ratios and timing. Just be sure not to have too much timing at peak torque or he will get into detonation and kill a piston. I always run as much timing as I can get away with down low and take it away at peak torque and then gradually add it back in after peak torque since you would no longer be at 100% VE. Use a 7 or 8 plug to play with tuning like this. If you dont understand the concept of heat range plugs and go based off of what everyone else is doing is okay, then yes swap cams. You have to understand tuning theories and spark plugs before you can get what you want out of anything you touch performance wise.
im completely clueless in the tuning part. I have sent my dynosheet to a sponsor so he can tell me if additional tuning will be required. Im also thinking about, taking it to another tuner here in town.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that seems a little low.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vidal77boxing
im completely clueless in the tuning part. I have sent my dynosheet to a sponsor so he can tell me if additional tuning will be required. Im also thinking about, taking it to another tuner here in town.
Dyno sheets dont tell you squat but a number....You can see a little bit on A/F but thats not hte answer to all ends...

PLug heat range matters a lot. Timing as you are dynoing the car. You can hear the car responding well or you can hear it building power slow...If its not crisp and fast you have an issue. You may only be able to extract x amount of horsepower b/c of a restriction or an ignition problem. if the ignition doesnt burn efficiently or the plugs are too hot it will be lazy to make power. Colder then stock plugs arent just for NA applications folks.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevins2000LS1
Yeah im going with a True dual set-up. Thinking about A LS6 intake dont know yet.
How long are you wanting to wait on an LS6 intake? I won't be back to Goldsboro until late September; if you are willing to wait that long I'll sell you my LS6 intake and throttle body for $350. I'm going with either a 90/90 or a carb set-up. Shoot me a PM and let me know
Old 05-25-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent
Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I used to have something close to yours. Look in Sig. You are choking it with your exhaust i made 365rwhp when i still had cats on the car an that was with the cutout open with it closed it only made 340 something!! Thats 20hp difference!!! I never dynoed without cats but it felt like a huge difference with them off and cut out open. A 110 lsa needs free flowing exhaust, ls6 intake, pulley, and free flowing exhaust you should make 400rwhp

Quick Reply: Finally got my ASA Tuned