Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Vengeance Racing 440 LS7/TrickFlow 235s Preliminary results...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the car is going to Dyno Lab in Marietta.

I also think Ron needs to post a video for his less fortunate friend who is working in Florida right now...because someone (who will go unnamed and is on my **** list) had a bum camera yesterday and couldn't video it for me.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Teching In

I can't be blamed for technical difficulties. I would also like to have a vid of the next dyno pull. With or without the catback.

Just wanted to mention that I drove the car yesterday and it pulls like a raped ape.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by electronbluec5
Just wanted to mention that I drove the car yesterday and it pulls like a raped ape.
It screams like a raped ape too. Killer setup you have. Congrats.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HushH
It screams like a raped ape too. Killer setup you have. Congrats.

Thanks. Your car sounds pretty damn good as well. I love CTS-Vs.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love to.. Give me a call on my cell and let me know when I can drop by.

Ron

Originally Posted by shankels94ta
hey if y'all feel the need to validate your dyno results on an "independent" chassis dyno, this one has been maxed out (at 1800!!) to everything in between. we call it a lie detector just a thought....and we are only 45min from cumming...you know who

Old 06-15-2007, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

hey if y'all feel the need to validate your dyno results on an "independent" chassis dyno, this one has been maxed out (at 1800!!) to everything in between. we call it a lie detector just a thought....and we are only 45min from cumming...you know who

Is that Lynch's car?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, i know its a mustang but one of the most powerful EFI gasoline cars in the world....
Old 06-16-2007, 04:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by electronbluec5
Thanks. Your car sounds pretty damn good as well. I love CTS-Vs.

Car went to dynolab today and made 618RWHP

I know Ron posted the new Dynolab graph somewhere.

Looks like that Vengeance dyno is not so high. Infact might be a bit low
Old 06-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Welp I guess all the non belivers don't have much to say now do they?

Great Job guys, all I can say is one of these days mine will be there for you to massage...I just have to get mine first.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Im lost, I thought that there were several with just a cam and full bolt ons making 550rwhp. So you guys found about 50 or so rwhp with about another $6K or more invested? Not trying to be a total skeptic and I have never messed with these cars so I have no clue. Just curious. Kind of like I am skeptical about spending $1500 plus for heads for an LS1 to gain 30rwhp at the very very most. Id just use bigger jets, lol.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by juiced_z28
Im lost, I thought that there were several with just a cam and full bolt ons making 550rwhp. So you guys found about 50 or so rwhp with about another $6K or more invested? Not trying to be a total skeptic and I have never messed with these cars so I have no clue. Just curious. Kind of like I am skeptical about spending $1500 plus for heads for an LS1 to gain 30rwhp at the very very most. Id just use bigger jets, lol.

there is a limit to how much you can jet it up, for example you pull up to a 550rwhp with a 150 shot, you're at 400rwhp and need 300 more...

Definitely a badass car, sounds nice with straightpipes...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

I dont know what you are talking about. Im saying just the difference in stepping up to a good set of heads and intake as opposed to just running stock heads and intake with a cam, free flowing exhaust, and other full bolt ons. Seems to me there is not much more than maybe 50ish rwhp to gain with an expensive intake and heads. Im talking two of the exact same engine, just one without high dollar heads and all that. Im just not seeing the big deal about these power numbers with that many cubic inches, those heads and all of the money in this setup.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Launching!

As I have learned over the years peak numbers are great, they are a good benchmark to judge by, but what gets over looked all to often is the area under the curve.
With a larger cube motor you have the ability to build more power sooner and keep it there. Basicly stated; yes I am sure you can make 500 wheel hp in a 346, however if you were to make the same power out of a 427 the car would be quicker in most areas due to the fact that at any given RPM aside from the point of peak power you will make more hp and torque across the board.

So yes peak power is nice, but when you get to a point where you are making 500 lb-ft of tq at 3000 rpm all the way to 7000rpm you have a car that can get up and go in a hurry and does not require you to wind it out to get there.

I hope I explained that in a coherent and understandable way...I have a tendency to over complicate explanations
Old 06-17-2007, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juiced_z28
I dont know what you are talking about. Im saying just the difference in stepping up to a good set of heads and intake as opposed to just running stock heads and intake with a cam, free flowing exhaust, and other full bolt ons. Seems to me there is not much more than maybe 50ish rwhp to gain with an expensive intake and heads. Im talking two of the exact same engine, just one without high dollar heads and all that. Im just not seeing the big deal about these power numbers with that many cubic inches, those heads and all of the money in this setup.
Um no, there aren't any 550rwhp cam only cars out there I have no idea what the hell you are smoking.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

As far as I know the most whp out of a street driven h/c 346 is about 520whp.

The most I have seen with a cam only car is 565whp. When that car was dynoed at Vengeance they overlaid in onto my h/c graph and even though the peak #s were very close I would have walked all over him due to the peakyness of his power. I don't have the graphs here but maybe I can get Ron to send them to me so I can post them up.

Greg
Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, i know its a mustang but one of the most powerful EFI gasoline cars in the world....
I saw it on Horsepower the other day. Quickest Outlaw car in the world running 6.966 @ 207.43.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Um no, there aren't any 550rwhp cam only cars out there I have no idea what the hell you are smoking.
I think he's talking about the LS7.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I think he's talking about the LS7.

So if he is talking about the LS7 then why is he making an argument about cost? I spent less money doing what I did than if I had bought a LS7 crate motor. Less money, more power. I don't see what the problem is.

Greg
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

electron, badass results man. To hell with the douchebags. There's always going to be people, that usually have nothing, talking trash about someone else's badass setup.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
UPDATE!!! 603/542 on PUMP GAS!!!! Thats 712 CRANK Horsepower

We are tuning a customers Z06 we just finished up... Thought the results were fairly impressive so far

LS7 440 cubic inch shortblock
TrickFlow 235cc Cylinder Heads
Vengeance Racing CUSTOM camshaft(.596 lift I&E)
FAST 90 Port Matched
LS2 90
VeraRam Induction
KOOKS Longtubes w/catted X pipe
STOCK Z06 Catback
STOCK MAF
Pump Gas
Full Belts

OK for you smartasses. I am talking about this engine build compared to the numerous "cam only" LS7's out there making mid 5 hundreds on the dyno. Im not trying to bash or sound like a know it all. Im just saying, with a set of heads and the probably necessary high dollar intake Im just not sure that I personally would consider the results worth the money to take the car to the next level. I do know that it would not be possible to make this much power all motor without the parts/combination that is being discussed in the original post. Maybe I was not clear in saying what I was trying to get across as my opinion. I posted with the intention of some criticism but also figure some other people would agree that the extra 50ish rwhp would not be worth the thousands of dollars it took to get there. I am in no way saying this is not a badass setup or that they had excellent results. I just believe that LSX based engines do very well on stock heads and intake and dont have as much to gain as an old school SBC or SBF with a nicer set of heads.

Good job anyway guys, just stating my thoughts. I was under the assumption that this thread was about the LS7 engine, so that was the numbers I was comparing.

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing 440 LS7/TrickFlow 235s Preliminary results...