Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

384 Stroker dyno

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Ah I see. And to that link you posted I am sure the difference you see on those new heads has to do with the increased deck of the Edelbrock heads. I was reading is it .750" thick. that would cause the bottom of the ports to show up more when the manifold is placed on. For a budget setup you are pretty much where you need to be on the hp and tq. I have seen a lot of setups do worse than your numbers depending on the application and parts selected.
Do you think that step up is affecting velocity,power/torque output?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say you need to try bleeding the system a little more. I have this problem all the time. Each time I bleed it with the mity-vac it gets better. Buy one and try it. They are only like 25 or 30 bucks from harbor freight.
I put a small piece of clear hose on the bleeder valve then slide it over the tube on the mity vac. Have some one stand up there and just poor the fluid in while your pumping it out the bottom. Keep emptying the cup on the vac and doing it again. I will do this like 3 or 4 times.
On the last cycle, reach up there and hand tighten the valve with the hose. Then take the hose off and tighten the valve better with the ratchet.

See if this does not help your problems.

Quick Reply: 384 Stroker dyno