Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

stock 2008 Viper just dynoed 545 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^LOL, no problem. Maybe I'm just bitter because you beat a Viper and the one I race got me by a car, lol. Then again, I raced one with 50 more hp and it was from a roll...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
^LOL, no problem. Maybe I'm just bitter because you beat a Viper and the one I race got me by a car, lol. Then again, I raced one with 50 more hp and it was from a roll...
And thats why I sold the Camaro and own a M6 LS1, ive already met my prior goal.

http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/~scr...ith%20Mods.WMV

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I bet the viper doesn't get anywhere as good as gas mileage as the new Z06 does
Dumb statement. Do you really think gas prices matter if you can afford a Viper? Mine gets 25 mpg on the highway, that 3.08 gear and 6-speed come in handy. If you are concerned about gas prices, please sell your f-body and visit Hondaforums.

first its a 3 year difference
Same excuse works both ways. The 2006 Z06 came out 3 yrs after the 2003 SRT10 Viper. So, are you saying unless both vehicles are brand new and are released on the same year, they aren't valid to compare? That is somewhat absurd. HP wars between companies are a GOOD thing, we as enthusiasts reap the most rewards for this.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Dumb statement. Do you really think gas prices matter if you can afford a Viper?
Just b/c you can afford something expensive doesn't mean that you like/want to waste more money on gas than you have to. I would think it would actually be the opposite line of logic... you've spent so much on the car, you'd rather not spend any more money unnecessarily. Personally (and obviously not representing the population of people who can afford expensive cars), I'd go for something with a bit less hp (when we're talking the difference of 550 and 600hp) for the better mileage.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

WTF...mileage? who carreesssssssssssssssssssss
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

All that money and I should be able to wax both of those cars with my fully restored, painted, and prettied up LQ4 Datsun with a total amount invested of ......... drum roll please..

6 Grand.

I see people buying a C6 Z06 for 75K and I just laugh. Their wallets = pwnt.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Yeah, gas mileage should not be brought up with cars like these.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Internet Mechanic

Like a SL 65 Mercedes Benz
Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Just b/c you can afford something expensive doesn't mean that you like/want to waste more money on gas than you have to. I would think it would actually be the opposite line of logic... you've spent so much on the car, you'd rather not spend any more money unnecessarily.
Wow. That is an absurd train of thought. If someone was that much of a tightwad about gas prices, do you honestly think they would dump $100,000 for a Viper? You do realize that if gas prices go up 20 cents a gallon, that only impacts your yearly fuel bill about $300, if you drive the average 15K miles per year. Do the math. That is less than 1/4 of a single monthly payment for a Viper, lol. If you were that much of a cheap *** tightwad, you wouldn't spend ANY money on these toy cars or things you enjoy. I can assure you that someone doesn't just decide to spend $100K on an extra vehicle and then run out of gas money

All that money and I should be able to wax both of those cars with my fully restored, painted, and prettied up LQ4 Datsun with a total amount invested of ......... drum roll please.. 6 Grand. I see people buying a C6 Z06 for 75K and I just laugh. Their wallets = pwnt.
It is all relative. To some people $6K might be a lot of money. To some people, that is like $6 bucks. Why should someone spend as little money as possible to roll around in a ~cough~ Datsun if they can afford the cars they want? Maybe they do not want a Datsun? Maybe they want an Enzo? Different goals for different people. I remember thinking I was a badass for having a budget bomber that could beat expensive cars too. I grew out of that after I finished college and could actually afford those nice cars. If anything, I'd see someone rolling around in a Datsun and I'd think THEY were the ones that their wallets = OWNED.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 AM

The mentality of alot of the people who buy expensive cars doesn't have anything to do with the actual performance. Alot of them aren't really into cars, they just want to show the world how much money they have. Obviously there are exeptions, but it's those people who scratch their heads when they get beat by a budget bomber. To each his own though.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
a "budget bomber"

Thats a damn good description of some of the cars out there and even funnier when they smash a potentially faster and more expensive car
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...er-598-rw.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StWJT_QJu6Q
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Thats a damn good description of some of the cars out there and even funnier when they smash a potentially faster and more expensive car
Why is it funnier? Do you honestly think that someone who spent 1.5 million on an Enzo cares if some 9-second Yugo shitbox just walked him? Nope. He isn't the one rolling around in a Yugo.

I think some of your perspectives will change with increases in salary, give it a few years. I remember thinking 225hp 5.0 Mustangs and Datsun 280z's were the **** too. Also, don't assume people with expensive hotrods aren't car guys, most of the ones I've met are just car guys with bigger budgets. I grew up broke.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Why is it funnier? Do you honestly think that someone who spent 1.5 million on an Enzo cares if some 9-second Yugo shitbox just walked him? Nope. He isn't the one rolling around in a Yugo.

I think some of your perspectives will change with increases in salary, give it a few years. I remember thinking 225hp 5.0 Mustangs and Datsun 280z's were the **** too. Also, don't assume people with expensive hotrods aren't car guys, most of the ones I've met are just car guys with bigger budgets. I grew up broke.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 AM

No one said it would be funny to the guy driving the expensive car

And I wouldn't say that the majority of the guys driving expensive cars are "car guys." There are definitely some, but not the majority. Then again "expensive" is a relative term.

Also, you talk like everyone here is making $25K an year and well on their way to making $100k plus. Like we're all gonna wake up one day and say, damn, what have I been doing liking my non-expensive car? I must have been out of my mind. There are some people who can afford a "nicer" car but choose to enjoy a car that doesn't cost $90K. Like I said, to each his own. As long as what you got makes you happy then it's all good. If your thing is to spank Vipers with a 9 second Yugo, then have at it. That doesn't warrant talking down to the guy, just like I wouldn't talk down to a guy because he chose to spend $90K on his Viper. However, I will say that a guy with a Viper doesn't expect to get beat by much, so when it happens it'll make him notice, whether he likes the car or not. Just like if a Civic beats me. I may not like the car, and I may joke that at the end of the day he's still driving a civic, but I'm damn sure gonna take notice, and give the guy props for building a fast *** car.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 12-13-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. That is an absurd train of thought.
Right. Absolutely absurd train of thought to realize the importance of saving even the small amount of $300 a year.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Teching In

I hope gas goes to 5 buck a gal. maybe less shitboxs on the road and you can drive faster.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Internet Mechanic

My perspective will not change. I grew up broke as well. I know what it is to not be able to buy the nicest, newest car out there. I will make more money but still, I will enjoy the hobby.

I myself never assume anything until I meet the guy, if he is a nice guy or a douche it doesnt matter, I am the underdog and I take a personal enjoyment when I can beat something I couldn't own myself.

I find humor in that, but thats me and I am not saying that everyone should be like me.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn it looks like there is a new Sheriff in town! I have to hand it to the Viper, **** with all the mods I have I only have 520rwhp and 565 RWTQ. And now a factory car has more hp to the tire! I can't wait to see one in the mid 10's which is what it should run!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am fortunate enough to be fairly well off, and I still like bang for the buck. It doesn't mean I am an idiot, it just means that I am addicted to speed and thats the most important thing. My brother has a Bentley Continental GTC and its fast, but he knows I would blow him off the road. He bought the car to look good, and performance was important to him but not as much as the prestige of owning a Bentley.

And I like owning American, for me it feels like being part of a club to own a Viper or Vette.

Quick Reply: stock 2008 Viper just dynoed 545 rwhp