Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

stock 2008 Viper just dynoed 545 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Why is it funnier? Do you honestly think that someone who spent 1.5 million on an Enzo cares if some 9-second Yugo shitbox just walked him? Nope. He isn't the one rolling around in a Yugo.

I think some of your perspectives will change with increases in salary, give it a few years. I remember thinking 225hp 5.0 Mustangs and Datsun 280z's were the **** too. Also, don't assume people with expensive hotrods aren't car guys, most of the ones I've met are just car guys with bigger budgets. I grew up broke.
First statement is very true. The second one will be true for many people also, but not all. I fit into the category that I could afford just about any american car, and I still have my Camaro. I spend over $20K last year on it in mods alone, all cash out of my pocket, in addition to the payment. So yeah, I can afford what I want to drive, but I choose my Camaro, because it is what I like, and that is what every one should choose based on. Not what everyone else thinks that a person of $xxxxxx income should drive.

As far as the new viper, yeah they are are wicked off the floor and have almost unlimited mod potential, but I would still personally rather have a Camaro or Vette. As a matter of fact, my next toy will be a Vette
Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definately own a Viper if I has the means, but I don't. I also love ratty *** looking sleepers. People will always defend what they can afford. Who cares?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Right. Absolutely absurd train of thought to realize the importance of saving even the small amount of $300 a year.
Talking about 'saving money' and owning a Viper in the same sentence is the absurd thing. Talk about opposite extremes. If you buy a Viper, you obviously don't make a habit of 'saving money' on your car related purchases. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Lets say you come across 10 million in your name soon. Maybe win a lotto perhaps. Then you go and say f-ck it and buy 1 of every car you ever wanted.

Are you gonna cry about $300/year in gas price increases? Nope. Hell, in Europe gas is already $8/gallon. We have it easy here.

Anyways, this thread is retarded and needs to be closed. Now I remember why I rarely venture into the Dyno forum, too many bench racers that pretend they know everything.

Quick Reply: stock 2008 Viper just dynoed 545 rwhp