TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
My car is fairly heavy, weighs in at about 3450. /VIPRETR/Ycutouts009.jpg[/url]
Dar ya go.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kinda wheel/tire combo did you use to hit the 10 second run ?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

DA was about -1300, gotta love sea level racing in the winter. Wheel and tire combo is Centerline Warriors 15x4ish w/Kuhmo street radials and 15x8.5s with 275/50-15 BFG DRs, well worn. I launch real easy, as you can tell by the 1.6 60's but I make up for it rowing the gears. This swap was just a lark, I put it together as an emmissions combo and it turned out pretty good so I'll run it until it croaks. Here's a pic in drag trim (link)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...R/002-Copy.jpg

Larry
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

All I can say is, not too many 3400 lb 440 rwhp 10.80 cars out there. Something more than leaving "easy" going on there.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Yup, good DA, good track, good combination, and cough good driver cough. I also hear the dyno I used is on the conservative side. I'll be at Cecil County Dragway Friday night for the test and tune if anyone wants to see my pile up close, lol.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

That's awesome. That is where I made my first passes ever. I was stationed in Philly in the shipyard from 93-95 and lived in Wilmington. Kind of wonder why we moved down to Raleigh when I got out. Great street scene there, fun track. I had a 95 Formula Firebird 6 speed hardtop that I ran 14.1's @ 101 in 97 degree heat on my first day ever at the track. It felt good to show car magazines that they sucked. (As did I with 2.20-2.30 60 fts spinning and backpedaling).
Old 10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Pretty strong car you got there man and mainly you back it up with a damn good ET 'n MPH

Just curious what Suspensions & chassis mods does she has ?!

peace
Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Youre having some of the highest numbers I've seen in a while and you dont even have ported heads!! And not the biggest cam too..Incredible results if you ask me!

A lot of plp are having hard time going over 4xxrwhp with ported 241s..I guess the Fast is helping you a lot on a perfect combo! Lucky you!!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Back from the dead, lol. Let's see. Suspension/Chassis mods are Hotchkis rear control arms and panhard bar that I had on 2 other cars before this, Strano springs, and some Bilstein HDs I've had sitting around for 9 years. I have a bunch of stuff I never installed like a chassis mounted CM BMR torque arm and a CM Wolfe 6 point bar. I just bought a UMI TA relocation bracket so I can use a longer stock style arm and not lose any ground clearance.

As far as the dyno numbers are concerned, I really didn't care too much about them. I just used them to quantify my gains vs. mods and tuning, which is about all dynos are good for anyway
Since these numbers I have ported my FAST and switched to Edelbrock race stepped headers and I just bought HP Tuners Pro. Unfortunately the shop that had the dyno I was using was burned up by an arsonist so I don't know if they will be back in business before I change my setup again (going turbo).

Most people don't seem to realize that it's not about the biggest cam or baddest heads, it's all about optimizing your combination. Sure, if you have the biggest cam and best heads, if you take the time to sort it out it will be effing sick. Just look at all the crazy cam only times for guys with monster cams. Thousands of people run the exact same grinds and struggle to break into the mid 11s. Oh, and the box stock FAST and NW TB gained me .5mph all by itself with no additional tuning on stock 241 heads. Thanks guys,

Larry
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
jfm
10 Second Club

"Most people don't seem to realize that it's not about the biggest cam or baddest heads, it's all about optimizing your combination."[Quote]
Your numbers add up right on.Congrats on a well thought out ride.

Right on the money.The 99 SS made only 327RWHP but went 11.62@115.4 back in 02 as a bolt on only car at 3350 lbs.Always expected that the car would go 11.2 or 11.3 bolt on,but got the heads cam bug.
Looking for 9s,stock bottom end heads,cam this November at 3000 Lb.race weight.Oh and a few more HP have been added.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 885 Likes on 631 Posts

I know this is an old thread. Do you still have this setup? Did you ever change it? I bought a set of TEA ported 5.3 1.5 heads. I hadn't planned on getting a FAST intake but it seems to work well with your setup.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Ha, the only reason I saw this is because someone else PMed me about my setup and I was directing him to this thread. I still have pretty much the same exact setup, I've been busy with other stuff. I did change out the headers to Edelbrock stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 headers and their Y-pipe. I also ported my FAST, but I didn't make any changes to the tune. I pulled a new best mph of 128.25 but only went 10.9 with a 1.59 60'. That was right off the highway after an hour+ drive and they were rushing me trying to close and busting my *** for no rollbar, lol. I did go back after the roll bar but I was having issues hooking due to the super stiff chassis and road race suspension. My car actually loses mph when I spin.

I was planning on installing my Racetronix fuel pump/hotwire kit, 42lb. injectors, dyno tune, and a 150rwhp HSW dry plate kit but I broke my toe middle of August and I'm just cleared to go back to work tomorrow (bad effing break) so I couldn't wrench on it ( I can't even press the gas pedal hard!). My injector DC was at ~126% on stock stuff.

I was going to try to install LS7 rockers for a small boost but there is no easy or cheap way to fix the geometry issues and I don't want to screw up my LS6 valves so I scrapped that idea for now. I did pick up another set of LS6 243s to have ported after I hit my current goals.

My goal is to hit 130mph on motor and then spray it and then throw ported heads on it. I think that about covers everything for now. It's probably best to PM with questions though since I don't keep tabs on this thread.

Larry
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
Ha, the only reason I saw this is because someone else PMed me about my setup and I was directing him to this thread. I still have pretty much the same exact setup, I've been busy with other stuff. I did change out the headers to Edelbrock stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 headers and their Y-pipe. I also ported my FAST, but I didn't make any changes to the tune. I pulled a new best mph of 128.25 but only went 10.9 with a 1.59 60'. That was right off the highway after an hour+ drive and they were rushing me trying to close and busting my *** for no rollbar, lol. I did go back after the roll bar but I was having issues hooking due to the super stiff chassis and road race suspension. My car actually loses mph when I spin.

I was planning on installing my Racetronix fuel pump/hotwire kit, 42lb. injectors, dyno tune, and a 150rwhp HSW dry plate kit but I broke my toe middle of August and I'm just cleared to go back to work tomorrow (bad effing break) so I couldn't wrench on it ( I can't even press the gas pedal hard!). My injector DC was at ~126% on stock stuff.

I was going to try to install LS7 rockers for a small boost but there is no easy or cheap way to fix the geometry issues and I don't want to screw up my LS6 valves so I scrapped that idea for now. I did pick up another set of LS6 243s to have ported after I hit my current goals.

My goal is to hit 130mph on motor and then spray it and then throw ported heads on it. I think that about covers everything for now. It's probably best to PM with questions though since I don't keep tabs on this thread.

Larry

larry, and you are running the " band aid cam" right? LOL!!

Quick Reply: LS6, TR230 cam only 440rwhp