Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Any more TFS "as cast" #'s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian @ KYTP
LOL...Well I have had 3 LS1 cars with 4 different motor setups. I have a new carrier, gear, bearings, and axles in it. I run on drag radials and have had 50+ passes on my first setup that went low 1.5's on drag radials. Who knows how long it'll last?
Haha, that's awesome. I wouldn't expect even a "built" 10-bolt to hold anywhere near 50 passes cutting 1.5 60's, but I guess I wouldn't be complaining.

And I would imagine the auto aspect isn't hurting you as bad as an M6 would, either.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLSS
That's me.

The cam spec is 228/230 .585/.585 112 lsa. It is the TFS Stage 3 cam made by Lunati...

The car has great street manners... The wife and I can hop in and drive anywhere... it's docile until you step on it... And I can still put it in 6th gear on the interstate at 75mph and the car goes almost silent and is dead smooth.

Right now the car is making 430whp/410wtq (SAE corrected) on a dynojet through cats. The area under the curve is fat too.

If I can install a fast 92/92, pulley and re-tune the car and make ~450whp I'll be very happy. And this should be a respectable number for a small cam and as-cast heads...

I like the #'s alot with the cam you are running i am Running a big cam and stock 243 but i have a fast 90/90 and ewp and pulley. but nice setup must be alot of fun to drive
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
I like the #'s alot with the cam you are running i am Running a big cam and stock 243 but i have a fast 90/90 and ewp and pulley. but nice setup must be alot of fun to drive

Thanks.

It's a blast to drive.

I'm currently looking at an electric water pump, pulley and of course the fast intake...

I purchased everything from Mike at TEA. He was great to work with. I highly recommend calling him for these heads. He gave me a great deal on the heads and on the cam and parts for the swap as well...