Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Our latest 403....532 rwhp/491 tq

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Welcome to LS1tech. If you had posted up 1500RWHP there's always an "expert" that will chime in on how you did it wrong...

Enjoy the car. If it makes you happy - you're good!
The car is fun as hell to play with, seams fast enough. We will just need to get it to the track to see how the overall package is going to work. I'm sure its a 10 sec car just like everybody else has, just ask them they seen it in the movies. You also know how Ed's Dynojet reads lower than anybody else's out there (that I know of, which is several shops that we dyno'd at)

It just rubs me the wrong way when someone is talking out of their ***! How much does a twin disk clutch weigh even with a aluminum flywheel (more than the billet steel flywheel/single disk clutch from the same manufacture).
Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bird
How much does a twin disk clutch weigh even with a aluminum flywheel (more than the billet steel flywheel/single disk clutch from the same manufacture).
I know the RAM DD in mine weighs about the same as a single disk with a billet flywheel - maybe a little heavier. On par with an LS6 setup.

What clutch are you running?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I know the RAM DD in mine weighs about the same as a single disk with a billet flywheel - maybe a little heavier. On par with an LS6 setup.

What clutch are you running?
The same Ram twin disk vs. the Ram Powergrip HD/Ram billet flywheel.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well we put the car on the local college Mustang dyno and wasn't able to get a full pull due to the 141 mph limit that is in the software they have there. They bought the all wheel drive dyno as a tool for the instructor's to teach & test diagnois problems on rather than for getting HP #'s (technically we are breaking the college policy right now, but what the hell). At 6100 rpm his max Non-SAE numbers were 410 RWHP (the power was still increasing at this point) & 410 RWTQ. The local elevation here is 5300 ft., I didn't have a weather station to get today's corrected elevation. Usually the corrected elevation here is 6800 plus ft. I will try to get a emailed copy of the graph ASAP to look at. I am really interested in looking at the air fuel ratio graph as his car is running pig rich in the current SD tune. My freind is suspecting it is around 9:1 AFR, as this is where his 94' Supra is right now with the tune on it from Pheonix, AZ (1800 ft elevation).

Quick Reply: Our latest 403....532 rwhp/491 tq