Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Bolt On Numbers Before And After

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bolt On Numbers Before And After

ok i know there are alot of these but this os one i documented on a SAE corrected dyno...... i have a 2002 M6 and at the time it had a flowmaster muffler and K&N filtercharger and it put down 325rwhp.....

a few weeks later i put on pacesetter long tubes and off road pipe which deleted the cats and it put down 348rwhp..... well after that the same day i had a granatelli MAF and wanted to try it out before i bought it to make sure the old myth wasnt right that it dont do anything....... and sure enough if actually killed my power and brought me down to about 330rwhp from 348rwhp..... now the car has not been tuned so maybe it was from the LTs already leaning it out enough and the MAF just leaned it out so much it lost power or it just sucks.....eitehr way do not use an after market MAF if you only have bolt ons unless you have it on a dyno and they can see if they can tune it to make more power!

hopefully this helps some people not waste $300 thinking a MAF helps at all.... but soon i am gonna tune again cause i got that nasty flowmaster and put a magnaflow catback from maryland speed and is GREAT! i cant belive i ever used anything else but this..... and dealing with maryland speed was great to and i will use them as long as they are around! but i will post new number to see what the maganflow has over the flowmaster cause i could swear that it breaks the tires lose in places that it didnt before.... keep posted! jake
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

I never liked the Grantatelli maf your not the 1st one to lose power from it.

But numbers before the Maf are great with Magnaflow the car will be close to 360rwhp with good tune.

Good luck.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah im wanting to put that powerbond pully on first before i tune it.... i just like the idea if being able to do some simple bolt ons and have around the same power as supercharged cobras cause im thinking i can get this thing pretty close to 380rwhp if i do the fast92 intake/TB combo, pully, and tune
Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

GMS [ Grantatelli ] = Power loss/ failure. I never hear anything good about them. I'm surprised they're still in business with the rep they have
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yah to the O.P. great numbers! Try to sell that GMS product to someone lol
Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 PM
MASS seller approved

ya this guy i know after i told him not to he bought a 400 granetelli maf and a 400 and something hypertech
Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats why i dynoed it first before i bought it! LOL i gave it right back after i took it off the dyno..... i basicly dyno the car anytime i want cause my good freind races bush series and has a dyno at the race shop.....its nice to be able to just take your car to the dyno each time you put a new bolt on on the car to see exactly what it did.... i also do it to post up so people know for theyre own info
Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Well as they say, A fool and his money are soon departed! I research the crap out of a mod before I buy it. I think it's the people with money to burn that just buy whatever because it says it produces 'x' amount of hp.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
ya this guy i know after i told him not to he bought a 400 granetelli maf and a 400 and something hypertech
LOL i cant belive hypertech is still in business
Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Some people swear by Hypertech. They must have great marketing?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are a few pics of the silverbullet project as i like to call it LOL and the LS11 is basicly just stock but i love it cause it gets great gas mileage and hauls but! i took it to the track and it went 8.5 at 89mph on 245 crap tires and was not getting the best traction..... if i could actually hook it on street tires it would probly go an 8.30ish give or take a few
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Man those are 2 clean cars. I love these LS based cars. When I turned 18 I was looking at cars and I wanted an SS but had to settle for a Mustang. I then had about 4 of those, but I finanlly found a LS1 car to my liking and price range. All I can say is I don't know why I didn't come to the Dark side sooner Ha! Btw when I say Dark Side I mean no disrespect. I've always liked Chevy's more than Ford's overall I would just never admit it
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

I would like to do a 70 Chevelle with a 454 LSX
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey no harm done.....i come from a forum that is really tough on you..... you gotta have tough skin, sometimes i give in though LOL but yeah i like fords too and have had a 97GT when i was younger but when you can put longtubes and an airfilter and have damn close to 400hp.... at the flywheel thats doing something! mustangs have never been able to do something like that... well until they put a freakin blower on the car.... then you put a pully on them and they haul but still you are using forged induction and of course its gonna be fast as hell! im a GM man cause to me they always had more class.... i mean look at the corvette, its pure excitement! go get a LS1 and put a few bolt ons and go run some mid to low 8s at the local 8th mile drag strip on street tires!

dont get me wrong though i love a good old 1992 LX coupe 5.0 or a 03 cobra with those suede seats and that blower pumping out that power....but all around GM has it in the bag! i just cant beilive they stopped making such a perfect muscle car for those few years.... i never understood that ut i think it was sales pitch to get everyone all riled up and then throw the new syle camaro at ya and everyone is gonna want one!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Yea I was sad when they killed the Camaro. Hopefully this time they market it a little bit better and keep it somewhat closer to the Mustangs price. Unfortunately most people are scared of high HP cars. It also doesn't help that pop culture is all about the imports for the most part. It's funny some people think I just bought my car and ask if it's a newer model.