Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

best place to get a dyno tune in eastern SC/NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Is it Jordan performance in Conway. Just wondering, they do build alot of circle track and drag racing engines. I did not know they were EFI tuners if it's them. The have one helluva good rep for power.
Old 03-30-2008 | 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluebeast
i have to say even though the situation that occured CAM is still doing a good job at tuning, i have been there on 3 ocassions with no problems.... there is some local guys around the upstate as well that tune LSX cars.....vengance in atlanta is a good place too!

Have you lost your mind??? CAM is a ******* joke and a lying bastard. do not waste your time with them..... I dont see how Creech is still in business.
Old 03-30-2008 | 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverbeast
Have you lost your mind??? CAM is a ******* joke and a lying bastard. do not waste your time with them..... I dont see how Creech is still in business.

well he asked about a tune, he does still tune a car well..... if he asked where to leave his car for labor i wouldnt have said CAM..... i just gave a few options cause honestly if i lived close to CAM and knew what happened i would still go there just to keep from driving hours to some place else, i just wouldnt leave my car there.... but ya man i agree with what you say, that was total BS that happened with that turbo car
Old 04-02-2008 | 07:07 PM
Launching!

When I was in the business, I had several customer cars tuned at CAM back in the day (talking 03-05ish) and he did a great job. From all counts things have changed there, and its unfortunate.

That being said, Ive known Nick Williams since long before he was a household name in the LSX community, had some work done on my Z by him when he just did such on the side. He is quiet and unassuming, but extremely intelligent and utterly professional. In all my time spent playing with, working on, and dealing in fast cars, I never came across a more competent individual. I would trust him with any vehicle of mine, any time.
Old 04-02-2008 | 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

I vote CAM, **** happens, Jeff did good work for me on Tunes.
Old 04-03-2008 | 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PHANTA-Z
When I was in the business, I had several customer cars tuned at CAM back in the day (talking 03-05ish) and he did a great job. From all counts things have changed there, and its unfortunate.

That being said, Ive known Nick Williams since long before he was a household name in the LSX community, had some work done on my Z by him when he just did such on the side. He is quiet and unassuming, but extremely intelligent and utterly professional. In all my time spent playing with, working on, and dealing in fast cars, I never came across a more competent individual. I would trust him with any vehicle of mine, any time.
Well said.
Old 04-03-2008 | 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say Mike Borkowski (WS6FirebirdTA00). It's not his full time job, but he tends to be cheaper than some of the others, and he has re-tuned some of the other named tuners work, and made more power, better peformance, and driveability. He has people come to him from 3-4 states away now. He can tune on the street or on the dyno, but he will tune part throttle, and full throttle all the way to redline, and be sure that it's perfect before you leave. He is in Concord, NC. My cam only numbers should speak for themselves.
Old 04-10-2008 | 07:05 AM
Teching In

+1 for RPM and PCM4LESS both does good work! PCM4LESS did my impala and RPM will be doing my caddy!
Old 04-11-2008 | 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fast GTO
I agree, same here
Old 04-12-2008 | 09:29 AM
Restricted User

Wiggins Performance is great to deal with. That man can dial in a tune.
Old 04-12-2008 | 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast GTO
**** happens?????? I guess when he pulled a gun on a customer after he fucked his car up that was just **** happening, huh? Or when my buddies car was down there it got broke into and had **** stolen but nothing else was taken in the entire shop....not one tool,not one thing from any other car, that was just **** happening too huh? Or wait, when the girls vete was left in his care he let his help joy ride the car and when he wrecked it and destroyed it that was just **** happening also huh. you guys need to get off his ******* sack and open your eyes.
Old 04-12-2008 | 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I agree, same here
read my post above.
Old 04-12-2008 | 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverbeast
read my post above.

Doesn't change the fact that I personally had a good experience and that he went above and beyond what I would have expected of a tuner.
Old 04-12-2008 | 11:44 AM
On The Tree

RPM has done my tunes and installs. They are a cool group of guys and do awesome work.

Quick Reply: best place to get a dyno tune in eastern SC/NC