Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Macs to ARH 1 7/8 headers, stock motor - DYNO before and after

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
No leaks here. Collectors are welded perfectly. If you didn't check the welds over before you install them, that's on you. In 3 or 4 years of QTP's history, there have been what, 3 threads about leaking collectors out of thousands sold?

But still not as much as 1 3/4's. The 1 7/8 headers push the torque curve up too high. You're not going to be able to rev high enough to make use of the extra airflow. We don't have S2000's here, we have cars that redline at 6,000 rpms. The point of the V8 motor is torque throughout the powerband. Why you'd want to kill your torque curve with headers far too big for the application is beyond me.
So which has more bottom end 1 3/4's or 17/8?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyderTA
Just one thing fellas, it's still a basically stock motor so gains may increase greatly with mods. Just throwing that out there.
X2 the gains will grow once he's heads and cam
Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Another thing to keep in mind thats been said in other threads is that you should quit dyno racing. Other people have claimed they lost numbers on a dyno but pick up time at the track. Dont worry about making a dyno queen. These cars are built for speed, not numbers.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blk_Ws6
So which has more bottom end 1 3/4's or 17/8?
1 3/4's should.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Blah blah blah blay blah blah blah blah You are so predictable Everybody on here is tired of your on QTP.I had a pair and the QC (welds) sucked so I got rid rid of them before I put them on. You take that risk with Chinese ****. Why dont you and go to LS1.com and hangout with the rest of the teenagers
So how queit is your exhaust set up I see your headers are catted and you have a hooker exhaust thats the set up I was going to use but I need it to be as queit as possible you see.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Nothing scientific here, but I have gone a little bit quicker after installing a set of QTP 1 7/8th's with the HVMC's. 11.360 to 11.319 and my MPH went up in the 1/8th and just a little bit in the 1/4. I may not have enough cam, which I soon hope to rectify.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

my 1 7/8 headers with leaky 3.5 collectors traps 125 mph cam only and makes more torque than any other cam only car that been on our dyno. I think hell survive Theres a whole lot less to headers than people put into them. They usually screw up everything behind the header enough it doesnt matter anyway.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildheart
Nothing scientific here, but I have gone a little bit quicker after installing a set of QTP 1 7/8th's with the HVMC's. 11.360 to 11.319 and my MPH went up in the 1/8th and just a little bit in the 1/4. I may not have enough cam, which I soon hope to rectify.
Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
my 1 7/8 headers with leaky 3.5 collectors traps 125 mph cam only and makes more torque than any other cam only car that been on our dyno. I think hell survive Theres a whole lot less to headers than people put into them. They usually screw up everything behind the header enough it doesnt matter anyway.
These posts pretty much says it all. Gains made from 1 7/8 headers. I've seen Granny's car run at the track many times, it's a beast.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah but Bill, my car weighs 2900 lbs somehow with a full leather interior it doesn t actually make any power!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11 second beast ...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Your "08 mods - 400 lbs putting on 105mm TB after saying how dumb it was for others to do so making 70 hp more etc etc" and going slower is even more beast.

Ill add stuff to mine, change nothing and go faster and drive my **** whenever I want, you take out hundreds of pounds change everything drag it to the track on trailer and go slower and make stupid comments like its your job. Kind of the opposite of what you said you always wanted to do with the car, but I could care less if you put a JATO on the car and went 12s with it, you do what you want with your terd. Im doing exactly what I said I would with mine, so why do you care so much for the 76th time?

So yeah, the world isnt over, your car will run just fine with those headers. LOTS of people have theories that just dont work in practice! I see examples all around
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
11 second beast ...
Do a search for username "grannyshifting" every hour on the hour?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Do a search for username "grannyshifting" every hour on the hour?

No, just bored at work reading LS1Tech and came accross your post and thought it was funny.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:22 AM
9 Second Club

Your "08 mods - 400 lbs putting on 105mm TB after saying how dumb it was for others to do so making 70 hp more etc etc" and going slower is even more beast.

Ill add stuff to mine, change nothing and go faster and drive my **** whenever I want, you take out hundreds of pounds change everything drag it to the track on trailer and go slower and make stupid comments like its your job. Kind of the opposite of what you said you always wanted to do with the car, but I could care less if you put a JATO on the car and went 12s with it, you do what you want with your terd. Im doing exactly what I said I would with mine, so why do you care so much for the 76th time?
Cant you just come up with some whitty 1 liner? It always has to be a dissertation that you have to have the PSI decoder ring to read.

Anyway we were shooting for 300 lbs. and got 250 out.
A 105mm in front of that intake elbow is dumb. 70 more hp ...lmao!

It went 9.5 with your tune , 9.0 with ours and its been 148 this year on half the N20.

Let me know when your read for the real street race (meet anywhere, drive to the track and race without touching the cars) bring your purse.

BTW... I dont care just bored at work. ... ready for another 2am visit?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Im sorry reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.

Other people call it like they see it too - searching GrannySShifting comment, appraently Im not the only person who thinks you have a hard on for me.

If turning a fpr down and it went faster until it blew up a few passes later is tuning, then good tuning. Why you think I separated myself from the oncoming mess and told you in truck on the way to capitol its going to pop if trend maintains. If you have the tuning under control all the sudden hit it with the 2nd stage go some 8.40s and Ill give you a thumbs up. Youve got aftermarket PCM and a direct port, not like it wont do EXACTLY what you tell t to do, your not trying to fudge a stock PCM

As far as anything else, you all still matter 0 to anyone but yourselves. For all the **** youve talked abotu burbanmans "racecar" he asked me what yall were doing 3 or 4 tenths off his pace at Mason with the aftermarket computer vs his stocker, glide vs his 4L80E, sheetmetal intake vs his fast. Told him i dont know doesnt matter to me, my car only goes 11.0s so I wouldnt understand
Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
9 Second Club

Other people call it like they see it too - searching GrannySShifting comment, appraently Im not the only person who thinks you have a hard on for me.

If turning a fpr down and it went faster until it blew up a few passes later is tuning, then good tuning. Why you think I separated myself from the oncoming mess and told you in truck on the way to capitol its going to pop if trend maintains. If you have the tuning under control all the sudden hit it with the 2nd stage go some 8.40s and Ill give you a thumbs up. Youve got aftermarket PCM and a direct port, not like it wont do EXACTLY what you tell t to do, your not trying to fudge a stock PCM

As far as anything else, you all still matter 0 to anyone but yourselves. For all the **** youve talked abotu burbanmans "racecar" he asked me what yall were doing 3 or 4 tenths off his pace at Mason with the aftermarket computer vs his stocker, glide vs his 4L80E, sheetmetal intake vs his fast. Told him i dont know doesnt matter to me, my car only goes 11.0s so I wouldnt understand
It blew up(lifted ring lands) because it was to rich, which probably happened on the 1st pass (your tune) and we raced it hurt for the rest of the year. So by leaning it out (about 10psi total) we saved it from further damage.

Your high if you think it will go 8.4 that easy its still 3450lbs.

We have not had 2 years to iron it out like Chad has.
At least we know he is takin **** about us now. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

quit flaming on the internet, it is really really gay.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/1447...n-History.html

Last edited by mattrick; 07-17-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

No, just bored at work reading LS1Tech and came accross your post and thought it was funny.
What can I say? I like cars that are just like mine. Slow, cam only six speed cars.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Junkie

At least we know he is takin **** about us now. Thanks.
Well ACTUALLY he was just stating a fact and asked me whats up with it. I said I dont know dont care. Nto everyone has to talk **** to communicate.

At least everybody knows you talk **** about... everybody. Your "boys" or not doesnt seem to matter - some of the EFA clowns were right, some people just like to hear themselves. If you dont have anything a **** to say, fill up the blank space with ****! (mattrick jumps up to be a prime example. That made about as much sense as you of all people trying to tell someone their "whipped")

Giving this guy his thread back now... you dont rate

Last edited by GrannySShifting; 07-18-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Macs to ARH 1 7/8 headers, stock motor - DYNO before and after