Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

511 RWHP 430 RWTQ in a 346!!! WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Rob Z has a stock 5.7 shortblock in his Z06 and ran 10.30's with a Cartek setup, with the TFS 215's he went 10.20's @ 132-133, but Rob KNOWS how to get a car down the track and it's a light car, being a Z06.

BTW, Killer results, Enjoy!
I agree.
Awesome result(esp. thru 4.10's), your car will run some great numbers for sure. You made similar power to my car.

For comparison and to clarify:
I ran 10.4x's -10.5x's with old setup in -1200da

With my new setup and Trickflow 215 heads I already ran several 10.2x's in +800da and trapped 134.40mph.(105+ in the 1/8th).
Just a little bit of proof that tfs heads dyno strong and run strong.

Last edited by robz*; 06-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robz*
I agree.
Awesome result(esp. thru 4.10's), your car will run some great numbers for sure. You made similar power to my car.

I ran 10.4x's with old setup in -1200da

With my new setup and Trickflow 215 heads I ran several 10.2x's in +800da and trapped 134.40mph.(105+ in the 1/8th).
damn i wish i had -1200 da, damn lol
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by miami993c297
what i dont get is why you were telling (c5_ls1_6spd) anything about your car when he was asking me about my track times.....how could you have reasons and why I dont have track times in your thread???

As far as power curves go, if you looks at the numbers our graphs are totally different, my cam still makes power past 7100, your stops making power at about 6500, they both make good numbers, i just prefer mine.... but thanks for all your input... cheers mate!

Last edited by 2 fast motorsports; 06-17-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 fast motorsports
what i dont get is why you were telling (c5_ls1_6spd) anything about your car when he was asking me about my track times.....how could you have reasons and why I dont have track times in your thread???
He was asking about my track time, or something's wrong:

Quote:
Congratulations on the great combo you put together, you are matching my power but my little stock block is higher in torque...

Enjoy the ride!
Christian

any track times?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Launching!

oh alright i guess, its all good, dont worry!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

He was asking about my track time, or something's wrong:

Quote:
Congratulations on the great combo you put together, you are matching my power but my little stock block is higher in torque...

Enjoy the ride!
Christian

any track times?
your combo made more torque on a dynojet, which measures torque differently then a land sea dyno, and land and sea dyno actually measures torque directly with a torque arm mounted on the eddy current unit. dynojets measure horsepower and then calculates torque from the horsepower measurement, which in theory is *** backwards, but i am not going to get into flame war between dynos. but dyno torque numbers can be quite different between these two numbers, even though horsepower numbers are similar. who's to say that on dynojet he might make the same torque as you. i hope this ends this pissing match.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
your combo made more torque on a dynojet, which measures torque differently then a land sea dyno, and land and sea dyno actually measures torque directly with a torque arm mounted on the eddy current unit. dynojets measure horsepower and then calculates torque from the horsepower measurement, which in theory is *** backwards, but i am not going to get into flame war between dynos. but dyno torque numbers can be quite different between these two numbers, even though horsepower numbers are similar. who's to say that on dynojet he might make the same torque as you. i hope this ends this pissing match.
well the hp and tq. would have to be both off, you can't have one right and the other off, unless dynojet just doesnt know how to use a simple equation.

Justin
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
well the hp and tq. would have to be both off, you can't have one right and the other off, unless dynojet just doesnt know how to use a simple equation.

Justin
no comment about dynojet and explaining how dynojet measures and calculates power/tq
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In all honesty, who gives a ****? We're not racing dynos! Both cars make some good numbers, so hit up the track and let's see some TRAP SPEEDS
Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

haha well i actully do, just curious as to why, some people care to know. As for racing dynos yea who gives a ****, this isnt the right thread to talk about difference in dynos anyways so i took it to pm.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

i get 669 hp with a vtech
Old 06-17-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
haha well i actully do, just curious as to why, some people care to know. As for racing dynos yea who gives a ****, this isnt the right thread to talk about difference in dynos anyways so i took it to pm.
I like to know numbers too, but, the "pissing match" as Ryne put it, was getting old. Two nice cars, two nice combos. Instead of arguing similar results from two different dynos, see what kind of mph they pull, which shows the true power no matter what any dyno says.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

oh i'm not talking about numbers just on a pure level of how the dyno works. I'm a mechanical engineering major and i'm just curious to how a dyno could have hp right and tq. wrong since they are functions of each other. This has nothing to do with the numbers this car put out, this is why i took it to pm. Just my curosity of how things work nothing more then that.

BTW sounds like this car will be a absoulte beast, its really impressive to see its power curve hang on for so long all the way to 7k.

Justin
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Nice numbers.. what does it run at the track? (I just ask because the only 500+'s I've seen run good numbers yet is Cartek cars.)
Indeed! Awesome dyno numbers.

The CARTEK cars you mentions, including my own I would assume were true H/C cars, with stock bottom ends, not built 348's.

Either way, awesome numbers, cant wait to see track times!

Is it just me though, or is the A/F is close to 13: 1... that seems a little lean to me no? Just wondering.

I think when the cool weather comes the car should really move out. For reference, I do 104+/- in the 1/8 on a 132mph run.

Man, after 2 years with the same H/C and the same 507HP maybe its time to get some new CARTEK parts... :p
Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Indeed! Awesome dyno numbers.

The CARTEK cars you mentions, including my own I would assume were true H/C cars, with stock bottom ends, not built 348's.

Either way, awesome numbers, cant wait to see track times!

Is it just me though, or is the A/F is close to 13: 1... that seems a little lean to me no? Just wondering.

I think when the cool weather comes the car should really move out. For reference, I do 104+/- in the 1/8 on a 132mph run.

Man, after 2 years with the same H/C and the same 507HP maybe its time to get some new CARTEK parts... :p
i know how charlie tunes, and he is a exceptional tuner, he will tune the car at a multitude of air/fuel and timing levels, to come to conclusion of what final tune to allow the car to leave with, this particular car might of made a fair amount of power more at 13.1 then at 12.8 or whatever, to warrant the car leaving at that tune. also i am sure the customer was aware of the extra power that was available at that a/f and i am sure charlie let him know the pros and cons of it
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

kick *** numbers your gona make the stroker guys jealous
Old 06-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Charlie plain and simple knows his ****!!! he had that A/F because i have a forged crank, billet rods, and forged pistons..... which equals completely safe!!! like i have said before the cars idols amazing right at 1000rpm and will sit there until i unleash the power, but then once i get out of gear comes right back down to a perfect idol!!! soon i will have video and track times.... so stay tuned everyone!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i know how charlie tunes, and he is a exceptional tuner, he will tune the car at a multitude of air/fuel and timing levels, to come to conclusion of what final tune to allow the car to leave with, this particular car might of made a fair amount of power more at 13.1 then at 12.8 or whatever, to warrant the car leaving at that tune. also i am sure the customer was aware of the extra power that was available at that a/f and i am sure charlie let him know the pros and cons of it
Thats true, I guess I did not take that into account. But I still think that on a hot day, going up hill, in 6th gear... there's bound to be some ping at those A/F ratios.

Running on pump gas?

Originally Posted by 2 fast motorsports
Charlie plain and simple knows his ****!!! he had that A/F because i have a forged crank, billet rods, and forged pistons..... which equals completely safe!!! like i have said before the cars idols amazing right at 1000rpm and will sit there until i unleash the power, but then once i get out of gear comes right back down to a perfect idol!!! soon i will have video and track times.... so stay tuned everyone!
Thats a hell of a cam for a 1000rpm idle... I guess my cam is small if I idle at 850. Time to go bigger I guess.

Good Luck! Cant wait to see/hear about it run!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

yea charlie has been around for a little while, but yes you have to be carefull tunning in the heat, charlie did the same thing to me, and it had a pinging issue in the cold. He also turned off my throttle cracker for what ever reason i have no idea. Nice guy, but i had my car with a bigger cam running better then he did with a smaller cam. Though this was at his end of his days at A&A and he was trying to squeeze me in for the day, which could have been the reason. He was a really nice guy to deal with and most people i have talked to have seemed to like him.

Justin

Last edited by ThirdGenLS1; 06-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

GREAT NUMBERS and even better curves!!!! Looks like a roots blower curve!!! ALL this in Santa Clarita which is +/- 3000ft in above sea level on a HOTT day in California....WOW keeps making power past 7000rpm...should of pulled it to 7500rpm... this is the BEST setup i have seen yet for a STREET/Strip car.. sure some others have a LITTLE more torque but they sure dont have the awesome curves and power band you do! i cant wait to see this bad boy with some JUICE!

Quick Reply: 511 RWHP 430 RWTQ in a 346!!! WOW!!!