Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

402#s

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpmauto
i sure wouldnt think you would have a problem reaching your goals. You were almost there with the 346. You just gotta love the torque that the 4 in stroke gives ya though. my curve starts at 2700 with 375lb ft. it is a blast to drive. I see a fair amount of max effort 346s making 430+ and i cant help but wonder what they drive like. I know by no means mine is maxed out, but my buget for now is and i just want to drive it. Maybe in a year or two i will get a different h/c combo and see where that takes me. Good luck with your build

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Can't wait until I can post some results.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a h/c 346 isnt compareable to how a 408 is lol well the h/c car i drove was a decent setup. the 408 is just nuts lol

shes nice driving around town but ya hammer it it puts you in the seat, i dont have the best top end kit but my car is scary

if i have enough $$ ill get the cnc l92's some roller rockers and a fast intake if it comes out then i should be set

your gonna be real happy

vette > f-body
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice #'s.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

update,
well i have had my car at another tuner and it is interesting what he found. He has been messing with the idle and part throttle stuff for a while. The previous shop didnt do a very good job with anything. The cylinder volume was still at stock 346, and the idle and part throttle timing was horrible. This guy is very, very picky. He says it drives like stock now. And with the smaller cam i have it should with some good tuning. The most interesting thing he found was yesterday on the dyno. He had not touched any of the wot tables. So he made a pull 380rwhp. It had a max of 17*of timing and the fueling down low was way way rich. After 13 pulls on the motor to get things dialed in it made 471rwhp and 460 rwt. So my #s are not much better than the best before, but it is making that power all the time now. It made 610 and 658 on a 150 shot of n20. So i lost 80 rwhp from the first dyno sheet i got to this dyno. The timing and fueling i am sure was the issue. Pulling timing out of the tune for n20=bad idea. That is why it only trapped around 112 at the track. Seems about right for a car that only was putting 380 to the wheels. I know that my cam and head setup isnt optimal, but it she drives good and runs mid to low 11s on motor and 10s on spray i will be happy. That was the goal for this budget build. Maybe in a few years i will step up to some trick flows, or afrs, and a bigger cam. Will be going to the track on Oct 12 and we will see how she does.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

This a sad but, common story. Tuning a car right takes a long time. These shops should be up front about how much effort they are going to put into a tune so the customer knows where they stand!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

Very true, i was told that the car would be dialed in day no problem. Well it wasnt. I e-mailed the service mangager this morning because he wanted to know what i found when i had someone else look at it. His reply is just what i thought, we did no wrong, it cant be our tune, your new tuner just wants to look like a god ect... BULLSHIT I know that if i lost 80 friggin horsepower from the time i brought it home that nite till i took it to the track i sure would have noticed. I wont say anything bad about them here, but everybody i know and can talk to will hear what i have to say about them. The way i was treated when i got the tune, and now that i have problems is crap. that is not customer service. You should realize that you will never make everbody happy and bow your head. Everybody makes mistakes no matter how big your goddamn name is. I run a small auto repair business and if i treated people like that i would be bankrupt.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmauto
compression is 11.5 to 1 static and dynamic is 8.66
how do you compute the dynamic compression?

is there a certain formula to compute the dynamic compression?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

yes there is a formula, you have to download the calculator, i dont have the link though. i know somebody on here does
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Default funny

kinda in the same bout with you ..... good power just doesnt drive for **** ..... same tuner .....