Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TFS 215s/Vengeance Vindicator/A4 Dyno/Idle Results IN HAWAII!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 66deuce
good numbers...
got any track times?or is there a 1/4 mile track there?would love to see what it traps...
as for all the dyno talk,trap speed is where it's at..

There are plent of #s for this combo all over the country... A fairly popular car was PSJs 3400lb Pinks Project with our H/C/I combo that was running high 10s with a **** converter in positive DA....

This post was to show people that the #s can be duplicated 4500 miles away from our shop... nothing more.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Omar. Lets put the car on a dynojet and see what it does. I already told you I think your math is wrong but lets see. I will put mine back on as well for Q.A. on the # difference. Let me know and I will set it up.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lrry93
Come on Omar. Lets put the car on a dynojet and see what it does. I already told you I think your math is wrong but lets see. I will put mine back on as well for Q.A. on the # difference. Let me know and I will set it up.
You buying? My funds are depleted for a few months at least.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WKMCD
That makes sense. The dyno that I run my car on reads 12% low on Sundays but only 8% low on the others days of the week. My last pulls were on Sunday so I can take my 513RWHP and add 12% so my car really made 583RWHP. Everyone knows that 3.90's cause a dyno to read lower so I'm going to abitrarily add 15RWHP so I'm now at 598RWHP, my air filter was a little dirty so I'm going to add 10RWHP and now I know for a FACT my car really makes 608RWHP.

This ricer math is FUN!!! WHEEEE!!
Someone recognised my sence of humor

We did dyno on a Friday night
Old 08-27-2008, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

What car club was it? my buddy ed is over there and is in the paradise cruisers club.. Ring a bell? Either way great #'s....

Edit: Btw find out what day his dyno was manufactured.. That also plays a part in the #"s..
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Launching!

I think I know him. He has a black 02 Z right? We cruise with paradise cruisers sometimes. We are HIFBA (Hawaiian Islands F-Body Association). If we are talking about the same Ed, he is already on our local forum board.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
Btw find out what day his dyno was manufactured.. That also plays a part in the #"s..
It was manufactured on a sunday, check out my numbers
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
There are plent of #s for this combo all over the country... A fairly popular car was PSJs 3400lb Pinks Project with our H/C/I combo that was running high 10s with a **** converter in positive DA....

This post was to show people that the #s can be duplicated 4500 miles away from our shop... nothing more.

my post wasn't directed at your personally,just want to give my opinion on the dyno crap..7% this,that,yadda yadda..to be honest,dyno numbers are for one thing..to baseline your car,and to see the gains from your mods.period..been there ,done that..seen too many high horsepower cars fall on there face at the track..
Old 08-28-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its not always about high horsepower cars falling flat on their face at the track, but whether the car is setup to display all that power at the track.

Speaking from my own experiences, I never intended to run my car in the 1/4. All I ever wanted to do was push the car to 200 mph. Car is lowered to eliminate as much drag as possible and increase stability. Functional Ram air courtesy of VaraRam. Then of course a killer h/c/i and exhaust courtesy of LG Motorsports. They did a killer job on making my car FAST, but not as quick as other cars because I didn't pay for more aggressive gearing, and kept the stiff z51 pkg. So if my 123.6 mph Trap speed into the wind doesn't speak to the potential of my FAST, not quick car then I'm sorry I let you down.

On another note, I've talked, emailed, and pm'd Ron from Vengeance Racing on numerous subjects. The man knows his stuff. Flat out. If he tells you from his vast experience what to expect from a car and its h/c etc etc combo then you can count on it.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Its not always about high horsepower cars falling flat on their face at the track, but whether the car is setup to display all that power at the track.

Speaking from my own experiences, I never intended to run my car in the 1/4. All I ever wanted to do was push the car to 200 mph. Car is lowered to eliminate as much drag as possible and increase stability. Functional Ram air courtesy of VaraRam. Then of course a killer h/c/i and exhaust courtesy of LG Motorsports. They did a killer job on making my car FAST, but not as quick as other cars because I didn't pay for more aggressive gearing, and kept the stiff z51 pkg. So if my 123.6 mph Trap speed into the wind doesn't speak to the potential of my FAST, not quick car then I'm sorry I let you down.

On another note, I've talked, emailed, and pm'd Ron from Vengeance Racing on numerous subjects. The man knows his stuff. Flat out. If he tells you from his vast experience what to expect from a car and its h/c etc etc combo then you can count on it.
i see your point,and i'm not trying to question the power it made,or Ron's work..just that people get too caught up in dyno #s..
in fact,someone in the future might get a car done at Vengence,and if it doesn't put down X amount of power on a dyno like Y's car did,then they might come on here blasting Vengence,even tho nothing is wrong..some dynos are stingy,or other factors come into play..dyno #s sell,but sometimes they cause headaches as well..
Old 08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Can't we all get along?! Wasn't it enough we had a Mustang guy blast all the "white" dudes on dyno night?

Hey, Omar what's the highest mph you hit on your red head? Was it stable?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 66deuce
i see your point,and i'm not trying to question the power it made,or Ron's work..just that people get too caught up in dyno #s..
in fact,someone in the future might get a car done at Vengence,and if it doesn't put down X amount of power on a dyno like Y's car did,then they might come on here blasting Vengence,even tho nothing is wrong..some dynos are stingy,or other factors come into play..dyno #s sell,but sometimes they cause headaches as well..
+1 bro. I agree with you on this completely.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LavaRock

Can't we all get along?! Wasn't it enough we had a Mustang guy blast all the "white" dudes on dyno night?

Hey, Omar what's the highest mph you hit on your red head? Was it stable?
With the road race suspention setup I had before the susp setup I have now, I burried the needle and it was freakin scary but stable and very solid.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this was with flycut pistons right...
Old 08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

+1 bro. I agree with you on this completely.
Maybe I'm reading your comment incorrectly? But, don't you list HP & Torque in your signature? So wouldn't you be agreeing that your numbers don't mean a thing? Or am I way off here???
Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LavaRock
Maybe I'm reading your comment incorrectly? But, don't you list HP & Torque in your signature? So wouldn't you be agreeing that your numbers don't mean a thing? Or am I way off here???
The numbers give the reader an ability to have an educated idea of what the car is capable of. Whether its setup for the track, or like mine for the street.

Also dyno numbers are a very good measure for how your vehicle responded to mods, etc etc.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chrs1313
this was with flycut pistons right...
Nope, bone stock bottom end
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

The numbers give the reader an ability to have an educated idea of what the car is capable of. Whether its setup for the track, or like mine for the street.

Also dyno numbers are a very good measure for how your vehicle responded to mods, etc etc.
Cool! I got it.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AncientRgn
Nope, bone stock bottom end
damn that must be close i didnt think you could run 59cc and the vindicator...good to know
Old 08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by farmdawg
I think I know him. He has a black 02 Z right? We cruise with paradise cruisers sometimes. We are HIFBA (Hawaiian Islands F-Body Association). If we are talking about the same Ed, he is already on our local forum board.
Yea.. that's him... he drives a GN nowaday's on Hawaii.. his 02 is in 20 billion pieces.. R.I.P...

Quick Reply: TFS 215s/Vengeance Vindicator/A4 Dyno/Idle Results IN HAWAII!!!