Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

My latest 408 dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Lemme get this straight. You're comparing BEFORE numbers on a DYNOJET to AFTER numbers on a MUSTANG????????????
Come on man.............
You can believe or think what you want. The guy who went with me yesterday had his car dynoed the exact same day I did in Ohio on the dyno jet. His first pull was the exact same on the Mustang dyno to the number. He made 425rwhp on both. Both times his car was put on the dyno right after mine came off.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
A friend of mine dynoed his car at both locations as I did and his numbers were exactly the same on both dynos. This mustang dyno was campaired to 3 other dyno jets and they all were the same give or take a hp or two.
So go throw it on a DJ and see what you get.
Furthermore, how can you say the heads are better than ETPs? ETPs are regarded as the best heads available for the LS motors by some of the best engine builders out there.
Let see. Stock heads are 15 degree valve angle. TFSs are 13.5. LS7 heads are 12 degree. ETPs are 11. HHHMMMM, Think they're on to something?
BTW, if you wanna sell the ETPs, lemme know. I'd be glad to take them off your hands.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
You can believe or think what you want. The guy who went with me yesterday had his car dynoed the exact same day I did in Ohio on the dyno jet. His first pull was the exact same on the Mustang dyno to the number. He made 425rwhp on both. Both times his car was put on the dyno right after mine came off.
Thanks for proving a point. You implied MD's read lower than DJ's but you use the argument now that they read the same... If it makes you feel good claim anything you want. This is afterall the internet.

As I said, an absolutely useless comparison.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Lemme get this straight. You're comparing BEFORE numbers on a DYNOJET to AFTER numbers on a MUSTANG????????????
Come on man.............
Why you gotta hate?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Thanks for proving a point. You implied MD's read lower than DJ's but you use the argument now that they read the same... If it makes you feel good claim anything you want. This is afterall the internet.

what the hell is your problem? He didnt imply that anywhere.... someone else did. damn you guys need to calm down....... I say congrats on your new numbers and take it to the track because thats the only number that really matters.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 70LS1Nova
Why you gotta hate?
Who's hatin? Its a rediculous claim. Who goes from one dyno to the next to get before and after numbers? And from one KIND of dyno to ANOTHER. How scientific is that? How accurate is that? Is it a fair comparison to either head manufacturer?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Haha, I like your sig: "Honest Numbers". That's pretty funny, dude. I've never seen anyone say that before. So what does it run at the track? And what track? What were the weather conditions? DA? How was track prep that day? Be specific. I want "Honest Track Times".

Ah, sorry, man, just messin with ya. I'm in the arguing mood today. Ignore my posts.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 09-04-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

Just to be clear. Its not the numbers, its that fact that the OP went from 2 totally different kind of dynos to show before and after results. To me, totally bogus.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Haha, I like your sig: "Honest Numbers". That's pretty funny, dude. I've never seen anyone say that before. So what does it run at the track? And what track? What were the weather conditions? DA? How was track prep that day? Be specific. I want "Honest Track Times".

Ah, sorry, man, just messin with ya. I'm in the arguing mood today. Ignore my posts.
It's not a track car but the numbers are repeatable on the same dyno over and over again.

BTW: I've got over a 100,000 miles on road course all over the world. Those days are behind me now. That's why I walk with a limp.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

HA! Sorry, man, just messin with ya. I'm in the arguing mood today. Ignore my posts.
Not everyone drag races their car. Besides, he may drive like ****. Or the car may break. Or the track prep may suck.
Yeah, ET and MPH. There's no variables there.
Has your car been together for 2 years? Putting up very close to the same numbers every months or so? On the same DJ dyno? One that CANT be "made" to read anything?
I always like a good argument!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Restricted User

I never implied that... The only thing I ever stated was that is was compaired to other dyno jets and they read about the same.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Just to be clear. Its not the numbers, its that fact that the OP went from 2 totally different kind of dynos to show before and after results. To me, totally bogus.
I understand. Your argument is totally valid in my eyes. At the same time, I can understand his point of view if he's seen evidence in the past that both dynos read almost exactly the same. People have to choose what to believe based on what they've seen in the past. He could very well be lying out of his ***, but I don't see any reason or motive for him doing so. The post didn't come across as an ad for TFS heads and there were other major changes done to the car that he clearly states, so it seems legit. Just my point of view.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

very nice results Mark. have you thought of having someone fab up you true duals out the rear? im sure that would help gain you some numbers. None the less those are some good numbers

by any chance who went to the dyno with you this time around?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Not everyone drag races their car. Besides, he may drive like ****. Or the car may break. Or the track prep may suck.
Yeah, ET and MPH. There's no variables there.
Has your car been together for 2 years? Putting up very close to the same numbers every months or so? On the same DJ dyno? One that CANT be "made" to read anything?
I always like a good argument!!
Yep. All of that makes sense to me. See my above post, as well. Just throwing some ideas out there for the hell of it. Not everyone always has the opportunity to dyno at the same dyno in similar conditions over a long period of time, so we have to go based on what we've got. I would say that if he's seen the same numbers put down multiple times previously on the Mustang vs Dynojet that he dynoed on, he's probably safe to assume that the numbers are legit. But your points are perfectly valid to me. Hopefully he gets a chance to get it back on that dynojet sometime soon.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe ASAP mustang dyno reads very similar to a dynojet. Heres why.

I Dyno'd my last H/C setup (AFR205s, X4, 90/90, Kooks etc..) on 2 dynojets and this mustang dyno. The first being at Hybrid Dynamics In Greensburg PA tuned by Steve Pilic, 2nd was BackStreet Performance in Medina OH tuned by Steve Pilic and 3rd was ASAP in Allison Park PA tuned by Byran Herter. The results:

Hybrid Dynamics - 457rwhp/415rwtq done in May 2007
BackStreet Performance - 453/411 done in June 2007
ASAP Performance - 464/??? done in Septemeber 2007

I got the dyno sheets to prove it to.

This exact motor/exhaust/PCM i bought from "Mike C." from this site made
463/413? on another mustang dyno

Bryan found out that Steve didnt have my MAF set to the LS6 and was able to get a few more rwhp out of it.

Mark's 540/480 numbers are very believable to me. I bet he would dyno very close to these numbers on a Dynojet. I already proved that.

Last edited by 30th t/a; 09-04-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=WKMCD;10043600]You implied MD's read lower than DJ's QUOTE]

Where the hell are you getting this at???

He is saying that this mustang dyno reads similar to a dynojet.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 7845
very nice results Mark. have you thought of having someone fab up you true duals out the rear? im sure that would help gain you some numbers. None the less those are some good numbers

by any chance who went to the dyno with you this time around?
I went with Mark Michalski, he had the 1970 Nova with the LS1 in it.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would say that there was more power made by the different cams than by the different heads. We don't know all of the cam spec's, only the duration @.050" numbers. There is alot to be said for different cam lobe's and valve timing events!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great numbers!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice pick up with the mods ya did. my setup is the same as your old just with 11.25 cr and trickflow 225. i hope to pick up as much when i change up some things. congrats!!!

Quick Reply: My latest 408 dyno results