Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What kind of hp #'s will I be looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What kind of hp #'s will I be looking at?

Should be getting my TNT F1 kit in soon and I was curious what kinds of numbers my car will put down. I still have the stock, early model heads on, not the 241's, so I'm sure that will hurt me a little until I can find a good deal on some. I'm waiting on some cooler weather before I get it dynoed

1999 Trans-am
stock 10 bolt
6-speed

T-rex cam
TNT F1 kit (150)
Pacesetter coated longtube
LS6 intake
H-pipe w/ magnaflow true-duals dumped
SLP lid
K&N
LS2 timing chain
LS6 oil pump
tuned w/ HPtuners

-ac belt isnt on the car at the moment either if that matters...it wont be needed for the next few months lol

So what do you guys think? I searched around, but dyno sheets on the t-rex seem to be hard to come by, or at least dyno #'s with nitrous. Maybe I just overlooked them.

EDIT: You guys think I'm leaving some power on the table anywhere setup wise? I thought about going to a FAST intake, but I'm not really sure if it's even worth the money for the mods I have.

Last edited by 2k1bird; 10-12-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

haha, sorry for posting that in the wrong spot...I never even knew this part of the forum was here. thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

I think you quoted it yourself but those stock heads are going to hurt you...and I think the FAST would be useless till you get the heads that will flow to match the volume of the FAST manifold...that's just my opinion though...wait and see what other's will say too....Good luck though man...should be nasty with that 150 pill in her!!!

Quick Reply: What kind of hp #'s will I be looking at?