Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

G35 vs. Mystery T/A

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let him call you out or catch him talking smack then make him back it up. calling him out will make you cocky. let him initiate and you eliminate
Old 11-12-2008, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orange350z
well i had a 03 350z and i beat a couple of ls1s in it... ( bad driver mods on there part) one had exhaust and msd plug wires and i think thats it and the other had a very small cam ( 220/220)? , and exhaust anyways the 350z ran 13.6 bone stock on street tires. I never got to run any i dont think with my mods when i got them on the 350z so... maybe that will help you out a little.. in my 350z i raced a 98GT on a 100 dry shot and still pulled him.. idk i guess i had a freak!! although the g35 is a pig and weights alot lol who knows run him and if he wins just mod your car and run him again!! thats what its all about!!

before anyone calls bs on my stories i have a buddy on here archoverseer and streetassian that can back me up on it!!

p.s. i now drive a C5 vette and love it !
yep that car ran hard, I hate to admit it but when my car wasnt running 100% the 350 pulled me
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
How do you go about buying a car without knowing what is done to it? That must be embarrassing to have people ask what you have done, and to look at them with a stupid face and say "It's got a straight pipe, maybe some other stuff I dunno"

Regardless, unless your car is a m6 and you suck at driving as much as you do at owning the car, you'll probably win.

dont be mad because you bought a pos. and he bought a TA. and from forever and now on you will be playing catchup to him even though he knows nothing about his TA.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by streetassasin
yep that car ran hard, I hate to admit it but when my car wasnt running 100% the 350 pulled me
but not when that mother started to run better lol i saw that rear end very clearly hahaha
Old 11-14-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chronicle
First off, don't say it's my fault for not knowing about the mods to it. There is nothing written about it in the log where the previous owner documented oil changes, etc. I bought it off a dealership of about 15 cars from someone that probably doesn't know how a car works anyway, I'm guessing the dealer got it in an auction or something. Second, I don't "suck at owning my car" I keep maintenance on it, change the oil, everything you're supposed to do. You don't see me flaming at you spending $20,000 more than I did for a car slower than mine, so don't bite my *** off for a first offense of "bench racing." I would have done it already if I could find him out of the 1600 kids at my school.

Anyway, My car is an M6, but I have been told that I am remarkable at shifting, so I don't think that's a barrier for me.

Oh god, trust me, the G35 is almost as popular as modding Jettas around here. It's kinda sad.
No offense.....but that means squat. Truly. If you look at the big picture...someone 'telling you' you can shift remarkable only means something if they are die hard LS guys themselves, to know where the best shifts are.

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
dont be mad because you bought a pos. and he bought a TA. and from forever and now on you will be playing catchup to him even though he knows nothing about his TA.
Hmmm.......I'll be good today and leave your biased ignorant post alone.

Oh wait..I guess I didn't.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
You're so right, how sad on my part.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

You will walk him. Now GO RACE!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
well first we need to know what a mystery ta is

You might want to put your seat belt on as you're about to shipped to Bench racing

You sir, as an asset to LS1tech.

Swooooosh
Old 11-17-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IMgettingLS1
i raced a 4 door g35 in my dodge ram and pulled a car and half 0-80
but killed a 350z in my bird
I smoked an '03 single cab Ram (with mods) in my '03 Maxima with bolt-ons. I used to beat GT Mustangs and all sorts of cars with that damn Maxima. It was an auto, so I had to get them from a stop of course, but nothing beats the look on a kids face when his GT can't keep up with a big V6 4 door. That VQ35 had more pull N/A than I have ever felt from any other stock V6 I have driven. I actually beat a few G35s off the line to because they couldn't launch for ****. I have a hard time calling that car a ricer too because when I think of a ricer, I just usually consider them as a little "ving, ving!" 4-banger. I never really had the intention of making that car fast or anything because it was just my daily at the time, but I was pleasantly surprised with its performance. Factory freak I guess. Against an LS1 car though, it wouldn't even be close.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chronicle
You don't see me flaming at you spending $20,000 more than I did for a car slower than mine
Nice.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

G35's are not fast cars. Drive the car with no hick ups and it will be an easy win.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

what year is the G? its makes a diff.. if its older its probly on its way out (over 50K) it is probly drinking oil and weak, execialy if its got a young kid driving it...drive good and dont miss a shift you shoudl walk it. this is coing from a kid that works on them good ol jap cans

and yah BluBird. then 3.5's have a TON of vap. CVTs kinda kill it. but in the auto/ manual cars. man oh man. they can boggie
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94m6Z28
what year is the G? its makes a diff.. if its older its probly on its way out (over 50K) it is probly drinking oil and weak, execialy if its got a young kid driving it...drive good and dont miss a shift you shoudl walk it. this is coing from a kid that works on them good ol jap cans

and yah BluBird. then 3.5's have a TON of vap. CVTs kinda kill it. but in the auto/ manual cars. man oh man. they can boggie
G35s do not commonly have engine problems after 50k miles. You may have dealt with some that had been neglected (i.e. no oil change, ever), but in general, the motors are fine. The only version of the VQ series engine that had oil consumption problems is referred to as the Rev-up model, and it was only used in limited numbers, and not every one of those engines had the issue.

Last edited by DVan8504; 11-18-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

true. *they are not neglected or els nissan wouldent cover a motor, beaing beat on is a whole diffrent thing* but a lot of "used" 6 speed g's drink oil. it happens. same with the 350z's i think we have done 3 or 4 motors in the year i have worked there. im not saying ALL do. but if its an 2003 g35 with like 100K on it there is a larger chance the motor is weak...not like you should really have to worrie if you dont screw up
Old 11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94m6Z28
true. *they are not neglected or els nissan wouldent cover a motor, beaing beat on is a whole diffrent thing* but a lot of "used" 6 speed g's drink oil. it happens. same with the 350z's i think we have done 3 or 4 motors in the year i have worked there. im not saying ALL do. but if its an 2003 g35 with like 100K on it there is a larger chance the motor is weak...not like you should really have to worrie if you dont screw up
After 100k I would buy it...these motors are made by the French after all.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by orange350z
but not when that mother started to run better lol i saw that rear end very clearly hahaha
Your gonna be seeing the same thing in the C5, nothin but f-body tail lights