Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

G35 vs. Mystery T/A

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 vs. Mystery T/A

Okay, so I'm trying to challenge a kid in my school against his G35. I'm pretty sure he'll bite, since he has a modded exhaust and drives around the school like a ricer. I'm guessing with the exhaust it has about a total of 310 crank hp. The only issue I have is that I'm not entirely sure what has been done to my car. So far, all I know about it is that the stock muffler has been replaced with a straight pipe. I'm debating tracking down the previous owner and asking him what he did, but oh well. Anyway, I'll have a chance, right?

P.S. If it helps (perspective wise) I have beat a 98' GT Mustang with exhaust, headers and CAI from a 50 roll.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

well first we need to know what a mystery ta is

You might want to put your seat belt on as you're about to shipped to Bench racing
Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Take the tampon out and go race him. THEN post a thread about it.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Teching In

well i had a 03 350z and i beat a couple of ls1s in it... ( bad driver mods on there part) one had exhaust and msd plug wires and i think thats it and the other had a very small cam ( 220/220)? , and exhaust anyways the 350z ran 13.6 bone stock on street tires. I never got to run any i dont think with my mods when i got them on the 350z so... maybe that will help you out a little.. in my 350z i raced a 98GT on a 100 dry shot and still pulled him.. idk i guess i had a freak!! although the g35 is a pig and weights alot lol who knows run him and if he wins just mod your car and run him again!! thats what its all about!!

before anyone calls bs on my stories i have a buddy on here archoverseer and streetassian that can back me up on it!!

p.s. i now drive a C5 vette and love it !
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Mystery T/A? What kind of homo **** is that?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

He stated in his original post that he was not sure what mods his car had. Thus the name Mystery T/A.

Chronicle: Assuming you have an LS1 Trans Am, you shouldn't have a problem with the G35. I am pretty knowledgeable about 350zs, the lighter equivalent of a G35, and a 350z would need pretty much every NA mod to make the kind of power an LS1 makes stock.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Teching In

How do you go about buying a car without knowing what is done to it? That must be embarrassing to have people ask what you have done, and to look at them with a stupid face and say "It's got a straight pipe, maybe some other stuff I dunno"

Regardless, unless your car is a m6 and you suck at driving as much as you do at owning the car, you'll probably win.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
How do you go about buying a car without knowing what is done to it? That must be embarrassing to have people ask what you have done, and to look at them with a stupid face and say "It's got a straight pipe, maybe some other stuff I dunno"

Regardless, unless your car is a m6 and you suck at driving as much as you do at owning the car, you'll probably win.
Damn bro a little harsh on the guy aren't we? Honestly I didn't know what was done to my Mach when I bought it. I got it from a dealer in TX and they didn't know exactly. Finally did a title search and found the original owner. I just told everyone it was stock till I found out which is probably what the OP should do.

By the way unless you drive with your head up your *** you should kill him.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Damn bro a little harsh on the guy aren't we? Honestly I didn't know what was done to my Mach when I bought it. I got it from a dealer in TX and they didn't know exactly. Finally did a title search and found the original owner. I just told everyone it was stock till I found out which is probably what the OP should do.

IBTShip off.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65

IBTShip off.
whats up IBTS?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach

I see your point, but he was posting a thread asking "what is going to happen", instead of racing and giving the results, so I safed it on the side of no mercy.

I can understand not being able to figure out everything on a highly modified car, although I don't understand why you would want to buy a highly modded car without knowing everything about it, and the previous owner/who installed parts, unless it was just an incredible deal I suppose.

But judging from what he says, it's just a T/A with (possibly) a few boltons, and that isn't too hard to figure out if you have a lid, headers, midpipe, gears, etc
Old 11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

bench racing!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DVan8504
He stated in his original post that he was not sure what mods his car had. Thus the name Mystery T/A.

Chronicle: Assuming you have an LS1 Trans Am, you shouldn't have a problem with the G35. I am pretty knowledgeable about 350zs, the lighter equivalent of a G35, and a 350z would need pretty much every NA mod to make the kind of power an LS1 makes stock.
Not to mention I doubt too many people are modding up their G35s.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mystangisslow
how do you go about buying a car without knowing what is done to it? That must be embarrassing to have people ask what you have done, and to look at them with a stupid face and say "it's got a straight pipe, maybe some other stuff i dunno"

regardless, unless your car is a m6 and you suck at driving as much as you do at owning the car, you'll probably win.
lmfao!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Launching!

First off, don't say it's my fault for not knowing about the mods to it. There is nothing written about it in the log where the previous owner documented oil changes, etc. I bought it off a dealership of about 15 cars from someone that probably doesn't know how a car works anyway, I'm guessing the dealer got it in an auction or something. Second, I don't "suck at owning my car" I keep maintenance on it, change the oil, everything you're supposed to do. You don't see me flaming at you spending $20,000 more than I did for a car slower than mine, so don't bite my *** off for a first offense of "bench racing." I would have done it already if I could find him out of the 1600 kids at my school.

Anyway, My car is an M6, but I have been told that I am remarkable at shifting, so I don't think that's a barrier for me.

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Not to mention I doubt too many people are modding up their G35s.
Oh god, trust me, the G35 is almost as popular as modding Jettas around here. It's kinda sad.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

my first race when i bought my t/a (bone stock) was with a ricer in a g35 with a bodykit and exhaust.... it wasnt an official race but rather me playing a catch up when he had like 5 car on me.... by about 80 i caught up and was side by side with him....

you will have him both from a dig and a roll....
Old 11-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Launching!

dude i raced a g35 in my wifes TBSS from a light and a roll both times i utterly destroyed him. from the light i just brake stalled up to about 1500 and got a car on him right out of the hole and pulled 4-5 cars before letting off at 110+ from a roll he did better but i still got 1.5 on him from 55-90 unless he sprays on you, you should have no problem, you might take him even with spray.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the jester 812
dude i raced a g35 in my wifes TBSS from a light and a roll both times i utterly destroyed him.
what else is done to the TBSS? trapping 106 with the mods you have listed is next to impossible.. i ran that mph running mid 12's.. is it 2wd?

Chronicle, as for picking on the kid with the G35? seems like you're being a bit of a bully don't you think? as a stock LS1 would destroy any slightly modded G35 in any combination of ways, from a stop, roll, 100+??

why not just let nature take its course and when you see him out there take him out instead of calling him out. it's a no win for you, but screw it up and you will be the "tool." just my $.02, older and somewhat wiser, having lived through many of these situations in the past

example, HS, 1990, friend with 5.7 IROC picks on a kid with an auto 300zx turbo, anniversary edition, stock. kid with the IROC is running low 14's the Z is like a low 15 second car, kid never ran it at the track.. Race Day, whole senior class watching, the IROC couldn't launch for **** and the Z took him to 80+ three times.. kid with the IROC who called him out never lived it down buddy. you know how excuses work out for the "other" 99.9% of the people that see and/or hear about the race lol, Good Luck.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Banned

chances are if your car can accelerate harder than his you will win
Old 11-12-2008, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

i raced a 4 door g35 in my dodge ram and pulled a car and half 0-80
but killed a 350z in my bird