Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

About to race a Roush Mustang with my LT1. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008 | 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Many places will retune for you later very cheap...as in under $100, usually like $50 for anything short of nitrous or forced induction. You seem to be under the impression it would be $500 now and $500 once you add the cam, which from what I've seen isn't really the case.
Old 12-17-2008 | 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Many places will retune for you later very cheap...as in under $100, usually like $50 for anything short of nitrous or forced induction. You seem to be under the impression it would be $500 now and $500 once you add the cam, which from what I've seen isn't really the case.
It depends on the shop....but yes, most will give you a discount for retunes as a 'loyalty thank you' thing. Not only that...pending the mods a retune wouldn't take much time

Either way....just kick the **** out of that arrogant 3V owner please.
Old 12-17-2008 | 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody know of any good ltx tuners in Florida...Thanks for the input, thunderstruck, you are right, I was under the impression it was like $550 here and $400 there...I have heard good things about Mike Norris. Lt tuners seem to be relatively rare nowadays. I will think of you (ponygt65) when he is in my rear view mirror!!! How much should I start putting away for a decent dyno tune if that is the route I go....Another quick question. If I got a mail order tune, could I tell them I have a EWP and pullies etc even if I dont but plan to have it on real soon or will that screw up the tune? THanks.
Old 12-18-2008 | 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I had my LT1 tuned at Revxtreme. They are having a special right now actually of $300 for a dynotune.

If looking at suspension parts the LCA's are affordable and def. worth upgrading.
Old 12-18-2008 | 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I had my LT1 tuned at Revxtreme. They are having a special right now actually of $300 for a dynotune.

If looking at suspension parts the LCA's are affordable and def. worth upgrading.
Thanks a ton! that is great to know...I will lok them up and give them a call. I am about an hour north of Orlando, but I am willing to travel for a good deal; especially if they offer a nice discount on a retune. Did you have a good experience with them? How was the tune? Happy holidays.
Old 12-19-2008 | 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

I had a great experience with them. They have a guy that has tuned a lot of LT1's, he was saying the mail order tune I had in there was really really conservative. Car is running great now. Don't know what their retune pricing is, guess you will have to call them to get that info. Thanks for the holiday wishes, same to you.
Old 12-19-2008 | 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camar0corey

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
Thanks a ton! that is great to know...I will lok them up and give them a call. I am about an hour north of Orlando, but I am willing to travel for a good deal; especially if they offer a nice discount on a retune. Did you have a good experience with them? How was the tune? Happy holidays.
There you go man.......call up the place Corey suggests and just ask him all that you have asked us. That way you are getting it from teh horses mouth if you go with them.
Old 12-19-2008 | 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

but I don't like horses.

Actually I do

I am going to Miami tomorrow, but after CHristmas I will give them a call. THanks.

Quick Reply: About to race a Roush Mustang with my LT1. HELP!