Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What do ya think my gains will be

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do ya think my gains will be

Alright guys. Since no one seems to want to buy my T/A I'm gonna start trying to finish it up.

Current mods:
TSP forged 347. LS2 heads with Ferra stainless valves, 2.05 intake, stock size intake. Pacesetter LT's, custom Y(2.5") with electric cut out, 3" cat back with muffler in the "I" pipe. Yank SS3600, FLT Level 4 4L60E, stock d/shaft, stock 10 bolt with 3.73's and Auburn pro posi. For the kicker. I dyno'd with the stock 98 intake, t-body and maf, injectors, stock water pump, pulley etc and a SLP lid. Plugs are NGK TR55's.
Cam is a custom piece. 238-242/605-610/113 with stock rockers with Patriot Dual gold spring kit.

It put down 370 and 350 with the converter locked on a dynojet. I don't have the run here in front of me, but if I remember correctly, it peaked around 6500-6600ish.
Not making excuses, but this dyno is known to be about 20 hp lower than other local ones.

Next round of mods:
I'm redoing the exhaust. I'm going to make the Y a 3" and use a Flowmaster merge and also keep the cut out and cat back. I really think that is holding me back a ton b/c we picked up 27 hp by opening the cut out.

For the intake, I just plan on adding a LS6, ported t-body and possibly a 85mm MAF. BUT if the funds become available, I'll put a FAST combo on it.

I'm also having the converter restalled to a 4000.

What kind of gains do you think I will see by adding the LS6 and ported t-body?

What kind of gains could I expect if I step up to the FAST combo?