Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Operation hell blazer....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Well now ..... what a suprise. I got to inspecting the heads and the damn 5.3 came with 243's on it!!! I should see mid 400's I think!! I love it when a plan comes together....accidently.
If you ever have time, send the 243's to TEA for porting, they only charged me $1K and look at these flow numbers. Amazing, even better than some vendor heads, serriously. They will help you make 420-430+ I bet even with the A4.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow very nice Jason.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Update

Everything is ready for reassymbly. I am anxiiously waiting for my ARP head bolts to get here. The cam is in. It was installed by my wife. Love it! As soon as the bolts get in she will run the first round on the heads torquing them down. Tomorrow I am buying a plug to fill the cam position sensor hole in the back of the block. I am staying with the OEM LS2 location. The short block is for the most part done. Just need parts to get here. Oh and cash.LOL
I promise you guys one thing. I WILL NNNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR do another 4X4 again. This has about drove me from beating off! I enjoy that to much so I will not take on another project like this in my garage on jackstands. As for the wife getting this new beast. She is highly suspicious that something is up. I have given her some round about hints that it will be faster.
The other day we where in AutoZone dropping another bill plus on misc. crap for the project. She then looks at me as we pay and says "This mother ****** better fly for all the money we are spending on it". I replied "Honey if that is what you want I don't think you will be dissappointed". I get the dejected wife look at that point. I have pics of her doing the cam instal. I also have pics of the process.
Unfortunately half of them didn't take because of a full memory card. DOH! Still have some good shots though. Time is my biggest obstical right now. I am going to also have to **** around with the knock sensors. Anyone know where a fella can get the recipee for making my own knock sensor wire harness? I am wore out and to lazy to look right now. I just got home from work.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Wow very nice Jason.
Thanks man, I really think TEA is the best head porter out there. I wish I had enough $$$ for some TEA prepped Trick Flows.

Update

Everything is ready for reassymbly. I am anxiiously waiting for my ARP head bolts to get here. The cam is in. It was installed by my wife. Love it! As soon as the bolts get in she will run the first round on the heads torquing them down. Tomorrow I am buying a plug to fill the cam position sensor hole in the back of the block. I am staying with the OEM LS2 location. The short block is for the most part done. Just need parts to get here. Oh and cash.LOL
I promise you guys one thing. I WILL NNNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR do another 4X4 again. This has about drove me from beating off! I enjoy that to much so I will not take on another project like this in my garage on jackstands. As for the wife getting this new beast. She is highly suspicious that something is up. I have given her some round about hints that it will be faster.
The other day we where in AutoZone dropping another bill plus on misc. crap for the project. She then looks at me as we pay and says "This mother ****** better fly for all the money we are spending on it". I replied "Honey if that is what you want I don't think you will be dissappointed". I get the dejected wife look at that point. I have pics of her doing the cam instal. I also have pics of the process.
Unfortunately half of them didn't take because of a full memory card. DOH! Still have some good shots though. Time is my biggest obstical right now. I am going to also have to **** around with the knock sensors. Anyone know where a fella can get the recipee for making my own knock sensor wire harness? I am wore out and to lazy to look right now. I just got home from work.

Damn, that makes me tired just reading it.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is going to be good, I say throw it in 2WD and let it go in a parking lot when your do the ride along!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thanks man, I really think TEA is the best head porter out there. I wish I had enough $$$ for some TEA prepped Trick Flows.

Damn, that makes me tired just reading it.
Nobody said you had to read it, now did they

Last edited by JayplaySS; 02-08-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slammer454
This is going to be good, I say throw it in 2WD and let it go in a parking lot when your do the ride along!
I think I will have a platoon of friends waiting to watch this.LOL
Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sarge_13
wow very nice jason.
indeed:d
Old 02-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Adkoonerstrator

She then looks at me as we pay and says "This mother ****** better fly for all the money we are spending on it".

I'll be keeping an eye on your results, might look into some more cubes for the TBSS in the future.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 AM

Nobody said you had to read it, now did they

Tired reading it from all the work you were having to do, not that you typed that much
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Tired reading it from all the work you were having to do, not that you typed that much
Admit it you got tired reading it because the bastard can't spell worth a **** and he wrote too much. Seriously though it should be pretty damn impressive for what it is. I can't wait to see the results.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

Ah. LOL
Old 02-08-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Admit it you got tired reading it because the bastard can't spell worth a **** and he wrote too much. Seriously though it should be pretty damn impressive for what it is. I can't wait to see the results.
Good god the spelling ****'s are out in force tonight. Fun it will be. I am just READY for this to be over. I am tired of spending the few hours I have free woking on it. I still would do it again though.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good god the spelling ****'s are out in force tonight. Fun it will be. I am just READY for this to be over. I am tired of spending the few hours I have free woking on it. I still would do it again though.
I imagine you are ready for it to be done. Thats the shitty part of any project. You are almost there but just almost. I'm not a **** either damn it. LOL!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

The worst for me is the break down. I hate that crap. I really hate having to figure out how to take crap apart. Like my TA.........man I can rip that bitch apart in no time. Droping the tranny in the TB is a bitch. WAY worse than our cars.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The worst for me is the break down. I hate that crap. I really hate having to figure out how to take crap apart. Like my TA.........man I can rip that bitch apart in no time. Droping the tranny in the TB is a bitch. WAY worse than our cars.
I imagine. I looked at a TBSS and thought, its a nice *** truck but damn it looks like a Biatch to work on. My wife didn't care for it so we didn't get it, it would of been hers, but it looked like it would of been a pain in the ***.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Regular

The engine bay is SWEET!!! Lots and lots of room. It is just when you have to get under the thing that crap gets stupid.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The engine bay is SWEET!!! Lots and lots of room. It is just when you have to get under the thing that crap gets stupid.
That what I was looking at when I thought that it was crazy. I looked under the hood and thought, sweet plenty of room, I looked underneath and thought, WTF were they thinking. Its still a nice *** truck though.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get this ****** fired up already man. You already let the wife find out the top secret plan & put the cam in (would have paid to seen that by the way) & still no roaring beast. Your getting slow in your old age, LOL.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Scott !!! Should be up and running soon shouldn't it ??

Quick Reply: Operation hell blazer....