Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

How to beat a GT500.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
im gonna have to go ahead and say theres something wrong with that car or your buddy sucks at driving. my car went faster than that with over 100 less rwhp and a stock suspension on 17" mickey thompsons AND my car traped higher.
What did you run if you dont mind me asking? What r ur mods?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
i think that was probably directed more towards the regulars...

but who knows, i doubt he will let us know also...

since Jay doesnt do any moderatoring in this section (except whine about people posting bench racing in the SR&K section), sometimes Unit has to come back here and throw down... !!!
Oooh. You're getting in trouble all over the place since you got back Lemons.

To the OP: You shouldn't even worry about what it takes to beat a gt500, unless you have some vendetta against someone in a stock gt500

I suggest you just build the car up properly as money comes to you and there are plenty of threads on here that explain just how to do that (not going into it).

In the peculiar case that you are just interested or do have said vendetta, then it depends on where you want to beat them.
At the track, just as others have said, all it's going to take is bolt ons, sticky tires, and a stall (gears will help significantly too).
From a roll you can go either the 100+shot route or the mild H/C route (though a nice cam and tune would fit the bill probably).
I personally would suggest the H/C route FIRST. You don't want to get addicted to the bottle early on too much like some members on here... *Cough, Cough* Confuzed...Cough* I keed, I keed.

Or you could skip all that and buy a GTO... I hear those are CRAZY fast!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

******^^^^^^^^^^^ I hardly ever use the NAWZZZZZZ maing!!! Not to sound arogant but....I rarely need to on the street. And the street is where it is at BITCHES!!!! But yes, N2O is gasious crack. Once used you can't stop. LOL At 30 a bottle the bargain power N2O is, Becomes quite expensive. For all the $$$$$ I have spent on the stuff I could of had a BAD *** FI setup. Soon....very soon bitches.....I will. Right after the Hell Blazer is finished. She is going to love the N2O I am taking off of my car to put on her truck.LOL Shooting for 650-700 RWHP.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know why I hardly check this section.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I don't know why I hardly check this section.
Same here... Only recently have I been lurking here
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i sadly spend a lot of time in here... but somehow 98% of posts have nothing to do with cars..
Old 02-04-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Oh ok. I figured with the solid rear axle they'd be a little easier on to launch than a termi wouldn't they?
Well....yes and no. The IRS for the Cobra hooks much better on the street as the car can squat more. The SRA is far better for the strip and saves a ton of weight.
For a 100% drag car I'd throw in a SRA with 3.55's, 315+ wide tires and an automatic
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Oooh. You're getting in trouble all over the place since you got back Lemons.

To the OP: You shouldn't even worry about what it takes to beat a gt500, unless you have some vendetta against someone in a stock gt500

I suggest you just build the car up properly as money comes to you and there are plenty of threads on here that explain just how to do that (not going into it).

In the peculiar case that you are just interested or do have said vendetta, then it depends on where you want to beat them.
At the track, just as others have said, all it's going to take is bolt ons, sticky tires, and a stall (gears will help significantly too).
From a roll you can go either the 100+shot route or the mild H/C route (though a nice cam and tune would fit the bill probably).
I personally would suggest the H/C route FIRST. You don't want to get addicted to the bottle early on too much like some members on here... *Cough, Cough* Confuzed...Cough* I keed, I keed.

Or you could skip all that and buy a GTO... I hear those are CRAZY fast!
Well it's just a way to give me an idea as to where I would stand with one ("bench racing" if you will). The chances i'll see them real often around here isn't very likely. Just thought it would be fun to know since i've never ran one and I don't go to the track.

So all I really have is magazine racing and how fast people "say" they are. Please don't take that away from me.

Quick Reply: How to beat a GT500.