Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Toying with this notion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Toying with this notion

Well the more i think about it the more i want to do it, okay here it goes. I DD a 93 z28, well I'm joining the army soon i figure by the time i get down with the training blah blah etc etc. When i get back I'll buy a descent new car, turn the old Z into astreet/drag car. My notion is to tear everything out of the car, except the drivers seat. I wanna take out all the carpet, plastic trim passenger seat, back seats, anything that wont be needed get ditched including the plastic door covers. I wil ltake the heater core out to. How much weight would you guess could be lost
Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Go to the drag section they have a COMPLETE list of weight reduction items and their weights. It's always being updated so you can get a pretty damned good idea of what to expect when you atrt chucking **** out the window
It is a sticky btw, so no need to search.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

If you plan on getting thuper serious, perhaps. Otherwise, I'd just do things like lightweight seats, carpet, no creature comforts, ect. You can pull a lot of weight without gutting the thing. That's just me.

Quick Reply: Toying with this notion