Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

what kind of power will this make?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of power will this make?

what kind of power do you think this setup would make?

25-RumblerX Texas Speed Rumbler X True Duals w/ moroso spiral flow mufflers
25-178LT ALL NEW Texas Speed 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers

CamPkg-2 TSP Camshaft, PRC Spring Kit & Pushrod Package w/Texas Speed 233/239 camshaft w/112 LSA

40-144LS1-16 Crane Cams LS1 Roller Rocker Arm Kit w 1.8:1 ratio
111-54039P F.A.S.T. Ported LSX 92mm Composite Intake Manifold
Old 02-07-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

y do you want to get the rocker arms the stockers are fine
Old 02-07-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
y do you want to get the rocker arms the stockers are fine
why wouldn't I? they will free up some friction loss and.....Crane Cams Gold-Race, full-roller aluminum rockers for the LS1/LS6 engine family add up to 20 horsepower over stock! These rockers were designed for quiet operation and do not trigger the stock GM "Knock Sensor", which retards spark advance and reduces power output! They feature the exclusive Crane "Quick-Lift" design, which moves the valve off its seat quicker, initiating flow into the combustion chamber earlier, thereby increasing port efficiency and horsepower output! They are available in a complete kit (rockers, rocker studs, pushrod guideplates and pushrods) or separately, and are an easy bolt-on. They also clear stock Chevy LS1/LS6 rocker covers. Stock 1.7:1 and optional 1.8:1 ratios available.

sounds like they would out preform the stockers to me.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock roller rockers are great pieces and in your case more than adequate to handle the load. Aftermarket RR like that are popular among the aftermarket heads users w/ bronze guides, NOT cam only guys. And from what I've seen, Harland Sharp rockers seem to be the RR of choice for alot of people that actually need them. Don't always be fooled by the 20hp gains slogan. If that were true then the SLP MAF really DOES add 15+hp !! Save the $$ for the rockers and FAST and buy some heads! Getting heads will be more noticeable than a cam only w/ FAST, and your LS6 is good enough running an H/C package.

Also look into the ls6 ported oil pump, and don't for get the crank bolt. You could also get a U/D pulley, now would be the perfect time. Just some FYI.

To answer your power question, If you're an m6 look to be around 400+ w/ that setup, maybe 410+ w/ FAST. With H/C setup look to be around 430+, and H/C with FAST look to be 440-450hp, but those are purely estimates, as other factors may come into play such as injectors, stock Fuel Pump, tune, etc. If you're an a4 car subtract 15-30hp from all those #s, your stall size plays a big role in that too.

Good luck with your build man.

Last edited by '02 WS6; 02-07-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

well after i get this stuff i will be getting a set of heads.

Quick Reply: what kind of power will this make?