Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

die hard chevy guy praises a gt500

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default die hard chevy guy praises a gt500

yes i am a chevy man through and through, but....my bro in law just got his gt500 back from JDM after having a whipple 3.4 put on it and headers and god know what else, he dyno'd 740RWHP. they said he may be featured in MM&FF. its pushing something like 22psi but dont quote me on that. he told me its at the limit of the internals. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN ANYTHING THAT POWERFUL. after riding in that i almost wanted to run out and buy a cobra or something supercharged. but not quite. plus nothing stock will feel like that thing. honest to god my ears felt like then needed to pop. and i couldn't lift my head of the seat. dear god. and he couldn't hook up for ****. and that thing had a wicked shriek with the headers, i cant remember what brand. he said it was the largest pulley, so it hasn't even scratched the potential. so it goes without saying i will never be beating that car. the tuners told him it has 9's in it right now with the right driver. while I'm hoping with a few more bolt on's namely a STS. i hope to be in the 10's. high 10's
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way would anyone know what kind of power a cammed ls1 would make with around 6-8 psi from a STS kit? i am definitely getting one, as soon as i research the hell out of it and keep my eye's open for the right priced one.