Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Heads/cams mach 1 vs sprayed ls1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
i understood what he wrote but i was simply saying how it could be misleading to others. go work on your mustang.
But that's not what you said originally.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Angry

Originally Posted by ponygt65
thank you..seesh. I guess I really have to spell everything out.

what's your 3rd gen run/setup with?

Meth?.....I'm starting to think that stuff is over rated. Also, if he has a forged motor, he shouldn't need it. I'd consider it on a stock motor before a forged motor...and PULease don't tell me he isn't I/C'd.

it went 10.7 on motor with a good ole vortec tree-fiddy, some edelbrock rpm heads and vic jr. basic summit catalog parts,cast pistons, stock rods. hydrolic roller, motor i just threw together to setup/calibrate the susp. for my true engine. got alot of callouts after i beat the guy.
got like 3 huckleberry's lolz!
went to track following week, with some new susp. parts and 125 plate. wanted to see how hard it would hook, 60ft, 1/8 etc. went 10.32.
guy still hasnt got back 2 me yet. dont matter anymore,that engine got sold
Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NemeSS
it went 10.7 on motor with a good ole vortec tree-fiddy, some edelbrock rpm heads and vic jr. basic summit catalog parts,cast pistons, stock rods. hydrolic roller, motor i just threw together to setup/calibrate the susp. for my true engine. got alot of callouts after i beat the guy.
got like 3 huckleberry's lolz!
went to track following week, with some new susp. parts and 125 plate. wanted to see how hard it would hook, 60ft, 1/8 etc. went 10.32.
guy still hasnt got back 2 me yet. dont matter anymore,that engine got sold
If he knew that before hand and thought he had a chance, he's an idiot.

he has a low 11 car at best, and that's with gears, DRs and WR. TS is where he might have had a chance..and that would have been a roll race.

Is a member of the registry?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If he knew that before hand and thought he had a chance, he's an idiot.

he has a low 11 car at best, and that's with gears, DRs and WR. TS is where he might have had a chance..and that would have been a roll race.

Is a member of the registry?
was supposed to race some guy with bolt ons,347 stroker fox, and this dude stepped up. i wasnt out to hustle anyone, the guy with the fox didnt want to run my ss. so brought my iroc. the mach 1 guy thought my turd gen was junk and since he was sc,. he knew what he was going up against.
i run a th350 with stall. no excuses from me. if i lose, i lose. done deal.
he still wanted to go.
wasnt too pleased with the outcome,said he would run better at the track.
not really, he brought up that he didnt have a forged motor or meth.
he has the scoop induction for the sc, looks real cool. the car is ic, i guess the one that come with sc kit. he was also on some dr and runners.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fill up ur bottle raise hell lol!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NemeSS
was supposed to race some guy with bolt ons,347 stroker fox, and this dude stepped up. i wasnt out to hustle anyone, the guy with the fox didnt want to run my ss. so brought my iroc. the mach 1 guy thought my turd gen was junk and since he was sc,. he knew what he was going up against.
i run a th350 with stall. no excuses from me. if i lose, i lose. done deal.
he still wanted to go.
wasnt too pleased with the outcome,said he would run better at the track.
not really, he brought up that he didnt have a forged motor or meth.
he has the scoop induction for the sc, looks real cool. the car is ic, i guess the one that come with sc kit. he was also on some dr and runners.
Now I'm REALLY interested to know who this is. Sounds like a clueless dork from what your saying.

He's I/C'd but says he doesn't ahve forged internals or Meth? Meth would be a substitute for the I/C...dumbass. scoop induction for the SC?....not sure what you mean.
Originally Posted by ssick1
fill up ur bottle raise hell lol!
that's what it'll take.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Now I'm REALLY interested to know who this is. Sounds like a clueless dork from what your saying.

He's I/C'd but says he doesn't ahve forged internals or Meth? Meth would be a substitute for the I/C...dumbass. scoop induction for the SC?....not sure what you mean.

that's what it'll take.
i hope i dont say anything stupid cuz i know pony will throw it in my face BUT when i had my 2 supercharged 5.3's i was intercooled and still ran meth because it let me add some timing, and pulled the iat's down even more than the IC could. i actually watched them drop when it sprayed. from looking at the dyno run it only seemed to help in upper rpms, and higher boost, i was centri charged.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i hope i dont say anything stupid cuz i know pony will throw it in my face BUT when i had my 2 supercharged 5.3's i was intercooled and still ran meth because it let me add some timing, and pulled the iat's down even more than the IC could. i actually watched them drop when it sprayed. from looking at the dyno run it only seemed to help in upper rpms, and higher boost, i was centri charged.
Nope....you are correct....however, it's pretty much a chancy risk. If you are low in meth you risk something bad happening. Not only that, there's quite a bit of corrosion potential. Meth is a good thing, IF it setup correctly and monitored like it should. Alot of people are going to it and IMO, it's gonna become the next nitrous thing...oh just slap it on and go....um, not really, unless you don't care about being 'safe'. With Forged internals and I/C meth inj. would be a waste IMHO. Some may disagree.

did your 5.3 have forged internals?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Nope....you are correct....however, it's pretty much a chancy risk. If you are low in meth you risk something bad happening. Not only that, there's quite a bit of corrosion potential. Meth is a good thing, IF it setup correctly and monitored like it should. Alot of people are going to it and IMO, it's gonna become the next nitrous thing...oh just slap it on and go....um, not really, unless you don't care about being 'safe'. With Forged internals and I/C meth inj. would be a waste IMHO. Some may disagree.

did your 5.3 have forged internals?
no i didn't have forged internals, but i was only running 8psi.

Quick Reply: Heads/cams mach 1 vs sprayed ls1