Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What kind of power do you think I'll make???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of power do you think I'll make???

well I'm just about done with my rebuild on the 383. Bored 40 over to a 385 and I was wondering what you guys think I can make through my pos t350?

Heres a small list of what I've got it in so far.

-flat top speed pro hypereutectic coated pistons 11:1cpr
-Pro comp 210cc heads 64cc close chambers 2.02/1.6
-1.6 rockers (might end up going with 1.7's depending on what the cam does for me)
-Performer rpm lower intake mani
-holley 770 dp street avenger
-comp cam 500in/486ex
-eagle rods
-forged/balanced crank
-bluprinted block
-full msd ignition
-1 3/4 header
-tru dual exhaust 2 1/2 inch

and I think thats about it. I'm not sure what the timing is going to be set at yet but I'm going to be running 92-94octane so it wont be too high.

I was just wondering what you guys think it could make. I'm hoping for mid 400's but is that asking for too much? Pistons are only rated to around 500-550hp so i dont really want much more than that. And I'm running a t350 so Ill lose a decent amount there. Also what stall would you guys reccommend. The cam calls for a 2,800-3,200. I'm thinking 3,400 would be a bit on the low side so I'm thinking more of a 3,500. Let me know. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

I believe there is a section for estimating dyno numbers. What type of heads are you goign to be running? The rwhp of this car si flywheel horspower are going to be a huge difference, dont think that because you are loosing so much through the drivetrain that you pistons will beable to support a big shot of nitrous. Mid 400's will be a bit much to ask for, I doubt you will even see 400 to the wheels with this combo, I am think more so around mid 300's at max depending on the type of head you are going to run.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
I believe there is a section for estimating dyno numbers. What type of heads are you goign to be running? The rwhp of this car si flywheel horspower are going to be a huge difference, dont think that because you are loosing so much through the drivetrain that you pistons will beable to support a big shot of nitrous. Mid 400's will be a bit much to ask for, I doubt you will even see 400 to the wheels with this combo, I am think more so around mid 300's at max depending on the type of head you are going to run.
Yea, I couldnt find that section. And I know I'll lose a crap load of power to the wheels but thats what im wanting to know. The car is going to be all motor with the pistons it has in it. When I start running a shot Im going to have to change them out. I was just hoping to get decently into the 400's with this setup. Since I've seen quite a few making more than that with similar parts. And the heads are ProComp 210cc heads.

Quick Reply: What kind of power do you think I'll make???