Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Whats it take to be on the 04' cobra level?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just race one, then mod and go from there. every car/driver differs. Live and learn.

When I had a WS6 (bolt ons) and ran a 03 cobra with DRs only. I got pulled. Then i got spray. i love these threads "what i need to hang/beat 03/04 cobras"

I am not biased on Ford, GM, etc. I appreciate and love fast, clean cars. If you hate Ford, Dodge, etc then more power to you go ahead wasting your time talking about how slow they are and what a piece of junk they are.

Originally Posted by cjg454ss

i ve also seen a BONE STOCK 99 trans am with a 250 shot run a whipple cobra on 25psi and all bolt ons. the cobra still one, but only by a car or so.
250 shot? on bone stock TA, hope that was only for that one pull, i wonder how many runs he would last with that stock fuel system and everything.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

my car back in the day when i got it had an ms3 cam, wasnt called that back then. i also home ported my stock heads, slp longtubes, catback and slp lid. i ran a 04 cobra with 17psi and got beat by a fender. i also had a passenger to his solo run. my car was also an automatic. i dynoed 420 rwhp to his 480rwhp. those cars are garbage

i ve also seen a BONE STOCK 99 trans am with a 250 shot run a whipple cobra on 25psi and all bolt ons. the cobra still one, but only by a car or so.
You sir, are an ignorant fool. Congrats.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You sir, are an ignorant fool. Congrats.
lets see what my ignorant turbo ls1 does against for brainiac cobra.

also im not sure how long the trans am lasted. i think he wrapped it around a pole or something. it was an automatic car. two basic 10lb bottle kits setup as a two stage. kinda crazy what people do when street racing, not too long ago their was a stock Jeep SRT8 with a 250 shot running 6.5s on street tires, lets see a cobra do that.

im not biased on brand, GM is dead, i have an f350, jeep and a chevy. i just dont think cobras are anything great, especially cobras on ls1 sites defending how fast they are.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

lets see what my ignorant turbo ls1 does against for brainiac cobra.

also im not sure how long the trans am lasted. i think he wrapped it around a pole or something. it was an automatic car. two basic 10lb bottle kits setup as a two stage. kinda crazy what people do when street racing, not too long ago their was a stock Jeep SRT8 with a 250 shot running 6.5s on street tires, lets see a cobra do that.

im not biased on brand, GM is dead, i have an f350, jeep and a chevy. i just dont think cobras are anything great, especially cobras on ls1 sites defending how fast they are.
Uh....WTF does a cars setup have to do with your ignorance? Do you know the meaning of the word?.

Your last sentence assists in proving my point. Contradictive much? If you aren't brand biased, then why would it matter who's on this site? And call me crazy, but there appears to be one Cobra owner (out of three current, and a fourth that had one) posting something regarding ETs/TS's in here. So, where do you get that they are defending how fast they are?

Now you're just reaching for the fence and making yourself look,....let's say, far fetched.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Banned

Uh....WTF does a cars setup have to do with your ignorance? Do you know the meaning of the word?.

Your last sentence assists in proving my point. Contradictive much? If you aren't brand biased, then why would it matter who's on this site? And call me crazy, but there appears to be one Cobra owner (out of three current, and a fourth that had one) posting something regarding ETs/TS's in here. So, where do you get that they are defending how fast they are?

Now you're just reaching for the fence and making yourself look,....let's say, far fetched.

back on topic, get a cam and clean up the heads and youll be right with a cobra, a little 150 shot and youll eat him up. unless its ponygt65, then you will need two stages 500hp a piece.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

2 former owners

guy's a noob Mike, just leave him be.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

back on topic, get a cam and clean up the heads and youll be right with a cobra, a little 150 shot and youll eat him up. unless its ponygt65, then you will need two stages 500hp a piece.
whatever dumbass.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
2 former owners

guy's a noob Mike, just leave him be.
been here 3 years Sarge.

doesn't matter...I'm out.

Quick Reply: Whats it take to be on the 04' cobra level?