Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Challenger R/T owner talking extreme BS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009 | 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Challenger R/T owner talking extreme BS!

So last nite me and my buddy are cruising around in his 07 Z06 when this bone stock looking, bright orange challenger (automatic) pulls up beside us as we're rolling and like a typical ricer kept on hitting the throttle and eventually doing an awesome fly by. So we just let him go and we pull into the parking lot that we always meet up at.

Sure enough, the guy decides to join us and all of our friends there and steps out of the car. He comes up to my buddy, asking that if its the Z06 model, which as mentioned before it is. My friend nods accordingly and the R/T owners response- "yeah thats the only one that can beat me" during this whole time, I didnt say a single word but after I heard this I had to open up my big mouth and politely inform him of his misunderstandings. After listing many cars such as the C5, C5Z, C6 and even my nearly bone stock (pro 5.0, SLP lid) LS1 T/A he looked like a deer in headlights and pissed at the same time, yet still in complete denial.

He went on to tell me the following "well I dont know, the car is 450hp, its heavily underrated from the factory" I really didnt know what else to say at this point in time. I kind of looked at his car and offered "well saturday night after I get off of work, im game, Ill meet you at this same lot at whichever time you want" He went on explaining that he doesn't race on the street and he only goes to track events (IN which he laid down a best time of "12.8@108mph") I understood his point by not racing on the street, however this was on a rural industrial road that is about 4-5 miles long, fenced on both sides and probably past midnight. After offering it mutliple times, and him knowing the location I still got shut down.

Saturday we're having a small event at the local track and he said that he will be there running his car. Im unfortunately working and cant make it but I will have a friend with a 350Z that I am sure can spank him and many more people to see his claimed time of 12.8.

If I catch him on the street tonite because were having another a local car show, what can I expect? This guy was blowing smoke out of his *** for half an hour telling us how fast it is and how he kills SRT8's due to having more sidewall and the motor is heavily underated. Midlife crisis I tell ya.

I
Old 06-03-2009 | 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

I have a friend (Bad_lt1) who raced a challenger r/t.
he is pretty much stock.(cai, exhaust, cutout).
the LT1 won the race, so I can't see you, an ls1, losing to him. unless he isn't stock.

btw, automatic challengers only put down 370/405 (factory numbers)
with them being like a brick,(1/4 time of 13.8 @ 102) this should be an easy win for you.
enjoy :]
Old 06-03-2009 | 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope so man, and I think so too. Well, were gonna find out either tonite or saturday from my 350z friend. Even If i do a quick pull thru 1-2nd with him to see how it hangs.
Old 06-03-2009 | 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

i would not worry about it.
you got this in a bag.
enjoy the win
Old 06-03-2009 | 07:50 PM
Teching In

Even my 212rwhp M Coupe would massacre him in the 1/4 (I run 13.4's) so he hates his life running against you. On the highway my car would lose, but your car will walk him with no issues.
Old 06-06-2009 | 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

**UPDATE**

This guy ran his car today and it ran a 13.6.....I might have some difficulties. Im gonna opt for a roll race.
Old 06-06-2009 | 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sanya_kim
I have a friend (Bad_lt1) who raced a challenger r/t.
he is pretty much stock.(cai, exhaust, cutout).
the LT1 won the race, so I can't see you, an ls1, losing to him. unless he isn't stock.

btw, automatic challengers only put down 370/405 (factory numbers)
with them being like a brick,(1/4 time of 13.8 @ 102) this should be an easy win for you.
enjoy :]
Um...nope. Not R/T's not even close
Old 06-07-2009 | 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mid 13's sounds like he can drive
Old 06-08-2009 | 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

its auto. whats there to drive?
Old 06-08-2009 | 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its impressive to even see SRT-8 Chryslers get INTO the 12's lol.

Quick Reply: Challenger R/T owner talking extreme BS!