Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a marty mcfly and put our car in R (backwards) and mayby he will hit a car and hurt himself. or handle this like an old englishmen and sword fight
Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

stall, and a dry n20 hit and some dr's will make quick work of the supra.
take him to the track. that roll racing **** is for ricers.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jph2275
Ls1tech,

Well I have been challenged. I met my girlfriend here at the university of texas austin, and we for the most part just sit around and "study" haha. No but mainly keep to ourselves. She is a facebooking girl, which pisses me off cuz i hate that ****, but anyways. A jock from her highschool football team who she was legitimately "just friends" with, is jealous of me dating her and somehow found out I have a camaro. I think coach's special horse crank has gone to his head. He sent her alot of messages on facebook asking about me, started running his mouth about how his car was faster, challenged me to race, and than started calling me a ***** or something? I dont even know this kid btw. I cant blame him for being jealous of me having my chick, but he's hitting below the belt now.

he has a 1995 toyota supra, claiming its "twin turbo'd" with "800 HP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to her he always talks big and has nothing to back it up, but I am going under the assumption its a single turbo supra. I think ive seen it too, and there is no way its TT.

He wants a few runs from a dig and a few from a 30 and 60 mph roll.

We arent really racing for money, I guess its just a pride thing. If he runs his mouth ill be busting his lip after the race. I just dont want to give him anything to cry about before we race so he cant blame his loss on the fact he cant see out of his windshield cuz of his fat swollen lip

I guess my question is, how fast are those things? I know supra's vary quite a bit, but im trying to get a feel for a mostly stock turbo supra, maybe intake and exhaust too at most i imagine.

I WILL be running my harris speed works 150 wet kit, and my mods are in my sig ( mainly just headers, catback, tune, smooth bellow, and a lid).

Does anyone think I'll get my *** handed to me? I did quite well on just motor the other day spinning out of the hole (12.9 @ 108) so with the bottle idk how it'll go.

Anything anyone can think of to better prepare my LS1 agaisnt Godzilla haha? I'd love to just cream the F*ck out of this moron.

Normally I dont buy into this kind of ****, but there is no way im gonna get shown up by some dousche with a jap car.

Opinions welcome, thx for reading!
god damn your a tool....are you seriously getin in a pissing contest with some guy about who's car is faster to showoff to a girl...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Agree to the race. Go to the NNRA that TWS is talking about and get it on camara for us. To find out about the turbo have him pop his hood on the left side of the motor there should be a turbo or two. If it only has one it could be a *** kicking if it is set up right. Judging by the way this guy acts I wouldnt worry he is most likly full of ****. Good luck
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i didnt read all of the replys so someone might have beat me, but a lot of TT's will go with a single bigger turbo, which could be easily capable of 800hp... I dont know his mods or anything but im just saying. I say race what you have, if you lose owell, just beat the **** ***. Just be sure you dont lose the race, then hit him and get your *** beat, that would be very bad.

eitherway goodluck man! oh, A nice 150shot and a stall will do wonders on your car!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Are we 16?? Seriously WGAF
Old 06-15-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Are we 16?? Seriously WGAF
No joke...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Sounds like she enjoys stirring the pot, and the attention it gives her. Kind of like when chicks try to get two (or more) guys to fight over them.
yeah. why is she letting this guy cause problems?

sounds like you need to race for pinks. his car for your girl.
win/win scenario.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
yeah. why is she letting this guy cause problems?

sounds like you need to race for pinks. his car for your girl.
win/win scenario.

^^^^That is good LOL...

Yeah as long as the p*ssy is riding next to you don't sweat it. If she goes out with him cause she thinks his car is faster you are better off in the long run for finding this **** out now. Just be glad you figured this materialistic **** out now.......
Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd lose the first time on purpose and see what your girl does, she leave's no point in continuing, if not race again for 100 bucks and lose again, finally do it a 3rd time for double or nothing. Win take home 200 bucks, your girl and the satisfaction of taking his cash and crushing his inflated ego after he won twice.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have said track it... you have a better chance there anyways.

have you used the kit? you only posted a Na run of 12.xx.

Post up with the results.. no big deal if you lose you still got the girl.. but id prob toss her for her Facebook bs... just causes fights like a MF!

Hey now would be a good time for:::
Backseat,front sway bar, front bumper support,spare tire,jack delete!
1/8 tank of gas
Do not have a passenger!

up the jets to 200 for the hell of it lol just incase he has upgraded turbo!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TWS
Sounds like neither of you guys are into the Austin street scene.

If you want the race on film, come to the NRRA meet Wednesday night. If interested, PM me for directions. Make sure Supra boy shows up. We'll show you where to race and capture it on film so there will be no controversy afterwards.

There's only one modified Supra from UT that comes out, and the driver does not look like a football player in the slightest. Tell your boy to roll on up, but he won't want to if he's just into **** talking. At an NRRA meet, if you run your mouth, you better be ready to run your car.
Oh im so coming Wednesday to see if this **** goes down same place as the Saturday meets right?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by velox65
I'd lose the first time on purpose and see what your girl does, she leave's no point in continuing, if not race again for 100 bucks and lose again, finally do it a 3rd time for double or nothing. Win take home 200 bucks, your girl and the satisfaction of taking his cash and crushing his inflated ego after he won twice.
if he loses twice, double or nothing would mean he would end up with nothing after winning the 3rd race
Old 06-15-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

How can we tell you without knowing what it actually has?
I would be more worried if it were a single turbo.
Let's say he has decent power, you will probably take him from a dig.
But he will DESTROY you from a roll with your trap.

Those things will run like 12.9X but they will friggen do it at 120MPH lol.

If you do see he actually is modded, go from a dig.
A roll is a no no, unless you want to see tail lights.
-Matt
Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jph2275
My bad, but yeah Im sure other than a faggy black stripe that looks like a lightning bolt on the side of his rig its a pretty much stocker car haha

**** yeah man, tires and a stall would be awesome... but since im living off ramen noodles im gonna have to save for a while
And the chick just loves facebook... she calls it her ls1tech haha... im working on that tho for sure..
LOL i don't understand what girls think, and i'm supposedly one. I know all my stupid girls they love FB and i'm like "oh ya.. i have one" lol. SO MAKE HER STOP MESSAGING THE JERK, PM'S ARE A NO GO ON FB... BAAAD NEWS! Dude, the ramen thing.. I totally understand... but I have a stall... If you put your funds in the right place you'll afford one I'm personally living off my own cooking veggies and sale chicken!!

And yea about being a stocker.. he has enough money to afford a supra but he doesn't have enough money to mod it???
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Every time I read about these kinda of races they never go down.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

cant wait to see what happens. the FB bs! my fiance was on that site. told her to loose the site or ill help her put her **** on the lawn..... no bs!......also, no more FB!......alot of trouble there bro..........but it does seem like she is agging it on...........jmo.......good luck bro, whip some ***!.......
Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by velox65
Originally Posted by 00 Silver 6
if he loses twice, double or nothing would mean he would end up with nothing after winning the 3rd race
Math Fail... That was pretty good.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol so what happened
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay7199
same place as the Saturday meets right?
Yes.

OP and I have exchanged PMs. Hope he can get the other guy to show up.

Quick Reply: Jealous guy with a supra wants to run my ls1